Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone driving their MY with the aero caps off, does the system recognize they are off? There is no setting for me to change in wheel config, in comparison to the brother's M3. I have the caps off, but the system, and app show the car with the caps on.

Possibly why I ended up with this......
View attachment 736529
Lol why would it have a sensor to know if you removed the wheel covers?

Took delivery this morning! It's nearly perfect! Only thing I've found is minor alignment on the front driver side fender.
Still trying to decide a name.
Considering Sonic...
View attachment 736524
Love that name so much! Takes me back to playing Sonic on my Gamegear as a kid. Congrats on the car! I can't wait to pick up my Blue/white MYLR whenever it makes it to me.

For anyone driving their MY with the aero caps off, does the system recognize they are off? There is no setting for me to change in wheel config, in comparison to the brother's M3. I have the caps off, but the system, and app show the car with the caps on.

Possibly why I ended up with this......
View attachment 736529
There is indeed a way. The system does not recognize it but you can tell the system they are off and it will then calculate the mileage with the aerocaps off.
On the screen tap the car icon, go down to Service (I believe), then go to wheel configuration. There will be an option something like 19 " Gemini without Aerocaps. Select that. And it should now show up on your car without the aerocaps.

Still trying to decide a name.
Considering Sonic...
Gorgeous! Sonic is a great name for a blue one (it's what I named my blue Model 3.)

@ArrogantSeeker - Why in the bloody heck are you down to 2 miles of rated range already? Plug that car in NOW. And don't fall into the "I drove on 0 for 3 miles once, there's a buffer" claims.

Delivery day is tomorrow and instead of excited, I'm a little annoyed. My bleep-bleep Model S better be ready by then. It has been in service since Friday the 12th, which was nearly 2 weeks after the car had been brought in for diagnostics. Great job they did diagnosing the problem (eye roll) since they've had to up the work scope twice since and order new parts....

Credit scores impacted insurance until this year, and now they can't be considered. Benefit to those on the low end, increases to those with stellar credit. Nice work on your driving record!!
I think each state makes that decision and it appears maybe only 8 have moved to keep credit scores from impacting auto insurance premiums.

Experian emails me almost daily telling me that my high credit score could save me large sums of money on my auto insurance.

Gorgeous! Sonic is a great name for a blue one (it's what I named my blue Model 3.)

@ArrogantSeeker - Why in the bloody heck are you down to 2 miles of rated range already? Plug that car in NOW. And don't fall into the "I drove on 0 for 3 miles once, there's a buffer" claims.
Eh I wasn't testing or trying anything. I was honestly panicking lol. It was the day I took my cousins to the city with more than enough range it felt like, but seemed to burn quite a lot with fast driving I guess, and heated seats on and all. That's my guess. So by the time I dropped the last family members off, I was at 4 miles, with a charger nearby, that's when I had 2 miles left.

There is indeed a way. The system does not recognize it but you can tell the system they are off and it will then calculate the mileage with the aerocaps off.
On the screen tap the car icon, go down to Service (I believe), then go to wheel configuration. There will be an option something like 19 " Gemini without Aerocaps. Select that. And it should now show up on your car without the aerocaps.
I only had one option there, 19 with caps, along with 20 and 21. That's why I am confused.

I only had one option there, 19 with caps, along with 20 and 21. That's why I am confused.
Oh man, I assumed it was the same as the Model 3.

I just found this…don’t know if this is still necessary.

Wonder why they wouldn’t have the same options as the 3 has?