Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't over state how much better things were back then in terms of human interaction. I get that the app works but sometimes I just want to speak to a human! And this bouncing EDD thing is just pointless and disappointing. Why even bother showing it let alone letting it skip around? Granted in 2014 we didn't know exactly when our car was coming either, but there was no estimate popping up making us think a car was coming 3 days. Grr.

And service? Forget it. They used to bend over backwards for us. Now we're faceless nobodies. The fact that no one can help me get my 7 year history is pissing me off big time.
When I bought my first Tesla it was a CPO. They worked so hard to make it perfect. Now.....good luck with your CPO. And it costs as much as new.

Also, you all went HAM yesterday posting. Seemed like one of the busier days in recent times between VINs, delivery scheduling, and recent deliveries. Congrats to all who are one step closer!

If you're lurking and on the fence about ordering and can handle the financial obligation, do it. Full send, make it yours, and enjoy the ride. Plus the price seems it's only going up (up $10k since it's lowest point in February).
LOL WE JUST WANT OUR CARS

Fellow Georgia resident. Unfortunately, our state adds an additional $214 yearly licensing fee for all-electric vehicles. The fee is $320 if the vehicle is used commercially.

The fee goes towards road maintenance. It keeps the state from losing tax revenue since the road maintenance taxes are otherwise collected at the gas pump you will no longer use.

I was surprised at this but I agree that we should pay our fair share to maintain the public roads we use.

The only thing I don't agree with is that when you pay at the pump, you pay based on usage. The more you drive, the more you gas up, the more you pay in gas taxes. For the EV version, however, they just pulled a number (perhaps too high) out of the air and decided that would be about "right". It seems high to me.

Wow and thanks for sharing the detail.
It is amazing how these morons in the office come up with these policies. Only goes on to show it matters who we put in office… sometimes these intellectually dead people are a liability!!!

I’m sure the rationale would be that we don’t need EVs, that the environment change is a lie and that fossil fuel is the way to go. Just unbelievable. I’m ok with the road tax thing as well but to make it this high is just ridiculous!!

I’m grumpy… sorry!!

And then there’s DCU telling that I can’t login online without my pin that will come in the mail!! Even though the secure message says that I can create my online account… huh!!

It is amazing how these morons in the office come up with these policies. Only goes on to show it matters who we put in office… sometimes these intellectually dead people are a liability!!!

I’m sure the rationale would be that we don’t need EVs, that the environment change is a lie and that fossil fuel is the way to go. Just unbelievable. I’m ok with the road tax thing as well but to make it this high is just ridiculous!!

I’m grumpy… sorry!!

And then there’s DCU telling that I can’t login online without my pin that will come in the mail!! Even though the secure message says that I can create my online account… huh!!
That's odd. I created a pin online and never used the one they mailed me

I’m grumpy… sorry!!

The average car uses ~400 gallons (12k miles, 30 mpg) of fuel a year. And if .75 of each gallon is taxes, that is $300. Seems reasonable. I am more of a 15k a year guy and used to have a truck that got 18 mpg. To me this would be a net positive :)

I have always used weather techs as I live out in the mountains and there is lots of real dirt. But have not decided as between theirs and the Tesla branded set, or another type. Thoughts? I suppose there is another more specific thread.

Also, it occurred to me I might want mud flaps as I will drive in Idaho winters. Who has experience or recommendations about those? Screen protector, hmm. Not sure. What is the big advantage? Not like I am going to drop it like my phone.

I can just have some wipes and a glass cloth in one of the consoles.

And last, I lots of times like to cut the sun from moon roofs. This roof seems pretty tinted, and I don’t like the idea of having to hang a big thing up there. Thinking I just need to get used to that and not worry about it? I can always just wear my ball cap when driving. I normally do.
Some places Model Y's come with mud flaps, sometimes not. It might be worth waiting to see. I have purchased mud flaps for my soon to come vehicle for the same reason you are thinking, but in retrospect, I might have waited to see if they were already installed.

As for the moon roof covers, I agree. Might wait and see. We're in Idaho. :)

MYLR | Blue | Black | 5 seats | 19 inch | Tow | No FSD | Order Completion 8/23/21
Latest EDD 1/3/22 - 1/31/2

I placed my order July 25th 2021. When I ordered it said my expected delivery date was Nov/ Dec 2021. That window then moved to February 22, a few weeks ago and today I checked and it is now stating June. Is this normal?

Tesla support is literally the worst I’ve ever dealt with. Getting my model 3, 3 years ago was a gigantic pain. But I called today and was told my profile is filled out correctly and there is nothing I need to do and they can’t provide any info.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Some places Model Y's come with mud flaps, sometimes not. It might be worth waiting to see. I have purchased mud flaps for my soon to come vehicle for the same reason you are thinking, but in retrospect, I might have waited to see if they were already installed.

As for the moon roof covers, I agree. Might wait and see. We're in Idaho. :)

MYLR | Blue | Black | 5 seats | 19 inch | Tow | No FSD | Order Completion 8/23/21
Latest EDD 1/3/22 - 1/31/2
I have also heard that in some areas MY Comes with partial PPF and Mud Flaps, anyone around Chicago get either of these on their new car?

Things have changed so much in these 7 years that I get they rely on an app now but to hear them say "your history is in your app" knowing full well it only captures recent years and not my full history is annoying. Yes, I could have/would have/should have saved things each time they happened myself, I just thought I'd find them in my online account where they always were.

Now that I've crossed 100k miles people have asked me to make a video update of that experience and having a service history is part of that.
99% of the time, I think all customers should be treated the same. But for early Model S owners, they really should be giving some preferential treatment. You all bought electrics cars that were considered risky at the time, with like 3 super chargers in the world, from a company that may or may not survive, bolting things together by hand. These were customers who were instrumental in funding the experiment that was Tesla, and allowed for them to develop Model 3, which changed the automotive world.

While I agree with Elon that the best service is no service, there will inevitably be a need for service. Customer service and vehicle service. Traditional dealers (in general) make much larger profit margins on parts and service, while making very little marginal profit on car sales. I think there’s a lot to be gained by Tesla looking at how traditional dealers provide service profitably. I think NIO has the right idea with the NIO House concept, where everyone is invited to just come and hang out, and if you wanted to talk about you car with an employee, you can. None of this “get out of my store, and play on your app” attitude.

Going to do more research based on your starting points. Thanks! My goal will be reducing any unsettledness coming from rolls in the road/bumps/frost heaves, etc. while keeping not harsh. I was pretty pleased on my half hour test drive in and around Salt Lake City, where the highways and freeways have some rough spots, as in all the Intermountain west. But as long as this ends up being a car I keep a long time, I may as well get it set up for my needs as best as possible. Not looking to build an SCCA car or autocross experience by any stretch. Just good, swift but not crazy, mountain and interstate driving, with allowance for a little (not too much, but a little) dirt road in summer to the trailheads, and snow driving in winter.

@samori01 , do you mean you used to have an amp? Do tell please. Do you play?
Used to have several amps, used to play. The “used to part” didn’t bother me as much, until
I got to Nashville.

Well I'm in a bit of a grumpy mood.

My husband had to drop off our S for service this morning. He wanted to speak to a live person about 3 things: 1 - how long it would take (to wait or take Uber); 2 - a request of our whole service history for 7 years; 3 - can we pick up the Y at the same time as the S if he's leaving it overnight anyway.

He couldn't get a live person. They just spoke to him via app. Told him to check the app for service history (assh0le, it only goes back 2 years not 7...) They also said the delivery team didn't arrive until 9 so they'd call me.

Well I just got that call and the person spoke to me a little bit like I was stupid because apparently my Y hasn't even left the factory yet.

So I refreshed my account while I was on the phone and my delivery window moved back a week. Now 11/21-11/27. Why do they even bother with delivery windows? Now I don't feel comfortable with my insurance listing a car that is no longer imminently being delivered.
So frustrating. The SC called me last week to say I would get a VIN by the end of the month. On Wednesday my EDD changed from 11/21-12/5 to 2/8-3/8. I sent an email and they replied “still think I’ll get a VIN by the end of the month but no guarantees.” 🤷🏻‍♂️

So frustrating. The SC called me last week to say I would get a VIN by the end of the month. On Wednesday my EDD changed from 11/21-12/5 to 2/8-3/8. I sent an email and they replied “still think I’ll get a VIN by the end of the month but no guarantees.” 🤷🏻‍♂️
You had someone from Tesla actually call you? I’ve had to call and email several people for simple boilerplate responses that are never helpful. I order my MY 3 days after you, initial EDD 11-12/2021. My EDD was Feb/ June for the past 2 months, and today it says June.

Okay y’all I think the wait to get the car after you get your VIN is worse than waiting for the VIN. 😭

I just want to schedddullllleeeee pickupppp
Don't worry, the ride isn't over once you schedule pickup. It took about 3 days for them to call and schedule my delivery date after my VIN was assigned, and I found out yesterday my car is delayed, so even your delivery appointment isn't set in stone. Enjoy the ride 😅

Where'd you buy the cup holders and "hidden" compartment from? And sliding tray? Link plz
All from Amazon :)

- Sliding tray for the front console - Amazon.com
- "Hidden" compartment for center console armrest - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08972WFZY?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
- Cup holders - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SK73LZ1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
- Screen Protector. (Make sure to turn the air in the car off!!!) - Amazon.com

@cknutrine
@shmonoff Screen protector can be seen on screen :)

I haven't received my mats yet. Not sure when I will. Ordered for both cars from Tesla shields.

20211111_193724.jpg
20211111_193736.jpg
20211111_193801.jpg
20211111_194418.jpg
20211111_191824.jpg
20211111_191836.jpg

Attachments

• 20211111_193809.jpg
    20211111_193809.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20211111_193820.jpg
    20211111_193820.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 26
dam that center console hidden thing is fascinating. Thanks! Prob will hold off since I don't see a use case yet. For the cup holder insert - is it a snug tight fit? I've read that some 3rd party aren't as good a fit