Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see a lot of discussion on charging here. Hope it has a different thread. I believe this thread is for order and delivery related posts.

I am planning to get a new MY LR soon. I live in Cleveland area. Anybody from this region booked recently? Would like to understand possible delivery timelines.
Base with no options is being estimated as Oct. 2022 on the configurator, but these dates are pretty meaningless. My original estimate was late May or mid June, and I'm picking it up on the 24th of this month, next Wednesday. It varies somewhat by how you option the car. The more expensive the sooner you'll get it.

It;s a crap shoot, but be prepared to wait a long time. So, no you won't be getting a Model Y LR soon.

We've all been waiting so long that these threads tend to digress.

Last edited:
I went to tesla financing on Monday and the offer 2.49% for 72 months with $5k down payment through Wells Fargo. I called my ccu rep yesterday and she offered 1.99% at zero down for 75 months.
Question is how do I change to 3rd party financing and how do I get mvpa ?
Picking up MYLR7 on the 24th at 2 pm from Schaumburg location.
Your SA can help change it. Should be a very quick change.

I see a lot of discussion on charging here. Hope it has a different thread. I believe this thread is for order and delivery related posts.

I am planning to get a new MY LR soon. I live in Cleveland area. Anybody from this region booked recently? Would like to understand possible delivery timelines.
You will learn this thread is a thread for many things. Your EDD can change so often that it fosters all types of discussions. Read them, join in or ignore but you will see quite a few topics throughout this thread.

I know the 14-50 with the mobile connector might be the financially prudent way to go, BUT I honestly just want that beautiful Tesla wall charger mounted and proudly displayed under my carport roof where the MY will park. It will be convenient, it will charge faster in case I need it, and its just going to look good!
There is garage photo "contest" on reddit, photo from there:

Attachments

• 1_4947437965736411596.png
    1_4947437965736411596.png
    501.6 KB · Views: 81
hin a few hours of me applying on th

I went to tesla financing on Monday and the offer 2.49% for 72 months with $5k down payment through Wells Fargo. I called my ccu rep yesterday and she offered 1.99% at zero down for 75 months.
I'm trying to do Tesla financing but it does not give me the option on my screen. I have a VIN and expect delivery in a couple weeks. No date set yet. I emailed [email protected] a couple days ago asking about how to apply thru Tesla for financing. Have not heard back in two days. I only have a screen to pay now thru Plaid with my bank. I think I selected cash when ordering. I have a third party lender done, but wanted to see what Tesla offered.
1637243633417.png

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
I'm trying to do Tesla financing but it does not give me the option on my screen. I have a VIN and expect delivery in a couple weeks. No date set yet. I emailed [email protected] a couple days ago asking about how to apply thru Tesla for financing. Have not heard back in two days. I only have a screen to pay now thru Plaid with my bank. I think I selected cash when ordering. I have a third party lender done, but wanted to see what Tesla offered.
I called my local Tesla SC and selected sales. It redirected to a call center where a lady was able to change from 'cash' to 'financing' instantly. All I had to do was log out and log back in. Oh btw.. my EDD just changed in the good direction but increased window by 1 day.. my eyes didn't catch it until today so not sure if it changed on me yesterday (update in sig)..

@Petemadz There are a few threads on Charging. Model Y: Battery & Charging But can find more info in the X, S and 3 Forums also.

In my case because the SA was busy they handed over their laptop to me as I was trying to add my wife to the registration and the software was giving trouble to the SA so he said have at it. In the process I got to “explore” the application that the SAs use. So I’m sure if you ask the SA to look it up they should be able to tell. Adding it retroactively, if not already in the system can be a pain because software updates may have disabled it for the end users.
I bolded and underlined that last part of your response because this is what happened. We picked up my wife's MY 2 days before they ended it and I told the rep we couldn't get the referral code till after delivery. She understood and was very sympathetic. I called the next day after they cancelled it to add my wife's referral code to my order and the nice rep I spoke to said they already disabled that option and even if she wanted to sneak me in, she couldn't because they took that option away. I'm sure Tesla knows some folks will want to sneak in and so it makes sense for it to be disabled.

This is the way....
Installed a 14-50 in the garage after I ordered MY in July.
A few weeks ago, my wife's car was totaled (she's fine) and we got her a Mach E.
I still don't have the MY, but having the 14-50 ready has kept her car charged.
Side note I hope no one minds me asking here but... how do you charge a Mach E on a 14-50? Does it come with a cable and adapter? I'm considering one to replace the S when that day comes.
I know the 14-50 with the mobile connector might be the financially prudent way to go, BUT I honestly just want that beautiful Tesla wall charger mounted and proudly displayed under my carport roof where the MY will park. It will be convenient, it will charge faster in case I need it, and its just going to look good!
Kids today are spoiled. In my day, the wall charger was $1500. Yes, $1500. So I didn't even consider it vs. the $9 NEMA 14-50 outlet that my buddy charged me $50 to install next to my breaker. At $500, it's tempting. (I eventually got a free black Elon Musk-signature wall connector from the referral program, so that's installed outside for driveway charging.)
In my case because the SA was busy they handed over their laptop to me as I was trying to add my wife to the registration and the software was giving trouble to the SA so he said have at it. In the process I got to “explore” the application that the SAs use. So I’m sure if you ask the SA to look it up they should be able to tell. Adding it retroactively, if not already in the system can be a pain because software updates may have disabled it for the end users.
Thank you, this is helpful! We are probably bringing our toddler with us so that'll be a whole experience.

Thanks for a quick response. Btw, are we expecting that the opening of Austin plant soon will speed up delivery? Or has the current EDT factored that in already. Also I believe there are some mfg changes planned for MY in Austin GF.
I dont think EDDs will be updated until Austin is ready to start popping out production ready MYs. From what I read, first few batches out are for QA, Crash testing certification or something like that and probably cars for the local hotshots, all this while the new teams learn the processes. They say, on average, a new production factory like this is 3-4 months from Customer Ready cars from when the first one rolls off the line. (which I hope is soon)

I bolded and underlined that last part of your response because this is what happened. We picked up my wife's MY 2 days before they ended it and I told the rep we couldn't get the referral code till after delivery. She understood and was very sympathetic. I called the next day after they cancelled it to add my wife's referral code to my order and the nice rep I spoke to said they already disabled that option and even if she wanted to sneak me in, she couldn't because they took that option away. I'm sure Tesla knows some folks will want to sneak in and so it makes sense for it to be disabled.
I don't doubt this for a second. The only live human I spoke with told me there is still a back end way to do it and that he'd try to make sure mine was applied. Never heard back though.

But I'll fight to the death. My Model S with free supercharging is in the shop for a *sugar* show of a problem, with the third time and price increase since we first decided to make the repair. As a result, a trip I have planned this weekend will have to be done in my 3. It'll eat half of my remaining referral miles for before I ever get the Y. I'd 100% be taking the S on this trip if service hadn't been so bad with estimating my repair. (Pano roof, drama!)

I'm not a happy camper this week but tried not to spill the negativity on this thread.

Call the SC or the 888 number and have them change it. Your MVPA will be in your account below the EDD part at the very bottom. You need the 8 page one that lists the bank name on it but download that after they've changed the financing so it's updated

Welcome to the forum. While the thread is mostly for delivery, you'll find we dribble and dabble into other topics from time to time. It's a crazy journey from order to delivery so we make it fun and interesting as best as we can.
There's no set formula on delivery timelines. You simply order and ride the train in whatever direction Tesla steers it.

I don't doubt this for a second. The only live human I spoke with told me there is still a back end way to do it and that he'd try to make sure mine was applied. Never heard back though.

But I'll fight to the death. My Model S with free supercharging is in the shop for a *sugar* show of a problem, with the third time and price increase since we first decided to make the repair. As a result, a trip I have planned this weekend will have to be done in my 3. It'll eat half of my remaining referral miles for before I ever get the Y. I'd 100% be taking the S on this trip if service hadn't been so bad with estimating my repair. (Pano roof, drama!)

I'm not a happy camper this week but tried not to spill the negativity on this thread.
I saw your post with the price change. How is that happening though? I get 1 price change but 3 and the 3rd one was double the second one. I mean get it right or get it right.

View attachment 734301
Looks like you're still on cash payment. If you're not hearing from your SA, use the chat feature on tesla web or call 888-518-3752. Follow prompts for new delivery and they'll help you out. Might be a little wait but someone always comes through and I've never had any issue with them.