Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100% need floor mats. Protector is optional
I have always used weather techs as I live out in the mountains and there is lots of real dirt. But have not decided as between theirs and the Tesla branded set, or another type. Thoughts? I suppose there is another more specific thread.

Also, it occurred to me I might want mud flaps as I will drive in Idaho winters. Who has experience or recommendations about those? Screen protector, hmm. Not sure. What is the big advantage? Not like I am going to drop it like my phone.

I can just have some wipes and a glass cloth in one of the consoles.

And last, I lots of times like to cut the sun from moon roofs. This roof seems pretty tinted, and I don’t like the idea of having to hang a big thing up there. Thinking I just need to get used to that and not worry about it? I can always just wear my ball cap when driving. I normally do.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
I have always used weather techs as I live out in the mountains and there is lots of real dirt. But have not decided as between theirs and the Tesla branded set, or another type. Thoughts? I suppose there is another more specific thread.

Also, it occurred to me I might want mud flaps as I will drive in Idaho winters. Who has experience or recommendations about those? Screen protector, hmm. Not sure. What is the big advantage? Not like I am going to drop it like my phone.

I can just have some wipes and a glass cloth in one of the consoles.

And last, I lots of times like to cut the sun from moon roofs. This roof seems pretty tinted, and I don’t like the idea of having to hang a big thing up there. Thinking I just need to get used to that and not worry about it? I can always just wear my ball cap when driving. I normally do.
"scratches" is something people claim with screen protector, but I think the main benefit is that perhaps you like the matte look (less glare)

For roof - you can tint it, I'd go with just drive it without the roof shade and see how you like it.

Mats -> weather tech is a good option and many people like that, Tesla branded are weathertech rebranded. 3dMaxpider is another really popular one (I got this). Def recommend mudflaps - I got them from Abstract Ocean, you can also get from Teslarati or other stores

What kind of wheels are those?
And is that epoxy on your garage floor?
I have a room full of accessories waiting for my car. In terms of floor mats as I have said previously, I got Tuxmats. Even though they have clips the coverage is complete, and seeing how my kids have somehow gotten the sides of my wife’s Model 3 dirty I am doing full coverage.

Also, it occurred to me I might want mud flaps as I will drive in Idaho winters. Who has experience or recommendations about those?
These are also handy:

These are also handy:
Good thought. Muddy hiking shoes, mountain biking shoes, tennis balls for the dog, etc.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Be careful. There is another thread about a guy getting his price adjusted to to the latest price after adding FSD, so it ended up costing him $14K instead of $10K. People on this site weren’t very sympathetic either, blaming him for not reading the fine print. I honestly wouldn’t have expected the price adjustment since it is just a bit flip in the software.

Thanks for the heads up. I would have checked with SA as I need to change payment to third party financing. Was also tempted to push button when someone mentioned this few posts back

I feel the urge to already order some accessories.
What are the collective thoughts on floor mats and screen protector?
Here are links to all the accessories I bought- I especially recommend the floor mats- they’re sturdy and for a great price!! (apologies for the long post)

Be careful. There is another thread about a guy getting his price adjusted to to the latest price after adding FSD, so it ended up costing him $14K instead of $10K. People on this site weren’t very sympathetic either, blaming him for not reading the fine print. I honestly wouldn’t have expected the price adjustment since it is just a bit flip in the software.

Wow! That's really messed up. While others on this site aren't sympathetic, people in this thread (mostly) would be very sympathetic. That's a really bad business move by Tesla.

If a customer wants to give you $10k donation, aka pure profit, that is not the time to bilk another $4k just to see if you can. That's either pure apathy for the customer, or hubris in thinking that nothing you do could ever erode demand or customer loyalty.

One more question team MY -
Do I HAVE TO get the registration for the car done through Tesla? The TAVT is understood and fair but the registration fee in Georgia is about $18 and $20 for tag… but Tesla is charging $3xx and profiting from that too.

Anyone experienced with dealing with this?
Alternatives?
Since it's a new car, for most states the answer is yes, the dealer must register the car. Usually traditional dealers have a law firm on contract that processes them in bulk. I believe Tesla has their own employees do this task.

I took the car for a early morning (still dark) drive to test the auto pilot and auto steer and it worked really well, except once when it was a steep uphill - it chimmed and asked me to take control (i think the auto pilot turned off, dont remember exactly), but otherwise drove flawlessly. The car was able to negotiate the curves nicely and stayed in the lane which was relatively narrow.

Lot more things to learn and test. Good times.
We drove over 500 miles on the highway yesterday on a roadtrip. TACC worked great the entire time. Auto steer was fine on open highway. I disengaged auto steer through the many PA construction zones, winding hills, and narrow highway lanes or areas where the markings were all jacked up. The car was performing okay in these scenarios but I felt more on edge waiting for the random disengagement because the car lost confidence than just letting me drive. That may change as I get used to its limitations though.

At night, however, we didn't use auto steer at all. It now requires the auto high beams and on the highway it was a mess. Flashing on and off, completely disregard for the cars up the road but definitely still within views of high beams, etc. I didn't want to be an PITA driver so we just didn't use auto steer. Auto high beams are going to need major adjustments on the highway especially, or being completely decoupled from auto steer at night, for me to use auto steer at night, unfortunately.

I'll write up a detailed post about the road trip experience next week, probably.

I had a dancing car behind me this morning. I was too slow to record it 😆
I didn't even think that was something to report. On the highway, this seems extremely common especially when passing semi trucks. They bounce all over the place. My understanding is the visualizations are an attempt to translate the car's vision to human readable information but that's an imperfect process. The result is this bouncing around and it really isn't confidence inspiring, IMO.
Just saw this thread about new MY missing USB ports (LOL): .

To all who took delivery... could you double check if you're missing any random parts?!
I have the rear USB C and the glovebox USB A. I didn't go searching for the others but I'll have to do that now! To my knowledge, nothing is missing from the car.
Hah I had something for you. My brother was like what's that and I go, I got no clue.
If I am right, are there two USB C ports in the front sliding console?
I saw something in the center console while installing an accessory, have yet to inspect.
I think what you found in the center console is a 12V cigarette plug.

Also, you all went HAM yesterday posting. Seemed like one of the busier days in recent times between VINs, delivery scheduling, and recent deliveries. Congrats to all who are one step closer!

If you're lurking and on the fence about ordering and can handle the financial obligation, do it. Full send, make it yours, and enjoy the ride. Plus the price seems it's only going up (up $10k since it's lowest point in February).