Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s what I plan to do.
2-3 days before pickup will add the new car to the insurance and then once the old car is sold will remove it from insurance.
I added the Y to my insurance just now. My estimate is 11/13-17 so it seems pretty imminent. I didn't realize it would actually work same day because of the 2022 VIN but my agent sent me an insurance card an hour later.
This is what I am in the middle of. I got instructions to have a policy with an effective date at least 5 days prior to scheduled delivery date. I have both the trade and the to be received car on my policy. I plan to drop the old car the next day. In the middle I'm going to get charged and refunded for the prorated 6 month value of the change. Lol.

I do wish they did this like any other dealer and add/delete the cars on delivery day.
My policy is effective 2/9/21 and my new insurance card with the Y added says as much. But that's because it's a multi car policy.
Even though I sold my Rav in September, state farm left it on the policy for discounts. I replaced it the day I picked up the Y.
Thanks. I'll definitely remove the 3 once it leaves my hands. Which is looking like Tesla trade-in at this point because I don't have much time to shop it around. CarShop, who was my main idea, told me checks take 5 days. Hard pass. Vroom hasn't even emailed me my estimate, which they said would take one day (I submitted last night.)

Oh the caps came off right after I accepted delivery lol. I had a technical glitch and the Tesla app wouldn't show me my car, after accepting. Even the rep was confused. I luckily had my other phone on me, and logged in there, and viola, my car was there.
During the app fiasco, the service guy just walked up to the car, removed them, and left them behind the car in the grass, instead of me taking the car to the service area in the back.
I think thats what I'll do!

• Love
Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Congratulations!!!

No idea why VINs are hidden. They’re listed on every single new car and used car listing

Legally it’s public info and required to be openly displayed on every car, and easily searchable in public databases with license plate numbers, which are also legally required to be publicly displayed!
Thanks! And my thoughts exactly with the whole hidden VIN thing… thanks for confirming there wasn’t something I was missing lol

I added the Y to my insurance just now. My estimate is 11/13-17 so it seems pretty imminent. I didn't realize it would actually work same day because of the 2022 VIN but my agent sent me an insurance card an hour later.

My policy is effective 2/9/21 and my new insurance card with the Y added says as much. But that's because it's a multi car policy.

Thanks. I'll definitely remove the 3 once it leaves my hands. Which is looking like Tesla trade-in at this point because I don't have much time to shop it around. CarShop, who was my main idea, told me checks take 5 days. Hard pass. Vroom hasn't even emailed me my estimate, which they said would take one day (I submitted last night.)
You may want to consider Edmunds.com. I did this, after checking Carvana, CarMax and Vroom. Edmunds came back with $1100 more than CarMax, and then sent me an email saying take it to CarMax. CarMax honored it. It took me about 2.5 hours for them to inspect it and drive it. But by the end of that 2.5 hours, I had a check in hand, and CarMax had just offered me $1100 less, I believe 2 days earlier.

Just an FYI for those taking the third party financing route: I stopped by my local SC today & chatted with my SA about my upcoming delivery. He scheduled delivery for me for 10a on Black Friday (kinda fitting for my config now that I think about it 😄). He said it’s good that I set it this soon bc whoever I decide to get my loan thru will need an MVPA, and scheduling my delivery appt will help get those needed docs generated quicker.

Just an FYI for those taking the third party financing route: I stopped by my local SC today & chatted with my SA about my upcoming delivery. He scheduled delivery for me for 10a on Black Friday (kinda fitting for my config now that I think about it 😄). He said it’s good that I set it this soon bc whoever I decide to get my loan thru will need an MVPA, and scheduling my delivery appt will help get those needed docs generated quicker.
Deja vu… I’m scheduled as well for 10am on 11/26 (Black Friday) ☺️For the MY

Oh no. I hope you get a good return for yours. 🤗

Reactions: PhillyGal
I love black Friday shopping 😁

• Love
Reactions: Dreene