Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We didn't have the luxury of waiting. The electrician was booked out 3 months and our intial EDD was two weeks from now. According to that date it turned out to be pretty good timing.
Better to do it now, anyways. The alternative fuel tax credit has only been extended through Dec 31, 2021.

So if you want 30% back from your installation, better book it before the end of the year. No guarantees for next year.

The car is going to come eventually, so it makes no difference to have the charger installed early. Might as well not miss out on that tax credit.

I read from another place that the random bumps to June everyone is reporting is random glitch where they match your car to the current EDD as if you were to order TODAY, but it will quickly switch back to the "correct" one
You were right. It updated today to March 11- April 08. That still stinks, but it's way better than June. I'm still hoping it updates in the right direction in the next few weeks.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
I don’t need to be “wooed” by the car dealer/maker.

I give them money, they give me car. If car breaks, they fix car under warranty. That’s all the relationship I need. You are buying cars, not spouses. It is a business transaction, not anything more.

They are fancy tools. They aren’t going to bring you ultimate fulfillment in life. I don’t need Tesla to try to fill some relationship void in my life. I just want to buy a car. That’s it.
A business transaction is a deal in which I intend, or have the reasonable expectation, to make money. I have no such expectations with my Tesla purchase.

When I drop $50k on a product as a consumer I expect to be treated reasonably well. This isn't filling a void in my life, this is a recognition from the seller that I forked over a lot of my cash that I worked hard to earn on their product and they want my continued business. If they treat me like they don't care about me then I may very well go somewhere else the next time I make a similar purchase. I love Tesla, but I promise that there will be good competitors 5 years from now and they risk losing return customers due to bad experiences with current purchases.

I'm not saying this to bash Tesla. I really hope they recognize that there is a deficiency in their customer relationship doctrine. I want them to change that and build relationships with customers. I don't want them burning bridges. Otherwise, they risk being a flash in the pan when there are alternatives down the road.

A business transaction is a deal in which I intend, or have the reasonable expectation, to make money. I have no such expectations with my Tesla purchase.

When I drop $50k on a product as a consumer I expect to be treated reasonably well. This isn't filling a void in my life, this is a recognition from the seller that I forked over a lot of my cash that I worked hard to earn on their product and they want my continued business. If they treat me like they don't care about me then I may very well go somewhere else the next time I make a similar purchase. I love Tesla, but I promise that there will be good competitors 5 years from now and they risk losing return customers due to bad experiences with current purchases.

I'm not saying this to bash Tesla. I really hope they recognize that there is a deficiency in their customer relationship doctrine. I want them to change that and build relationships with customers. I don't want them burning bridges. Otherwise, they risk being a flash in the pan when there are alternatives down the road.
Not every business transaction makes money, or no business would ever go bankrupt. Exchanging money for something with a contract is a business transaction. You are literally transacting with a business.

Can you imagine if Honda, or GM, Ford, or VW direct sold to customers what that experience would be like?

How much more insignificant your ~$50k would be to their bottom line?

How much less they would care about you, singular buyer, in a pool of ten million buyers per year?

You should take a step back and realize that the other car makers don’t care about you at all. That’s why they have dealerships between you and them, so they don’t have to care about you.

In fact, they pay people to tell them the maximum amount of caring they need to do (when their vehicles start killing too many of you means they have to recall something, because the financial cost of future lawsuits is greater than the cost of a recall).

That’s their competition. And as far as that is concerned - they are ahead of the competition by a long mile.

EC8F7181-98DA-4B7E-B2C8-B9D48FA9F570.jpeg
Guess who just got vin’d!!! 🎉🍾🥂🎉

1635906414995.gif

Page 1367 for me. Who's been around the longest and is still active? When I went through the entire thread I think I remember spotting @PatrickTM show up around May. That's a lot of likes!
Page 842 My First Post

We took delivery on 10/12, already burned almost 2k miles, I still come back to this thread everyday!
Spent so much time here, for many days I did not miss even a single post. Someone is alway waiting, it feels like some part of me is still waiting.

That's nuts! It was page 1456 when I made my first post in here...

I feel like I was so much younger then.

Page 1367 for me. Who's been around the longest and is still active? When I went through the entire thread I think I remember spotting @PatrickTM show up around May. That's a lot of likes!

Page 914 for me but I have taken delivery and trying to ween myself off this thread ;)

My first post was on 731. Took delivery on page 1692. Spent WAY too much time on here in between and refreshed my profile every time someone posted a VIN - even if that was only 5 minutes since the last time I refreshed.

I'm sure there are others that still lurk but it was fun to look up!

Page 842 My First Post

We took delivery on 10/12, already burned almost 2k miles, I still come back to this thread everyday!
Spent so much time here, for many days I did not miss even a single post. Someone is alway waiting, it feels like some part of me is still waiting.

My first post ever here, page 1100 (I was such a rookie 😅):
Also a victim of the October EDD crisis. Order date 7/14, in the central VA area.
MYLR7 | Black Ext. | Black Int. | 20” Ind. | No Tow | No FSD

Crazy to look thru all the names on that page & see all the folks that are no longer with us, enjoying their new lives with their Model Y’s on the other side… our times are coming soon.

Called my SA today to see if MYLR was close to getting to the deal since I have a next Monday pickup scheduled. He said it arrived today and they would be checking it over…so of course I had to ask if it might be ready this Thursday or Friday for pickup instead….waiting for a call back from the Delivery team to see if that’s doable….🤞🙏🍷
Come on Black on Black!

View attachment 688434
4 days to the earliest EDD I had and it hurts my heart! No end in sight...
First post on page 976! Took delivery, put 200 miles on it, curbed a tire… few more miles and picked up a nail in a tire. Still the most amazing car I’ve owned and I’m still coming back to this stupid thread for my EDD PTSD every now and then 😂

My first post ever here, page 1100 (I was such a rookie 😅):

Crazy to look thru all the names on that page & see all the folks that are no longer with us, enjoying their new lives with their Model Y’s on the other side… our times are coming soon.
760… sat and read through 1,241 pages of posts. Started off with PatrickTM, GoGators, Digitalboi etc. it’s crazy the wait times. I’m sure it will be my time soon and then i suppose I will feel like I won’t have to drive myself nuts reading all the time. Until then I’ll just keep lurking.

Last edited: