Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pickup is 5 hours and I still don't know how much I owe or how I'll be paying for the car. No one has reached out except via text/email (with two conflicting instructions by the way), my trade-in is messed up in the account, and no final docs/final price is visible on our end.

When we show up with a personal check since they're leaving us no time to prepare otherwise, I better not get attitude.
When I picked up my former 3P in NC I asked how they wanted the down payment, SA said a personal check was fine, “after all, we know where the car is at all times.” which was a bit of a reality check.

Sounds like there's a chance for fireworks!!! Any chance you can film the interaction?? ;)
Heh, I'll do my best to stay level headed. But if the S isn't ready to come home after 11 days in service, I make no promises.
When I picked up my former 3P in NC I asked how they wanted the down payment, SA said a personal check was fine, “after all, we know where the car is at all times.” which was a bit of a reality check.
Good point. Two other points speak to that: 2/3 of the price is going to be via the trade-in vehicle I hand over; when I drove home in the Model S, I forgot to pay for it all together. They called me, sheepishly, 30 minutes later "uhh, you forgot to give us a check." We all had a good laugh over that one.

Interested in this ceramic coating. Can you point me to more info on it? Never heard of interior coating. I pick up MYLR this Monday. Very excited and the list of accessories keeps growing. Might cancel my FSD from what I'm reading about it. Tough choice. Not sure. Any opinions on it much appreciated.
You can always have fsd afterwards, it's just a software update, hardware wise no differrnce between fsd and no-fsd
You can also do a month to month subscription for $200 instead of $10k

Interested in this ceramic coating. Can you point me to more info on it? Never heard of interior coating. I pick up MYLR this Monday. Very excited and the list of accessories keeps growing. Might cancel my FSD from what I'm reading about it. Tough choice. Not sure. Any opinions on it much appreciated.
Since you can always add FSD later, you may want to factor in your state’s tax laws. Do you pay a full tax on your new car purchase (including the price of FSD)? Also, if you add it later, does Tesla add sales tax to the $10,000 add-on price? Another factor in the decision is whether Tesla’s price will go up - or down - later. Who knows the answer to that. Finally, you can always add it later for $199 a month to see if you like it. If you like it, you could permanently add it then.

thanks for the advice. I really want to keep it but not if it doesn't do what they say it should do. Have a few days of research left. Hearing many negatives, not much positive.
It might be worth removing it from your order just to save on taxes and base dollar value if you have vehicle property tax in your state? You can always pay for it later.

Personally, I would never pay the $10K right now for it if I actually wanted a stress-free FSD system. They are still a ways away from that and their beta still has a long way to go. If $10K is a drop in the bucket for you and a way to have something hi-tech and fun to play with, then that can work out. Otherwise, I would at least do the prudent thing and pay for a month or two of subscription to see if I'd be okay with dropping $10K on it.

Since you can always add FSD later, you may want to factor in your state’s tax laws. Do you pay a full tax on your new car purchase (including the price of FSD)? Also, if you add it later, does Tesla add sales tax to the $10,000 add-on price? Another factor in the decision is whether Tesla’s price will go up - or down - later. Who knows the answer to that. Finally, you can always add it later for $199 a month to see if you like it. If you like it, you could permanently add it then.
yeah it's a gamble either way. Yes would save in taxes for NY on purchase so that's a factor as well.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
It might be worth removing it from your order just to save on taxes and base dollar value if you have vehicle property tax in your state? You can always pay for it later.

Personally, I would never pay the $10K right now for it if I actually wanted a stress-free FSD system. They are still a ways away from that and their beta still has a long way to go. If $10K is a drop in the bucket for you and a way to have something hi-tech and fun to play with, then that can work out. Otherwise, I would at least do the prudent thing and pay for a month or two of subscription to see if I'd be okay with dropping $10K on it.
yeah def not a drop in the bucket for me! Just don't want to get caught not having it when it's finally fully working and the price goes up. I guess it's different for everyone depending on their circumstance. If I keep my car more than 5 years, will be worth it (assuming FSD is fully functional at some point). Sorry to steer this thread off topic so much. Will stop with the FSD rants.

On topic, pick up my car Monday and having the Tesla charger installed this weekend. Have many of you had delays in the arrival on your car? Mine should arrive at dealer Sunday and pick up Monday. Hoping there are no delays in the shipment process. The last week is the worst! Could care less about turkey day tomorrow......shoot, I need to go shopping.

Pickup is 5 hours and I still don't know how much I owe or how I'll be paying for the car. No one has reached out except via text/email (with two conflicting instructions by the way), my trade-in is messed up in the account, and no final docs/final price is visible on our end.

When we show up with a personal check since they're leaving us no time to prepare otherwise, I better not get attitude.
You can also do ACH if they give you grief. That's what we did in the parking lot, I copied and pasted the account and routing numbers from my bank website into the form on the Tesla account page. No need to give plaid your username and password. IIRC we just selected that our bank could not be found and it took us to the ACH page. Sorry you're having such rotten luck with your SA!

On my way to pick up car in Mt Kisco!!!!
Hey, could you please report back how it goes? Did they give you time to inspect the car before signing everything?

I thought they were a little snobby/pushy when I went there for a test drive (2 1/2 hours from home). Only gave us 20 min for test drive.
They strongly suggested I put an order in that day because the wait times were increasing. When I said I still had to research how much $$ for insurance, they kind of blew me off and went on to the next customer. The attitude/vibe was when a parent just asks a teen ow their day went and they just roll their eyes.

You can also do ACH if they give you grief. That's what we did in the parking lot, I copied and pasted the account and routing numbers from my bank website into the form on the Tesla account page. No need to give plaid your username and password. IIRC we just selected that our bank could not be found and it took us to the ACH page. Sorry you're having such rotten luck with your SA!
Thanks. We might go to the bank and get a check for the amount we think it's supposed to be. But don't want to waste time going, for one, and two, if we get a cashier's check we wouldn't have a balance left for ACH as a back up.

I've gotten email/text from 3 different people in the past 24 hours. No idea who our SA even is... Sigh.

Hey, could you please report back how it goes? Did they give you time to inspect the car before signing everything?

I thought they were a little snobby/pushy when I went there for a test drive (2 1/2 hours from home). Only gave us 20 min for test drive.
They strongly suggested I put an order in that day because the wait times were increasing. When I said I still had to research how much $$ for insurance, they kind of blew me off and went on to the next customer. The attitude/vibe was when a parent just asks a teen ow their day went and they just roll their eyes.
Will do

Well, take a look at my next post after that one. Bottom line, I called Tesla, asked if they’re serious about cancelling my order, and yes, while they’re serious about cleaning up ancient orders, but they were very flexible to serious customers. They removed the cancellation rule on my account with the caveat that I email them back telling them I’m still interested in the car, just for documentation purposes. So they’re flexible and definitely willing to work with us.
Great! Thanks much!!

Give us a try too! CarBuyerUSA is legit, but we've heard (as evidenced by their reviews) some negative allegations about their customer service...

There are a few ways where we are different (other than being the #1 used Tesla site on the web, and a TMC approved vendor :cool:)

We bring multiple EV dealers together in one place and have them compete against each other to bring you the highest offer price! And all inspections are done virtually (so no driving your car to random places only to have your offer reduced).

You can request an offer in 2 minutes here!

I ended up selling to Whip Flip, who has close ties to the Tesla Owners of CT members. I actually received my funding prior to them even picking up the vehicle! It was a flawless experience, and Ive sold to Vroom prior, which was fine as well, but Whip Flips offer was amazing. Just to see, Im going to see how much youd give me for my MYP now.

Hi all - as I wait to pick up my darling (☺️) next week, I’ve been obsessed with ceramic coating interior and exterior and PPF and …

I’ve settled on the interior ceramic coating but still hunting for a 3 year exterior ceramic coating, however, haven’t found that one that’s cost effective and durable.

Now I know this is off topic, and it’s a repeat post (since it’s been posted a few times), however, yet again hoping someone here - the DIY enthusiast - has a bright answer?

Thanks all
Interested in this too. Practically, I have never been that super picky. But especially with the somewhat exposed and blunt front end, was thinking about some protection against all the Idaho bugs, rock chips, and et cetera we experience out here on the Idaho roads. And if delivery is going to happen when snow is still on the ground, I want to make sure I have some coating planned out to get applied right away upon taking delivery. EDIT: Now see the front PPF moving back to ceramic thought. Might consider that.

thanks for the advice. I really want to keep it but not if it doesn't do what they say it should do. Have a few days of research left. Hearing many negatives, not much positive.
I cancelled FSD, because I did not want my registration car value to be higher which would increase annual registration and for the first year new vehicle registration cost, sales tax etc. I plan to add it back after taking delivery.

As End of November is coming around, my friends currently working at Kato as an Electrical Eng. got an email yesterday asking if he can put in extra time for delivering cars. West Cost is gunna get a significant push in delivery since in the email, they were asking "anyone"(currently working at Tesla) with extra time to come deliver cars for them

He had the same email last end of quarter where he delivered 25/30 ish cars himself

Thanks. We might go to the bank and get a check for the amount we think it's supposed to be. But don't want to waste time going, for one, and two, if we get a cashier's check we wouldn't have a balance left for ACH as a back up.

I've gotten email/text from 3 different people in the past 24 hours. No idea who our SA even is... Sigh.
Man, that sounds frustrating, but also familiar. Luckily we didn't have a trade-in to deal with, but we definitely had no help through the process. For us, we did third party financing (USAA), so when the loan was approved they gave us a form to have the dealership fill out, called a payment request form or something like that. So that's when I called the local number, was punted to the national call center, who then told me I'd need to reach out to my SA... to which I asked, okay, great, who is my SA and how do I reach them? The guy texted me a name and email address. So I attached the form to the email, sent it along and got no response. So several days later I popped into the dealership with the form printed out and gave it to a guy who took it, walked into the back and assured me he scanned it and attached it to my account. I only realized after I got home that he never asked for my last name, order number, VIN, any of that. I was positive he didn't do anything. Sure enough, the day after I took delivery, I got an email from Tesla asking for that form... Unbelievable. I mean, I've come to expect terrible customer service at this point, but you'd think they'd be good at getting paid!