Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also noticed that settings say the car has Full Self Drive Computer or something similar (not near the car), & I dont have FSD purchased. I also have the Full Self Drive Preview option.

Any non-FSD new owners have similar settings? If so, any idea how long it will last?
All Model Ys come with the Full Self Drive Computer (the hardware).

The "preview" you see is not a trial of FSD. Preview in this context is the visualization preview that shows you the cars, traffic lights and speed limit signs on your screen when subscribed to FSD.

What does everyone do for insurance in states where it has to show the VIN? Should I add my new car to my insurance so that for a few days I have coverage on all 3? Then remove my trade-in once I no longer have it?
Can't you request that the insurance end on trade-in/start on new car on your delivery date? You'd still get the insurance card with the new VIN but with a future effective date.

What does everyone do for insurance in states where it has to show the VIN? Should I add my new car to my insurance so that for a few days I have coverage on all 3? Then remove my trade-in once I no longer have it?
I did a future date, I considered paying for both vehicles for a few days and chose not to, and then regretted it because they called me to pick it up early and I had to call my agent again to change the date... YMMV.

That’s what I plan to do.
2-3 days before pickup will add the new car to the insurance and then once the old car is sold will remove it from insurance.

Hi, new guy here. Put the deposit down and got in line for my car last night. Estimated delivery way out to June, 2022. The test drive last night in Salt Lake City, plus looking at the additional charging going in, convinced me. I had worried about charging driving road trips from Sun Valley, Idaho, where I live. But looks like it is fine now, with a little planning, and should only improve.

This is what I am in the middle of. I got instructions to have a policy with an effective date at least 5 days prior to scheduled delivery date. I have both the trade and the to be received car on my policy. I plan to drop the old car the next day. In the middle I'm going to get charged and refunded for the prorated 6 month value of the change. Lol.

I do wish they did this like any other dealer and add/delete the cars on delivery day.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker

The "preview" you see is not a trial of FSD. Preview in this context is the visualization preview that shows you the cars, traffic lights and speed limit signs on your screen when subscribed to FSD.
Thanks, does this mean we will have the preview for ever? I dont plan to get FSD anytime soon.

Hi, new guy here. Put the deposit down and got in line for my car last night. Estimated delivery way out to June, 2022. The test drive last night in Salt Lake City, plus looking at the additional charging going in, convinced me. I had worried about charging driving road trips from Sun Valley, Idaho, where I live. But looks like it is fine now, with a little planning, and should only improve.
Welcome to the fam

Can you elaborate? What will those of us who don’t have FSD see on the screen?

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
West Coast FOMO!

I am an Idaho unicorn. But I am from the Wet Coast (Tacoma/Gig Harbor) and still go back there a lot.

Anyway, my order was for a Model Y, Long Range, blue, black interior, 5 seats, hitch, standard wheels. So, June, 2022 for me at this point. Will figure out insurance at that time. I have USAA, and have never had a problem adding a car before, and can do it from my phone if I need to.

Attachments

• 45CACA0B-1227-4489-A312-487D6A1E289A.jpeg
    45CACA0B-1227-4489-A312-487D6A1E289A.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 57
  • AB05CC52-6F50-4837-87B5-CF2CA2734921.jpeg
    AB05CC52-6F50-4837-87B5-CF2CA2734921.jpeg
    379 KB · Views: 38
Can you elaborate? What will those of us who don’t have FSD see on the screen?
It’s a visualization of what the FSD Computer sees, theoretically. So it’ll display things like trash cans, lane arrow markings, traffic lights, stop signs, and other common things one might see while driving down the road. It’s designed to give the driver some more confidence in the FSD system by showing you what it sees.

Received notification a while back that my car is ready from service and can be picked up tomorrow. So I decided to turn on Sentry and view the remote camera feed in the app to see her resting comfortably next to a white Model 3 inside the shop.
Wait what!!! I need to try this. Didn't see it with the M3.

I also noticed that settings say the car has Full Self Drive Computer or something similar (not near the car), & I dont have FSD purchased. I also have the Full Self Drive Preview option.

Any non-FSD new owners have similar settings? If so, any idea how long it will last?
I noticed that, but disregarded it, since I didn't purchase fsd.

Reactions: ev_ts_newbie
Got the vin 7SAYGAEE3NF312xxx
Finally
Od: 07/22 MYLR7 EXTERIOR: WHITE, INTERIOR: BLACK

Been without car since school, gave my lexus to my senior in high school... Been Handicapped..

Question is how long after VIN I have to wait to get the actual car.

Applying for financing today at Schaumburg Tesla center.
I may be in Schaumburg on Wednesday 😊

I picked up in 5 days from vin, including weekend.