Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does everyone do for insurance in states where it has to show the VIN? Should I add my new car to my insurance so that for a few days I have coverage on all 3? Then remove my trade-in once I no longer have it?
Even though I sold my Rav in September, state farm left it on the policy for discounts. I replaced it the day I picked up the Y.

Got the vin 7SAYGAEE3NF312xxx
Finally
Od: 07/22 MYLR7 EXTERIOR: WHITE, INTERIOR: BLACK

Been without car since school, gave my lexus to my senior in high school... Been Handicapped..

Question is how long after VIN I have to wait to get the actual car.

Applying for financing today at Schaumburg Tesla center.
What was your EDD prior to VIN? Ordered day after yours and my current EDD is 11/20-12/4. I am just wondering what to expect with this EDD.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
It’s a visualization of what the FSD Computer sees, theoretically. So it’ll display things like trash cans, lane arrow markings, traffic lights, stop signs, and other common things one might see while driving down the road. It’s designed to give the driver some more confidence in the FSD system by showing you what it sees.
It can also see ghosts sometimes ;) we see no one in front but it shows a person walking away for a second or two, it has happened couple of times, specially at drive throughs.

It’s a visualization of what the FSD Computer sees, theoretically. So it’ll display things like trash cans, lane arrow markings, traffic lights, stop signs, and other common things one might see while driving down the road. It’s designed to give the driver some more confidence in the FSD system by showing you what it sees.
That's cool. The car I test drove must have had this enabled. I thought it was only for FSD and was going to be bummed that my car didn't have it. I don't need or want FSD even if it were 100% reliable but I did like the displayed visualizations.

My timeline in case this may help anybody going through this glorious process at the moment. I found the 'wait' to be the easy part (this thread helps a lot), and then the crazy rush in a small timeframe to be the stressful part.

-OD 8/20.
-Zero contact with Tesla.
-Vin Arrival 10/26, accompanied by an email saying "final payment is due".
-At this point my EDD was November 8-18.
-Sometime during the next week it moved to November 7-13. Which was a bit terrifying because I was still selected as "cash" in the system, needed to switch to 3rd party financing and begin work on my Trade.
-Somewhere towards the end of this week my EDD moved again to November 3-9.
-Used the chat feature to change my financing and tie the trade estimate I had to my account on the 26th.
-The system took until Oct 31 to update my trade-in information, which included an email from the "PayoffQuotes" team to get the information for the current loan on my trade.
-I spent a few days of the following week lining up my financing, which was not exactly easy as I was on work travel, and Tesla doesn't provide things like a window sticker that my lender was looking for. The MVPA was also not updated until -11/3 to show 3rd party financing and a spot for both Tesla and myself to sign the agreement.
-Got emails and phone calls from Mt. Kisco on Thursday 11/4, which culminated in them asking if I wanted to take delivery on the 5th. I have another post going through the confusion for that day.

The part I thought most interesting is that I had no contact from anybody directly at Mt. Kisco, not until I was 4 days before my original delivery date of the 8th that they tried to move up. If my car did not come in early I bet I would not have been contacted until 2-3 days before delivery. When I called their number on the 5th ensuring I was scheduled for pickup that day, the person said, "I'll send your delivery team a message and call you back when they answer". I said, "No, I'd like you to walk over there and ask so that I know I can leave my house". He then informed me that he is not physically located at Mt. Kisco and it was a call center. When I arrived I saw why, the showroom is tiny, and it was full of a bunch of people looking for test drives, supercharging, and asking questions/ordering.

TL;DR - I wouldn't expect contact from your specific delivery center until they have your actual car in their posession, that gives them the fire they need to ensure they book the sale quickly.

That was one of the latest mobile app software updates. Live Sentry View cam while the car is parked and Sentry Mode is activated (for those people with Premium Connectivity).
But if he has not taken ownership of car, how would it let him? I thought Tesla didnt activate your car on the APP until after payment. (unless he payed before pickup)

Anyone from the Atlanta area here?
I am looking for a good tint shop to have the windows, rear hatch and windshield tinted. Using the 3M Crystaline series film I have a quote for $530 for 4 windows and back. For an additional $285 I can get the windshield also tinted with the transparent film. Total $815 + 6% sales tax = $863.90 with tax and out the door.

Any thoughts if this price is high or if there are other alternative shops?

Thank you.

Exact same EDD 11/29 - 12/04
What was your EDD prior to VIN? Ordered day after yours and my current EDD is 11/20-12/4. I am just wondering what to expect with this EDD.
OD: 7/26,. so it's 3-4 days after you guys, but my EDD is still 11/13-12/11 ( 28 days windows). I just wonder if my tesla got lost in the system. ++

Wow 5 days that is awesome.
Did you finance through tesla ?
Did you call SC after VIN or they contacted you
Oh I was on the phone with Tesla almost every day, except for Sunday and pick up day. Even though I was dialing the SC number, it kept going to the call center. I even spoke to the same rep two days in a row. He remembered me lol.
I had troubles getting financing with DCU, but went with Tesla financing instead. It went through with Wells Fargo, who I was approved with on my OD date. It's just that my financing changed drastically since OD, so I was nervous, but it went through 🙏