Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I talked to someone on the phone Monday, and I had some questions about a form my lender requires the dealer to fill out. They said my SA would need to take care of that, and that's when they gave me the person's name and email, and he also said he'd make a note to have my SA reach out. I emailed the form to the address he provided, asked some questions, no response. Luckily the dealership is close by, I might swing by a little later this afternoon and see if I can catch someone who can actually help, give me some advice, hell, maybe even a phone number to call of someone local.
I did this a few hours ago. Once I finished accepting the loan offer from my bank, they provided me with a Dealer Funding Request. That's the form you send to Tesla which connects Tesla and your bank so they can send the funds to the right place. My SA told me to send that form to their center's support email with the RN# in the subject line. They processed it within an hour. There was no change on my account page.

Just waiting on the notice to actually schedule delivery now.

I mean, I agree of course. But that doesn't mean your warranty is only 24 hours. My plan is to do as thorough an inspection as possible on delivery, create tickets as needed, and be annoying as hell if any of that doesn't get taken care of. But the warranty is fairly generous by industry standards.
Want to share my experience with this as we dropped off our MY for delivery 1.5 months after. You can only create 1 ticket at a time and you can't open a new ticket while one is already open. Do note this and YMMV but once you log your reports and you get your estimate, anything else you add is not recorded.
We logged 3 items within the first 24hrs and we got a repair estimate 2 days later. I asked on the service chat if we can report more issues we find and the response was yes, just add them to the ticket. Well we added about 7 more things and when we showed up for service, only the first 3 things on the original estimate showed on their system. The lady said she could see the pictures we uploaded for the extra reports but the notes were not there.
She recommended next time to add new items in the chat so whoever is responding is aware and can update the ticket instead of us. She was able to read all the chats and said we never mentioned anything new in the chat which of course was because we were already logging them as new items on the same ticket.

Now it may vary from SC to SC but this was our experience. The lady said she couldn't address those extra issues we logged and would have to open new ticket but the tech she assigned asked us to show him the issues and he said he'll address them. Hopefully he does; the ticket doesn't show any updates.

Let's tell a story... Yesterday when the "Order Status" page was down for maintenance, I immediately thought they were updating my page so that i would have a VIN.. I was happy, ecstatic even - then found it was down for everyone and knew that wasn't it..
Today, i restart my computer and distill isn't pulling data in.. I immediately think my creds just need refreshed.. i logged in and BAM! BLUE BUTTOM AND A VIN!!! ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!! 7/12 OD | MSM | Black Interior | Gemini's! I'M SO EXCITED!!! - Ok, back to work.... VIN=3041XX
That’s a great story….congrats!

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
A more useful number for comparing charge rate is to look at the Kilowatts. So a Juicebox sells several models. The highest amperage model that uses a NEMA 14-50 plug (for any manufacturer) is going to be 40A, which at 240V is 9.6 kw. The included mobile connector with the 14-50 adapter is 32A, so 7.68 kw. To go higher than 9.6kw on 240, you need to go hard wired, and that will get you to a 48A / 240 which is 11.52 kw. The Tesla Wall Connector is hard wired only, Juicebox sells hard wired and nema plug versions, as does chargepoint flex. So I didn't buy a juicebox necessarily for the improved charge speed, but that's certainly a bonus. If I cared about max charging speed I would have went hard wired. But I like the idea of having a charger semi-permanently installed on the wall, but if something happens and it fails, maybe the contactor relay burns up etc, then I'll have the mobile connector to use as a backup while waiting to get the other one fixed. Also, that means I can leave the mobile connector in the car at all times, so I'll have it available for anything unexpected that comes up. Same reason I wanted to have a dedicated J1772 for the house in addition to the one in the car at all times. I also have a NEMA 14-50 adapter for the mobile connector. This might be a bit overkill, but the idea is this will help with any range anxiety.
Same here. I went with the JuiceBox for similar reasons. I also ordered an additional J1772 to leave on the JB. The other will stay in the car at all times. I ordered the 14-50 adapter as well.

The Chargepoint allows both hardwired or pigtail. The JB is not recommended. They have different versions.

I added my odometer reading to my expired trade-in offer and it just came back lower than it had been in August (which kicked off even ordering the dang Y) but not by so much that I'd call off the whole thing.

It's still doable even if Tesla is somehow the best offer but in the coming weeks, I'll start shopping around other places. I know there have been a lot of good recommendations here - has anyone found a place that comes to you for the appraisal?
From my research Carvana usually offers the most and will come to your home.

Also, does anybody happen to know if my wife has to be there to trade in the car if her name is on the registration? It's a 2 hour trip she isn't interested in eyerolling the whole way with me. 🤣
In NY, when you finance, you get the title in the mail but with a lien holder. I believe they recommend not to sign it but to bring it. That’s what it says in the profile page regarding what to bring.

“Title of your trade-in vehicle, all keys, and owner’s manuals. If you are currently making monthly payments and your vehicle is registered in a state other than KY, NY, TN, MT, MD, MI, MO, MN, or OK, bring your vehicle registration instead. Please do not sign your trade-in title or other ownership documents prior to delivery.”

When I purchased from legacy dealers, they always allowed me to bring my title the next day if I forgot. Your wife might need to be there to sign. But you know how it is with legacy dealers.

• Informative
Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Want to share my experience with this as we dropped off our MY for delivery 1.5 months after. You can only create 1 ticket at a time and you can't open a new ticket while one is already open. Do note this and YMMV but once you log your reports and you get your estimate, anything else you add is not recorded.
We logged 3 items within the first 24hrs and we got a repair estimate 2 days later. I asked on the service chat if we can report more issues we find and the response was yes, just add them to the ticket. Well we added about 7 more things and when we showed up for service, only the first 3 things on the original estimate showed on their system. The lady said she could see the pictures we uploaded for the extra reports but the notes were not there.
She recommended next time to add new items in the chat so whoever is responding is aware and can update the ticket instead of us. She was able to read all the chats and said we never mentioned anything new in the chat which of course was because we were already logging them as new items on the same ticket.

Now it may vary from SC to SC but this was our experience. The lady said she couldn't address those extra issues we logged and would have to open new ticket but the tech she assigned asked us to show him the issues and he said he'll address them. Hopefully he does; the ticket doesn't show any updates.
Hi ajabay could you break this down for a layman like me. So when I go to take delivery, if I see an issue, I should take a picture using my iPhone and upload that into the app with a comment?
Right now my app just says “manage your order in your account” with a blue “go to account” button. So I am assuming on delivery this app will change and show more stuff and also option to open service request?
If I find more than one issue you indicate that I submit all request at one go within the 24 hour period. Correct?

Want to share my experience.... You can only create 1 ticket at a time and you can't open a new ticket while one is already open. Do note this and YMMV but once you log your reports and you get your estimate, anything else you add is not recorded.
Yup, this is how it works, give or take. We had two issues with our S and they came to fix both (mobile service) but didn't have the parts for one. While the other was in "limbo" while they revised the cost estimate to indicate it was a warranty repair, we were unable to make another appointment for the second item.

Yup, this is how it works, give or take. We had two issues with our S and they came to fix both (mobile service) but didn't have the parts for one. While the other was in "limbo" while they revised the cost estimate to indicate it was a warranty repair, we were unable to make another appointment for the second item.
So are you suggesting to only have one ticket and include all issues in that ticket? I will try to check thoroughly right at the DC (Devon) but I am not as tech savvy as most folks here so it is possible I find issue later on reaching home. I had always assumed you can easily submit all issues with Tim the 24 hours or 100 miles whichever comes first?

Is there a defacto youtube on what to inspect/look out for on delivery day? I have the github to use on my phone but I'd like to show my wife a video of the things I want her to help me with looking at before we accept it.
Lol man we both are dumb on these and unfortunately the daughter is far away. So we are hoping it’s a smooth process to report issues if any

Thanks but I was moreso looking for a video that we both could watch and actually see what to look for or what common issues look like. I know there's that tesbros video out there but wasn't sure if there's something better.

Holy smokes, VIN just came through for my MY MF305xxx. EDD still says 11/3- 11/17.
I got a text saying payment is ready and I thought it was for my wife's MY in service, then email came saying make final payment.
I was lowkey hoping to be delayed for 2022. Now the dilemma if I want to refuse and delay for 30 days or just take it and go. I might take it and go especially when the trade in for my volvo went up $2k again.
Urrghh, this is a good problem to have.

Holy smokes, VIN just came through for my MY MF305xxx. EDD still says 11/3- 11/17.
I got a text saying payment is ready and I thought it was for my wife's MY in service, then email came saying make final payment.
I was lowkey hoping to be delayed for 2022. Now the dilemma if I want to refuse and delay for 30 days or just take it and go. I might take it and go especially when the trade in for my volvo went up $2k again.
Urrghh, this is a good problem to have.
Take it and go!!! Congrats!