Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Off topic but we have a trip coming up this weekend and I'm wondering for the folks who've ordered accessories, anyone order an ipad holder? I'm curious to see what people have tried and feedback. Preferably something on amazon so I can have it arrive in time for the trip
Got two for my wife's Model 3 when we took our first road trip in it. The kids loved them. When I did the overnight test drive of the MY used one of them just to see if it was the same on the risers and it passed their test.

61PNkBS9nhL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I am going with the 14-50 also. $40 for adapter from Tesla or $500 for a Tesla charger. 14-50 is a nobrainer. Charges at 38 amps so takes a little longer, but will still do a full charge overnight
I have only understood paying for a Tesla Wall Charger if you have more than one Tesla, otherwise the difference is ~6-7 miles per hour.

Off topic but we have a trip coming up this weekend and I'm wondering for the folks who've ordered accessories, anyone order an ipad holder? I'm curious to see what people have tried and feedback. Preferably something on amazon so I can have it arrive in time for the trip
Windshield Suction Tablet Mount Retail Black

We are starting our long road trip on Saturday, I am still testing it, with an iPad Pro 11”. It comes with adjustable holders for different size pads, anyway, it’s been 2 days I guess, so far it has been doing good.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
I am going with the 14-50 also. $40 for adapter from Tesla or $500 for a Tesla charger. 14-50 is a nobrainer. Charges at 38 amps so takes a little longer, but will still do a full charge overnight
Check your electric company. I have PSEG here in NY and got instant $500 off a JuiceBox 14-50 40A. They also have the Chargepoint. I also signed up for the smart charging and get $0.05 back if I charge between 11pm - 6am. I also received $50 bonus check.

I was all set to order the Tesla WC but than found about the discounts.

Vroom and Carvana are NOT playing ball for me :( $40k both vs. Tesla's $43k. So Tesla wins even without the (large!) sales tax benefit, which is 8% of that whole amount.

My Model S is in the shop for a pano roof repair. They informed me today that the $900, then $1300 repair is now $2600. And no idea when we'll get the car back...

I know this is going to be a fight. Our order was placed in 2020, when the program was in effect, AND converted to an actual order in August, still in effect. But the referral isn't showing in our account. I want my damn miles!
There’s a flag the SA looked up for me when I got the vin. It said referral enabled or something like that and the value was yes. You could ask the SA to show you. I was in the showroom.

Check your electric company. I have PSEG here in NY and got instant $500 off a JuiceBox 14-50 40A. They also have the Chargepoint. I also signed up for the smart charging and get $0.05 back if I charge between 11pm - 6am. I also received $50 bonus check.

I was all set to order the Tesla WC but than found about the discounts.
I have ComEd, looked at their site and nothing for any EV chargers or installation 😩

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
I have only understood paying for a Tesla Wall Charger if you have more than one Tesla, otherwise the difference is ~6-7 miles per hour.

I would say this is pretty much spot on from my own research as well. Unless your daily commute makes it so that you just REALLY need the wall charger

Maybe I will cancel my order......

Ok, this is what I thought my research was telling me, and nice to have it confirmed. Also, I hope my wife will end up with an EV also, and there is no guarantee that it will be a Tesla of course. So, makes sense to go with the 14-50, or a pair of the same.

Also, met virtually with the licensed or approved or whatever Tesla solar systems installer, and it appears that the roof shingle product is not the best choice to cover my power generation needs on my roof surfaces, so am looking at panels, and setting up a design that will accept batteries later. The shingles are a lot less efficient than the panels (not focusing only on Tesla panels here), and a lot more costly than going with a new standard roof and a panel system. Kinda wish it wasn't so, but apparently still is.

I placed my order on 7/12 and emailed them early August to add referral. It didn’t show up until I took delivery.
I asked the only live human I have spoken to and he said he'd try to add it. Emailed a follow up and never heard back.
There’s a flag the SA looked up for me when I got the vin. It said referral enabled or something like that and the value was yes. You could ask the SA to show you. I was in the showroom.
Thanks. I'll set myself a reminder to ask. The issue I foresee is when they say "no and we can't add it after the fact" because how on earth do I prove that I did, in fact, use my own referral code nearly 2 years ago when the order was initiated.

Ok, this is what I thought my research was telling me, and nice to have it confirmed. Also, I hope my wife will end up with an EV also, and there is no guarantee that it will be a Tesla of course. So, makes sense to go with the 14-50, or a pair of the same.
This is the way....
Installed a 14-50 in the garage after I ordered MY in July.
A few weeks ago, my wife's car was totaled (she's fine) and we got her a Mach E.
I still don't have the MY, but having the 14-50 ready has kept her car charged.