Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I share your feelings because I received the same text this morning. Mine also is scheduled for 11/9 and the only option was home delivery. Question for those who received their MY's at home: what's unique about the process and what should I expect? I presume that I can still pay by cashier's check but what else should I be aware of?
I have not received my car yet, but from what others have posted a DS will drive your new car straight to your house, and if you don’t catch them they’ll park it on your street near your house or in your driveway. They Uber/Lyft back to their office.

You will need to pay remaining balance ahead of time for vehicle access to show up in app. If you don’t that could cause delays. Also watch out they may park the car some ways away from your house depending on the parking situation near your house, could be a block away. All in all it should be super convenient and if there quality issues you can reject delivery just like at the SC, and any service tickets are done in app just like at the SC. If you really are uncomfortable with them driving your car out to your house you can request regular pick up, and they usually accommodate.

For those with Dec delivery wouldn’t you want to push it to Jan with hopes of qualifying for the credit? Don’t see a reason as to why we would want to take delivery in December!!
And just how do you propose that one “pushes out” their delivery?

Put it on hold? Seems like a good way to go to the back of the line. Orders made today have EDD’s as late as Sept ‘22, depending on configuration.

As far as I can see, you get your car when it’s time, and you really don’t have much wiggle room. You could refuse the car if it has severe defects, I guess, but what if it’s immaculate? How do you justify that? And does Tesla decide to have the same urgency to replace a car that was physically perfect and refused through no fault of theirs? I doubt it.

I don’t think it will be as simple as “just put it off”.

Team #MSM with another VIN - it just dropped. MF311xxx.
And just how do you propose that one “pushes out” their delivery?

Put it on hold? Seems like a good way to go to the back of the line. Orders made today have EDD’s as late as Sept ‘22, depending on configuration.

As far as I can see, you get your car when it’s time, and you really don’t have much wiggle room. You could refuse the car if it has severe defects, I guess, but what if it’s immaculate? How do you justify that? And does Tesla decide to have the same urgency to replace a car that was physically perfect and refused through no fault of theirs? I doubt it.

I don’t think it will be as simple as “just put it off”.
I've read varying accounts but refusing delivery doesn't necessarily throw you to the back of the line. I'm actually in a tough spot on this. I got my VIN today and the delivery date is smack dab in a work travel week. I am hoping to unconflict the travel but we'll see what happens if I can't.

I've read varying accounts but refusing delivery doesn't necessarily throw you to the back of the line. I'm actually in a tough spot on this. I got my VIN today and the delivery date is smack dab in a work travel week. I am hoping to unconflict the travel but we'll see what happens if I can't.
I told my SA about travel conflicts and she made a note in my account. Not sure if it impacted delivery but it'll arrive just before my trip. If you have an SA, communication is the easiest way to see if they can do anything about your conflict.

Im in a similar situation.. Selling my current car private party.. Have a VIN, delivery date range of 3 days.. I need my current car 2 days between now and then due to travel.. ugh.. I will move my travel before my delivery date.

I told my SA about travel conflicts and she made a note in my account. Not sure if it impacted delivery but it'll arrive just before my trip. If you have an SA, communication is the easiest way to see if they can do anything about your conflict.
I have an SA in the sense that I was once texted by a person...who outside that first day exchange has never responded to the dozen or so texts I sent to them. I'm jealous of people who talk about how they have a responsive SA.

Edit: Just looked - I got that text from them 7/28. That is the last time I heard a peep. Lol.

Reactions: boingolover
I really wonder if you guys going to take delivery on Nov and Dec? Or you guys going to wait for next year so you can get tax credit?
I don’t think you have much choice unless you want to wait until September or October next year.

If it bothers the buyer, trade it in and buy another Tesla in a year with the new tax credit. It’s not like you’re losing equity in the current market.

If it even passes into law. I’m squarely in the “I don’t think congress will get anything done, so I will believe it when I see it” camp. I’m not planning for it to even happen.

OD 7/26, MYLR, Blue/WH, 19”, EDD 11/01-11/21 No VIN yet. Pickup location: Cherry Hill,NJ,.

It is so annoying to know that my EDD again moved back to 12/13 to 12/31

EDD changes:

09/23-11/07

10/23-11/14

11/01-11/21

And now it is showing

12/13-12/31

This is so ridiculous..

Everyone has the same issue with their EDDs?
Mine moved a lot. I ordered 1.5 weeks after you, similar build (except black interior & tow). And East Coast as well (Maryland). And I got my vin on Thursday. So hopefully you're not far behind, and the EDD will move back into November.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Dates got pushed back today from 11/10-11/21 to 12/8-12/31. WTH is going on smh lol for some reason I’m not even that upset about it this time around. I think that might be bc at this point I think I want a 2022 VIN and the further out dates heighten my chances (I know it might not change anything about the car, but 🤷‍♂️). And also with all this tax credit stuff up in the air, it gives me more time to wait it out & see what happens.

Also, I’m not in dire need of a car. Still have my trusty dusty vehicle that I plan to trade in working just fine. Only thing that sucks is the further out my date is the more likely they’ll give me less for it.

I could see them forcing people who push their orders to pay the new costs of the car, thus negating some of the tax credit savings. I’m not even worrying about it, my trade is the highest it’s ever been my config is $3k more today than when I bought it. Trying to combine all of that with the tax credit seems a high bar, and puts me relying on congress. Not ever a place I’d like to be.

OD 7/26, MYLR, Blue/WH, 19”, EDD 11/01-11/21 No VIN yet. Pickup location: Cherry Hill,NJ,.

It is so annoying to know that my EDD again moved back to 12/13 to 12/31

EDD changes:

09/23-11/07

10/23-11/14

11/01-11/21

And now it is showing

12/13-12/31

This is so ridiculous..

Everyone has the same issue with their EDDs?
Right now mine is sitting at Nov 16 - Dec 14 for a couple of weeks now. Pick up is Springfield, NJ. Before it had shown January.

I could see them forcing people who push their orders to pay the new costs of the car, thus negating some of the tax credit savings. I’m not even worrying about it, my trade is the highest it’s ever been my config is $3k more today than when I bought it. Trying to combine all of that with the tax credit seems a high bar, and puts me relying on congress. Not ever a place I’d like to be.
Could be the carrot or the stick. The stick approach could be updating the order to today’s prices, or putting the order in the back of the queue. The carrot approach could be to bring back 2 years of free supercharging, which Tesla did in Q4 of 2018 to incentivize end of year deliveries for the lucky few in the weeks when it was on the table.

Or we could be talking about a non-issue because they have a backlog of a million+ customers, and if you don’t accept delivery, 50 people behind you will readily accept.

Could be the carrot or the stick. The stick approach could be updating the order to today’s prices, or putting the order in the back of the queue. The carrot approach could be to bring back 2 years of free supercharging, which Tesla did in Q4 of 2018 to incentivize end of year deliveries for the lucky few in the weeks when it was on the table.

Or we could be talking about a non-issue because they have a backlog of a million+ customers, and if you don’t accept delivery, 50 people behind you will readily accept.
The backlog is really that big?

Reactions: PatrickTM
I don’t think you have much choice unless you want to wait until September or October next year.

If it bothers the buyer, trade it in and buy another Tesla in a year with the new tax credit. It’s not like you’re losing equity in the current market.

If it even passes into law. I’m squarely in the “I don’t think congress will get anything done, so I will believe it when I see it” camp. I’m not planning for it to even happen.
I am in the same camp. I would not bet a penny on the government agreeing on something, let alone my vehicle. Where my EDD is now, it won’t matter (hopefully, I am not waiting that long….I will be at 192 days if I do.

Reactions: PatrickTM