Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my MYLR today. It was late in the afternoon and it was cold and rainy so haven't had a good look at it yet. But it's seems solid with no issues so far. I did check the exterior and while some of the gaps were not perfect they were acceptable. Did not check for USB ports yet but the wireless charging was working as my phone went from 50% to 94% sitting in the dock.

The headlights I think are the standard ones. I did notice that they seemed to dim themselves when a bright light was coming from that direction. Is that what the standard headlights do? Overall I can see no feature that the 2021s didn't have.

I'm going to check it over better in the light of day tomorrow. Right now it's charging on 110V 12A since the Tesla did not deliver the Nema 14-50 connector plug yet. I wish they still sent those with the car. They sent me out with a 86% charge.

Overall the experience is kind of overwhelming. I can't believe after all the time of planning and waiting it is actually sitting in my garage.

OK so I took delivery of my 2022 MYLR today. Black/White 20”s, Tow. A few people wanted confirmation about any potential differences from the 2021 to the 2022. I looked through the car pretty thoroughly and I don’t see any changes. I’ve included a few pics and one of the doors inside set up as I know many are wondering when Tesla will switch to the same inner door format as the Model 3. My price was $5,650 below the current order price for the same vehicle.

I had a few minor issues with the car on delivery but nothing major. The white strip on the dash had a chip in it. The car was missing a few of the fasteners on the underside of the front and rear bumpers. A few surface scratches in the paint (nothing deep enough that it won’t buff out), and the trunk is making a small squeak/rubbing sound when opening the trunk. I heard a rattle on the left side of the back seat as well, but it turned out to be the rear seat belt buckle rattling against the side of the car. That’s what I have found thus far.

In general, the car had been prepped in a pretty sloppy fashion. Some sort of buffing polish that was obviously used, was not cleaned off well at all and many places on the exterior paint and trim had residual polish left behind. The wheels had tire dressing dripping down them. The windshield also had sling from the polisher sprayed on it when you looked close. There was some adhesive/glue on the paint of the passenger door. I asked the SA to clean it off before I left just to be sure there was no scratch underneath. I had to ask, he did not offer. None of this is anything that a good wash and detail won't take care of but it just shows a lack of care for the customer. The guy that delivered the car was not in any way rude or mean, but just not really interested to make sure I was happy, understood the car, or what the issues I had found with the car were. When I started to tell him, he just said if it’s not big enough to refuse delivery then just list it in a service request. Slacker radio wasn’t working which he said would change in about 24 hours. So I hope that’s right. When I opened a service ticket for the delivery issues, it says no appointments available until December 22nd. So I called the service center and while they did all they could to keep me from actually speaking to anyone in the service department, I did finally get them to connect me. The service department confirmed that the earliest appointment was December 22nd. I told them I had just taken delivery today and had a brand new car with a few issues and couldn’t they fit me in sooner. They uncaringly said, “nope”, and that was it. The car is overall fine in the sense that it has no major issues, but the delivery experience leaves you a bit hollow when you have waited a long time, and you hand them a check for $65,000 of your hard earned money, and and they treat you like you are at a 7-11 buying a pack of gum and a bag of peanuts. I am an early purchaser/owner of a Model S (first half 2013) and while Tesla was nowhere then compared to where they are today as far as infrastructure, they treated me like I was special and their service department was friendly and responsive whenever I had a problem. I miss those days. Hopefully they will return some day.

Keeping things in perspective, the car is really nice and I love the white interior against the black exterior. I am very fortunate to be able to own and drive such a beautiful car and be a part of this amazing global transformation to electric vehicles. Feeling gratitude
03992024-C335-4BD1-8B6E-A08BD4F11328.jpeg

Attachments

• 63AAC8AC-95A4-4576-B35F-3385C6FE2913.jpeg
    63AAC8AC-95A4-4576-B35F-3385C6FE2913.jpeg
    576 KB · Views: 62
  • A4CB1814-D3E2-4220-B741-A5289E45D4D3.jpeg
    A4CB1814-D3E2-4220-B741-A5289E45D4D3.jpeg
    420.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 003E1659-77C4-4FDE-8656-2900E09A0186.jpeg
    003E1659-77C4-4FDE-8656-2900E09A0186.jpeg
    249.5 KB · Views: 60
  • C9325E93-0C36-45D8-A5CD-76DC02B6336C.jpeg
    C9325E93-0C36-45D8-A5CD-76DC02B6336C.jpeg
    281.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 777503B5-238B-485F-B922-18880853AE77.jpeg
    777503B5-238B-485F-B922-18880853AE77.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 2115DAB8-2916-46B4-85FA-76711B87870D.jpeg
    2115DAB8-2916-46B4-85FA-76711B87870D.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 8BF2B2AA-460C-4ADD-8F24-E8AFC5EC5177.jpeg
    8BF2B2AA-460C-4ADD-8F24-E8AFC5EC5177.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 3BF114A5-F9DF-4147-91BF-C177F727D9A3.jpeg
    3BF114A5-F9DF-4147-91BF-C177F727D9A3.jpeg
    486 KB · Views: 59
  • F208D196-8AB4-4AF5-91BB-EAF013933274.jpeg
    F208D196-8AB4-4AF5-91BB-EAF013933274.jpeg
    283.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Oh something went wrong, multiple images, I was trying to share link to the Game Controller that worked for us. Little one has reserved the under tray space(secret storage ;)) for storing his belongings.
When I saw your multiple images, in my head I imagined you just kept sliding that tray back and forth, demonstrating its usefulness!

Absolutely. Once the sheet is generated with the first response, I’ll post it. I think upon completion, results are show too.
Here you go

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Here you go
Thanks for doing this. I now have one more thing to obsessively check while I wait... ;-)

I have to share with you guys..,,
I had to drive the hubby’s ICE (Teluride) to work today and even though I only had my other Tesla for 2 months it was like I had to relearn how to drive!! I hit the wipers to go into reverse/drive, I kept looking to the right to see what my speed was, I had to use that weird pedal in the middle (😱) and when I pulled into work and got out of the car I heard a car running…..looked in my colleagues car and she wasn’t there…..oh yea it was me, I forgot to press the button to shut the car off!! And the shifting of the engine felt so strange…..can’t wait til I can take delivery of my 7 seater!!!!! 🤣🤣

OK so I took delivery of my 2022 MYLR today. Black/White 20”s, Tow. A few people wanted confirmation about any potential differences from the 2021 to the 2022. I looked through the car pretty thoroughly and I don’t see any changes. I’ve included a few pics and one of the doors inside set up as I know many are wondering when Tesla will switch to the same inner door format as the Model 3. My price was $5,650 below the current order price for the same vehicle.

I had a few minor issues with the car on delivery but nothing major. The white strip on the dash had a chip in it. The car was missing a few of the fasteners on the underside of the front and rear bumpers. A few surface scratches in the paint (nothing deep enough that it won’t buff out), and the trunk is making a small squeak/rubbing sound when opening the trunk. I heard a rattle on the left side of the back seat as well, but it turned out to be the rear seat belt buckle rattling against the side of the car. That’s what I have found thus far.

In general, the car had been prepped in a pretty sloppy fashion. Some sort of buffing polish that was obviously used, was not cleaned off well at all and many places on the exterior paint and trim had residual polish left behind. The wheels had tire dressing dripping down them. The windshield also had sling from the polisher sprayed on it when you looked close. There was some adhesive/glue on the paint of the passenger door. I asked the SA to clean it off before I left just to be sure there was no scratch underneath. I had to ask, he did not offer. None of this is anything that a good wash and detail won't take care of but it just shows a lack of care for the customer. The guy that delivered the car was not in any way rude or mean, but just not really interested to make sure I was happy, understood the car, or what the issues I had found with the car were. When I started to tell him, he just said if it’s not big enough to refuse delivery then just list it in a service request. Slacker radio wasn’t working which he said would change in about 24 hours. So I hope that’s right. When I opened a service ticket for the delivery issues, it says no appointments available until December 22nd. So I called the service center and while they did all they could to keep me from actually speaking to anyone in the service department, I did finally get them to connect me. The service department confirmed that the earliest appointment was December 22nd. I told them I had just taken delivery today and had a brand new car with a few issues and couldn’t they fit me in sooner. They uncaringly said, “nope”, and that was it. The car is overall fine in the sense that it has no major issues, but the delivery experience leaves you a bit hollow when you have waited a long time, and you hand them a check for $65,000 of your hard earned money, and and they treat you like you are at a 7-11 buying a pack of gum and a bag of peanuts. I am an early purchaser/owner of a Model S (first half 2013) and while Tesla was nowhere then compared to where they are today as far as infrastructure, they treated me like I was special and their service department was friendly and responsive whenever I had a problem. I miss those days. Hopefully they will return some day.

Keeping things in perspective, the car is really nice and I love the white interior against the black exterior. I am very fortunate to be able to own and drive such a beautiful car and be a part of this amazing global transformation to electric vehicles. Feeling gratitude
View attachment 732490
Congrats it’s gorgeous!!! 🎉🎉

I got my MYLR today. It was late in the afternoon and it was cold and rainy so haven't had a good look at it yet. But it's seems solid with no issues so far. I did check the exterior and while some of the gaps were not perfect they were acceptable. Did not check for USB ports yet but the wireless charging was working as my phone went from 50% to 94% sitting in the dock.

The headlights I think are the standard ones. I did notice that they seemed to dim themselves when a bright light was coming from that direction. Is that what the standard headlights do? Overall I can see no feature that the 2021s didn't have.

I'm going to check it over better in the light of day tomorrow. Right now it's charging on 110V 12A since the Tesla did not deliver the Nema 14-50 connector plug yet. I wish they still sent those with the car. They sent me out with a 86% charge.

Overall the experience is kind of overwhelming. I can't believe after all the time of planning and waiting it is actually sitting in my garage.
Congrats- enjoy the ride!!! 🎉🎉