Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping someone has some advice for me. I try to keep up with these threads but there’s so much info conflicting with each other I don’t know what the deal is. I ordered my MYLR on July 26. At the time I had an EDD of some time in October. I currently have an EDD of nov 29- dec 13. The last two weeks, I reach the first day of my EDD and they push the estimate back about 4 days, it’s like a perpetual game of cat and mouse. I feel like I keep seeing people getting their VINs who ordered after me and I don’t get it. My order is nothing special, white exterior white/black interior, FSD, 5 seater, no tow, just the basics. What’s the deal?!
The white combo could be one factor.
But don't look at orders after you being fulfilled first. I was a 8/1 OD, while ODs in late August were getting delivered waaaay before me.
The cars are made in color or seat batches and whoever gets matched, gets it before or after someone else.

You have stolen one of my possible names…will have to add T’Chaka or Shuri (Black Panther before and after T’Challa).
Some others on the list:
KITT, Blade, Abyss, Void, Nightwing, Dark Knight, Romanoff (Black Widow), Black Lightning, Blackout, B.O.B. (Black on Black), Onyx, Obsidian, Vantablack (blackest black there is) and Vincent Price (MJ’s Thriller, “Darkness falls across the land). T’Challa had made the top 3, so I’m going to hold the other two, so I don’t lose anymore names…lol.
I know it’s a lot. I’ve reached 100 days since my OD so I have had some time to think about it

@Dreene Absolutely gorgeous car….can’t wait to get mine.
Wait a minute!!! Meaning I can name my car IRONMAN??? Or Tony Stark?

My home is full of iron man figurines.

happy thanksgiving everyone!
need your wisdom. Woke up to an updated EDD, it changed from Feb2-Mar2 to Dec15-Dec31. One part of me is semi-excited, the other is frustrated as I will be traveling. Does this shorter time frame mean anything or this is just Tesla mind game? And what are my options in this case to potentially somehow make them wait till I'm back?
It appears that Tesla is making a big end of year push to deliver as many vehicles as possible. So, it is quite possible that you may end up getting yours before the end of the year.

I have a similar question as you and wondering what are the options for pushing actual delivery by a couple of weeks. What happens if Tesla has your car ready for delivery but it takes time for you to get your insurance, financing, etc. in order before you can pick up? How long will Tesla wait for you?

My EDD is 11/27 - 12/11. No VIN or anything yet. Is it worth texting back to the number from when I first ordered and inquiring if anything is happening behind the scenes or should I just hold my horses.

It was easy waiting when my delivery say Feb/Mar but then it jumped up to Dec and then again it narrowed down to my current EDD and now I'm getting excited!
What is your configuration?

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Another data point - my order is:
MYLR, 5 Seater, MSM, Black interior, 19” Gemini, Tow. OD 8-25-21.
(I can’t make a sig/profile yet).

EDD has been moving, though not as much as the others, first nothing, then Nov 29-Dec 27, then Dec 8-Dec 31, now Dec 13-27. The last date range is over the past week. This morning, the app changed to a “View” button, and it says “ We‘re building your car”. No VIN.

I am hoping the delivery date shows up in Dec so I can take delivery in Jan (avail of the 30-day delivery period called out in the order agreement). Wonder how much pushback people have got for trying the 30-day delay.

One thing I've read is Tesla will try to deliver the long-distance sales earlier in the quarter (east coast or whatever) and they can jam out a lot of the more local ones at the end of the quarter. If you're taking delivering in California it may be that's why you've been pushed into December.
Leaked email from Elon indicates no more EOQ mad rush. Wants to focus on cost, not volume.

It appears that Tesla is making a big end of year push to deliver as many vehicles as possible. So, it is quite possible that you may end up getting yours before the end of the year.
Leaked email from Elon indicates no more EOQ mad rush. Wants to focus on cost, not volume.

Contact a Tesla rep ASAP. They can schedule your pick up/delivery. Hopefully, you can schedule it when you're at home. However, it is very common for home delivery that you are not required to be home. My home delivery (a few days ago) they literally drove it into my driveway and left. Not one word. I received a text message stating the car had "arrived". I walk out and there's my Tesla in my driveway and I see the driver walking down the street into an Uber. Didn't sign a thing. Didn't check ID, etc. So, even if you're out of town you may be fine.
Went to my local Tesla dealership and explained the situation. It appeared that the car is indeed being built and delivery is aimed to be on Christmas day. But, considering my traveling plans they made a note in the system to have the delivery scheduled after my trip. Also, mud flaps and ppf are to be included.

My delivery was scheduled for 11/30. Automated text today saying that delivery delayed and rescheduled me for 12/3. I called my SA who told me that some transport drivers weren't available over Thanksgiving weekend and many east coast deliveries are delayed a few days. I have a conflict on 12/3 and they booked my delivery for 12/6. Must be very busy with deliveries as they booked me 30 minutes prior to normal delivery hours.

My delivery was scheduled for 11/30. Automated text today saying that delivery delayed and rescheduled me for 12/3. I called my SA who told me that some transport drivers weren't available over Thanksgiving weekend and many east coast deliveries are delayed a few days. I have a conflict on 12/3 and they booked my delivery for 12/6. Must be very busy with deliveries as they booked me 30 minutes prior to normal delivery hours.
My delivery was delayed 3 days for the same reason. Delivery in Savannah. After 3 months, what’s 3 days? Get it Thursday.

Ladies & gentlemen, I’d like to introduce you to T’Challa!!! Took delivery at 10a today, and everything went pretty smoothly. Got there & he was waiting for me to accept delivery & open him up (prepaid a couple days ago with my bank account info). I was almost thrown off my game by the mere sight of him, but had to remember I needed to inspect him before I pulled off 😅

Exterior was almost perfect. No huge panel gaps anywhere, there was some leftover tape on the corner of the passenger door that they took care of on the spot. Interior was nearly perfect as well, except for a dirt stain that may have been a hand print on the passenger side of the headliner. They also took care of that while I was there, took about 20 mins max. My key cards weren’t inside, but I told a rep & they brought em out for me within 2 mins. All USB ports and charging pad are in place, so no inconvenience there.

Drives great, seats are some of the most comfy I’ve ever sat in, and there’s nothing like that new Tesla car smell!

Inspiration from the name comes from the Marvel Comic character Black Panther, which T’Challa is his real name. And since my MY is black inside & out it’s very fitting! And may Chadwick Boseman continue to Rest In Peace.

I’m gonna go ahead and join the masses who’ve already taken delivery and just say it: The wait is worth it!
Beautiful! Congratulations!

That's so unreasonable, I doubt it's true. There are any number of valid reasons to reject a delivery. Tesla wouldn't want to lose a subsequent sale from the same customer due to that.
I think you're right, here's what I think I was misremembering:

"Once you have returned your vehicle, the return process is final and may not be canceled. At this time, we are not able to facilitate vehicle exchanges. If you decide to order another vehicle, you may not order the same trim for a period of 12 months but may order another vehicle in a different trim at any time. However, if you are found to have abused this policy or have acted in bad faith, you will be prohibited from purchasing any vehicle for a period of 12 months."

I think there's a difference between a 'return' and refusing to accept delivery for a legitimate issue. But if people begin to manipulate the acceptance process the way they apparently are with the 'hold' process they may get a little more hard core about that too. Someone who's been kicked out of hold and is still trying to string out their order might say 'Oh, look at that panel gap, look at that nick in the paint; I refuse delivery.' If it's relatively trivial I'd be 100% ok with Tesla saying 'No, that's a correctable defect; your options are for us to fix it or cancel your order.'