Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok i give up.. od 7/9.. last week changed to October with no dates. Called SA yesterday and he said i will get by end of the month as they are prioritizing cali orders because of rebate. Just now got updated Nov 5 - Dec 3 😓
I got the "Tesla Delivery Preparation!" email from Tesla corporate this morning. No VIN, EDD is still mid-Nov to Mid-Dec. Not sure how far out they send these emails from your actual delivery date. I never got one when I ordered and took delivery of my M3LR back in September. Order to delivery date was only 32 days for that car so it might have been delivered too quickly for me to get the email.

I see you are getting your car in Richmond. Me too. My experience with service there was spotty with my M3. Tons of swirls in the paint at delivery, touch up to some paint chips was not more than just a paint pen, and they let me drive off with the left rear brake light disconnected after adjusting the lens. Just make sure you check their repairs prior to driving off. The SAs seem to be ok but service? Meh.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I got the "Tesla Delivery Preparation!" email from Tesla corporate this morning. No VIN, EDD is still mid-Nov to Mid-Dec. Not sure how far out they send these emails from your actual delivery date. I never got one when I ordered and took delivery of my M3LR back in September. Order to delivery date was only 32 days for that car so it might have been delivered too quickly for me to get the email.

I see you are getting your car in Richmond. Me too. My experience with service there was spotty with my M3. Tons of swirls in the paint at delivery, touch up to some paint chips was not more than just a paint pen, and they let me drive off with the left rear brake light disconnected after adjusting the lens. Just make sure you check their repairs prior to driving off. The SAs seem to be ok but service? Meh.
Ok it seems like I’m not alone then, I guess the Richmond SC just decided to push that generic email out this AM to folks with our EDD timeframe.

And that’s disheartening to hear about your M3 delivery issues, mainly bc the RVA location is a whole service center & not just a delivery center. You’d think they’d get it right the 1st time! If I have issues I won’t be upset tho, as long as it’s not so bad that I can’t take the car home that day. But given your experience I’ll definitely be sure to inspect thoroughly before taking off. Thanks for that!

My local credit union stated that I will be receiving an order agreement signed by a manager at Tesla, and that is what they want to secure my loan. Is this normal and/or something others have run into?
My SA told me yesterday:
(My financial institution - USAA) will be sending you a Dealer Funding Request. Once you get that, please email to [email protected] With RN# in the subject line. We will be able to upload that to your account for proof of payment. We work with them al the time post delivery to send the funds.
I got the approval for a loan from USAA but haven't received anything from USAA yet. I may need to go through and initiate the loan before they process whatever Tesla sends them (I guess the MVPA). I do see the MVPA in my profile, so maybe I need to send that to USAA myself. I'll be calling USAA tomorrow to figure it out. Today my focus is selling my existing car so I can use that towards my down payment.

I'm also waiting on the schedule delivery message. My SA told me the car will arrive 8 Nov and said I could pick up 9 Nov or 10 Nov, but nothing has been finalized. I'd like to lock in 9 Nov so I have a day with it before departing on a road trip on 11 Nov. I'll have to charge it up on my 110V outlet since I don't have any adapters yet and the 14-50 isn't being installed until early December.

Ok i give up.. od 7/9.. last week changed to October with no dates. Called SA yesterday and he said i will get by end of the month as they are prioritizing cali orders because of rebate. Just now got updated Nov 5 - Dec 3 😓
Same type of experience. Monday EDD went to October. Seemed like many of us in SoCal were going to get VINs this week. This morning I woke up to Dec 9 -31.

When I ordered I had plenty of time between expected delivery and lease end on old vehicle (which was 10/24). Last week I scrambled and extended it 2 months. Now I'm wondering if I'll have a car by Christmas.

My SA told me yesterday:

I got the approval for a loan from USAA but haven't received anything from USAA yet. I may need to go through and initiate the loan before they process whatever Tesla sends them (I guess the MVPA). I do see the MVPA in my profile, so maybe I need to send that to USAA myself. I'll be calling USAA tomorrow to figure it out. Today my focus is selling my existing car so I can use that towards my down payment.

I'm also waiting on the schedule delivery message. My SA told me the car will arrive 8 Nov and said I could pick up 9 Nov or 10 Nov, but nothing has been finalized. I'd like to lock in 9 Nov so I have a day with it before departing on a road trip on 11 Nov. I'll have to charge it up on my 110V outlet since I don't have any adapters yet and the 14-50 isn't being installed until early December.
That should be your MVPA I think?

I thought so too, and I sent that to them. Their reply:

"You will be getting another purchase agreement from Tesla with the manager’s signature on it. We want a copy of that purchase agreement." Tesla chat said to wait for the delivery team to reach out, which sounds like a recipe for issues. lol

I wish I had an SA! I have never spoken to anybody at Mt. Kisco, whenever I call I give up due to hold times or disconnects.

Reactions: boingolover

"You will be getting another purchase agreement from Tesla with the manager’s signature on it. We want a copy of that purchase agreement." Tesla chat said to wait for the delivery team to reach out, which sounds like a recipe for issues. lol

I wish I had an SA! I have never spoken to anybody at Mt. Kisco, whenever I call I give up due to hold times or disconnects.
My MVPA has a Tesla Sales Manager signature at the bottom. I didn't get any notices about it but it just showed up in the Documents section below the App Store and Google Play store icons.

My SA has been amazing. They changed from cash to financing, added my wife to the registration, and have answered my questions promptly.

EDD shifted this morning to 12/17-12/31 from 1/25-2/22… I’m guessing I’ve been prioritized due to having a few upgrades on my order. I’m anticipating further shifts but figured I’d share.
You got moved up from January/February to December **and** you went from a 28 day EDD window to a 14 day EDD window. That’s positive news all around!

Hi guys! Tomorrow is the day! I do have one question, everyone seems to give different answers. Does the agreement paperwork have to be filled out before the pick up? Tesla tells me yes, but I've seen videos of people filling it out at the location after inspection. I know payment can be completed there, because most people seems to do that even though Tesla says to do it before. Hopefully any of you guys know.
Honestly the only thing you need to get done prior to delivery is get your Insurance sorted out and if you have a trade-in - get the title with all signatures.

I signed all documents/handed the loan check and paid whatever little balance was left post financing after I inspected the car and was satisfied.

Once you convert your payment fo financing (after calling an SA) you will be reissued a new MVPA that is signed by someone in Tesla .. in my case VP sales Tesla North America. This is what your bank needs.

ditto as @loggedout

• Helpful
Reactions: loggedout
My MVPA has a Tesla Sales Manager signature at the bottom. I didn't get any notices about it but it just showed up in the Documents section below the App Store and Google Play store icons.

My SA has been amazing. They changed from cash to financing, added my wife to the registration, and have answered my questions promptly.
Ineresting. Mine does not have a signature. Maybe I'm just trying to move too quickly. haha