Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't help you make a decision, but sounds like a decent chance a VIN is incoming. Good problem to have :) Are Tellurides still fetching a premium?
We've only had Tesla give us an offer so far (very laughable). Waiting on carvana & vroom right now but they seem to be having trouble coming up with a number because it's a 2022. Hubs got the Kia in July, I got mine in August, now he wants one too haha 😄

We have a new loaded telluride with the buckets seats. Love the car. Just wish it was an EV. Are you saying you plan on replacing it with a 7 seater Y? I have a model Y 5 seater on order for me but won’t replace the telluride until there is a comparably sized EV. Model X is about the same size but twice the price. Rivian R1S is intriguing but will be awhile. Until then we plan on using my Model Y for all driving that doesn’t need the extra space and seats.

If you need/want the size of the telluride I feel like the model Y will be too small. Obviously everyone’s needs will very.
He loves the Kia but we don't really need all the room (but it is nice to have). My husband HAD to have the bucket seats for our 2 children but they really could care less. I think they like the games/fun of the Tesla more lol. We started looking at the Ford F-150 Lightning due out in the spring but don't want to risk an order on something brand new

In the red bucket and similar story. Someone should advise Elon to only offer one color for exterior - white and one color for interior - black. That way we all get treated equally… 😂😂
It seems MSM and White are the colors du jour, du week, du month and du quarter.. My Model S was MSM, so I just had to get another color...
I don’t get this. I placed a MY order 8/20/2021 because my Cybertruck was not, apparently, entering production in 2021 and my 10 year old ICEr is on its last legs. Original delivery estimate was December. Then January. Then for a long while it specified November 11 to December 9, which sounded sufficiently particular that I thought it was actually a meaningful date. Yesterday and today, it says “June.” Who can plan like this?
We had the same last EDD (Nov 11 to Dev 9), mine didn’t go that far, but went to end of January to February. No idea what’s going on.

I don't see that many on road though, at least here in TX, compared to Model Ys.
Not surprising. It is a brand new car and Ford is just ramping up production. There are only about 20K in the entire US with about 2K/month being sold here. That’s a tiny fraction of Ys Tesla is selling right now. I expect production to start picking up in the coming months.

I don’t get this. I placed a MY order 8/20/2021 because my Cybertruck was not, apparently, entering production in 2021 and my 10 year old ICEr is on its last legs. Original delivery estimate was December. Then January. Then for a long while it specified November 11 to December 9, which sounded sufficiently particular that I thought it was actually a meaningful date. Yesterday and today, it says “June.” Who can plan like this?
Ordered 8/24. New delivery estimate is June. MYLR white/induction. Bay area
These sound like "June gloom". That is, every so often, usually corresponding with new months or quarters, EDDs bounce to crazy estimates. Speculation is that it's due to Tesla building out their production schedule. This happened where estimates showed September, October, January, March, and now seemingly June. You can probably expect that to bounce back to a more reasonable range over the next week.

Ordered our MYLR Midnight Silver/Black on 8/8. I've been through the whole ringer of EDDs from (originally) mid-November, to No Date, to March-April and now JUNE...yes, June. That's 10 full months after the order and 7 months after our Sales Rep told us to expect it.

At this rate Teslas will be replaced by fission powered, flying, silver torpedoes with optional flux capacitors before we get a VIN.

If it wasn't for the fact that the electrician came out TODAY to install our wall charger I'd throw in the towel. Now I'm in for way more than $100 towards Elon's $6B Feed the World Fund.

I try to remain optimistic, but I'm quickly losing respect.

These sound like "June gloom". That is, every so often, usually corresponding with new months or quarters, EDDs bounce to crazy estimates. Speculation is that it's due to Tesla building out their production schedule. This happened where estimates showed September, October, January, March, and now seemingly June. You can probably expect that to bounce back to a more reasonable range over the next week.
My reply crossed paths with yours....

I really hope you're right.

Ordered our MYLR Midnight Silver/Black on 8/8. I've been through the whole ringer of EDDs from (originally) mid-November, to No Date, to March-April and now JUNE...yes, June. That's 10 full months after the order and 7 months after our Sales Rep told us to expect it.

At this rate Teslas will be replaced by fission powered, flying, silver torpedoes with optional flux capacitors before we get a VIN.

If it wasn't for the fact that the electrician came out TODAY to install our wall charger I'd throw in the towel. Now I'm in for way more than $100 towards Elon's $6B Feed the World Fund.

I try to remain optimistic, but I'm quickly losing respect.
I read from another place that the random bumps to June everyone is reporting is random glitch where they match your car to the current EDD as if you were to order TODAY, but it will quickly switch back to the "correct" one

I read from another place that the random bumps to June everyone is reporting is random glitch where they match your car to the current EDD as if you were to order TODAY, but it will quickly switch back to the "correct" one
That would be nice.

Another thing that is incredibly frustrating is that our MYLR is basically vanilla except for the Midnight Silver and I'm seeing others who ordered after us receiving their cars while I get an EDD telling me to wait another 8 months.

I don't want to come across as overly negative. I can't tell you guys how much I fell in love with that car after only a half hour. I want to see Tesla succeed with the big car manufacturers. I brag to everyone I know about our order. However, they really need to work on their customer service. They hardly have competition in the EV market and it shows. They have an incredible product with a take it or leave it attitude.

That would be nice.

Another thing that is incredibly frustrating is that our MYLR is basically vanilla except for the Midnight Silver and I'm seeing others who ordered after us receiving their cars while I get an EDD telling me to wait another 8 months.

I don't want to come across as overly negative. I can't tell you guys how much I fell in love with that car after only a half hour. I want to see Tesla succeed with the big car manufacturers. I brag to everyone I know about our order. However, they really need to work on their customer service. They hardly have competition in the EV market and it shows. They have an incredible product with a take it or leave it attitude.
I hope this arrogance doesn’t become the recipe of Tesla’s downfall.
We need some serious competition and I hope it comes in the form of Lucid and Rivian
Like someone else stated here, losing respect for Tesla because of the lack of customer service.

That would be nice.

MSM, Red and 7 seaters seem to be the tougher ones. Those color options, combined with the 7 seats, mentioned earlier in this thread, can be a deadlier combination when it comes to EDD.
I happen to have ordered one of those deadly combos..... 😒

I hope this arrogance doesn’t become the recipe of Tesla’s downfall.
We need some serious competition and I hope it comes in the form of Lucid and Rivian
Like someone else stated here, losing respect for Tesla because of the lack of customer service.
I don’t need to be “wooed” by the car dealer/maker.

I give them money, they give me car. If car breaks, they fix car under warranty. That’s all the relationship I need. You are buying cars, not spouses. It is a business transaction, not anything more.

They are fancy tools. They aren’t going to bring you ultimate fulfillment in life. I don’t need Tesla to try to fill some relationship void in my life. I just want to buy a car. That’s it.

A 14-50 outlet on a 40amp circuit breaker? You need to install a 50amp breaker for code compliance. The 6/3 is the right gauge so this is an easy swap. I know you are aware it's only being used for a 32A Juicebox, but no one else does and could cause that breaker to trip if someone tries to pull 50amp on a 40amp breaker.
No strangers live at my house, I think. I also don’t think someone’s going to help themselves to the 14-50. How awkward would it be if I came home and someone is helping themselves to my charger.

I plan to remove it when I sell the house. The receptacle is locked. The JuiceBox to set to only charge at 24A and locked to ToU. No one else can change the A unless they have the app and the PIN I share with them.

They don’t make 40A receptacle. I believe I read somewhere that it’s allowed to have a 50A 14-50 with a 40A breaker. But not for continuous load of 3 hours or more. Not sure if NEC was updated accordingly. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

A 14-50 outlet on a 40amp circuit breaker? You need to install a 50amp breaker for code compliance. The 6/3 is the right gauge so this is an easy swap. I know you are aware it's only being used for a 32A Juicebox, but no one else does and could cause that breaker to trip if someone tries to pull 50amp on a 40amp breaker.

No strangers live at my house, I think. I also don’t think someone’s going to help themselves to the 14-50. How awkward would it be if I came home and someone is helping themselves to my charger.

I plan to remove it when I sell the house. The receptacle is locked. The JuiceBox to set to only charge at 24A and locked to ToU. No one else can change the A unless they have the app and the PIN I share with them.

They don’t make 40A receptacle. I believe I read somewhere that it’s allowed to have a 50A 14-50 with a 40A breaker. But not for continuous load of 3 hours or more. Not sure if NEC was updated accordingly. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
Unless the requirements vary from state to state, you’re not wrong. When my house was built (and before I converted this outlet into a wall connector), I had an electrician install a 14-50 outlet in my garage. He did so with a 40A breaker. My house was just built 6 months ago.

Last edited: