Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, figured I would drop an update here to keep the thread going with the most recent orders. Ordered my MYP (white with black interior) on November 2nd. First update to come through on delivery timing is estimating 12/29-12/31. Obviously I don't want to take delivery until 1/1 (new EV incentives going into effect) so I let the advisor I had chatted with know that and was told that once it lands at the location I have to pick it up within 72 hours of it being ready or they will cancel my order. Suggested I put the order on hold by marking me "ineligible" until 12/31 so the earliest a vehicle would land would be 12/31 but it could arrive 12/31 or March, he couldn't tell me which. I basically laughed at him, you can't make me pick up the vehicle, if I am out of town visiting family and the car arrives you're going to force me to reorder? Doesn't make any sense. A buddy of mine who owns a M3P was saying not to worry about it because the car won't come before the delivery estimate and will likely be at least a couple weeks later than the initial estimate because "it always is". Wondering if anyone has had an experience with this. First off in the delivery timing related to the initial estimate, secondly delaying delivery for a week because you are unavailable, etc. My worry is that with the infrastructure bill passing that everyone is going to want to delay until 1/1. If a bunch of people get marked ineligible in front of me in line and I get moved up is that going to be a problem?
So I got a EDD update a couple times over the last few days, moved back to 1/4-2/5 and then changed to 1/4-2/1. I am really hoping to be one of the first January deliveries if BBB bill passes between now and then, that would be nice. Other than that just waiting. I lined up a ceramic coating for when it comes in. Great detail place in the South Seattle area was having a black friday special so I snatched it up. Can't wait for Wattson to arrive.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Ladies & gentlemen, I’d like to introduce you to T’Challa!!! Took delivery at 10a today, and everything went pretty smoothly. Got there & he was waiting for me to accept delivery & open him up (prepaid a couple days ago with my bank account info). I was almost thrown off my game by the mere sight of him, but had to remember I needed to inspect him before I pulled off 😅

Exterior was almost perfect. No huge panel gaps anywhere, there was some leftover tape on the corner of the passenger door that they took care of on the spot. Interior was nearly perfect as well, except for a dirt stain that may have been a hand print on the passenger side of the headliner. They also took care of that while I was there, took about 20 mins max. My key cards weren’t inside, but I told a rep & they brought em out for me within 2 mins. All USB ports and charging pad are in place, so no inconvenience there.

Drives great, seats are some of the most comfy I’ve ever sat in, and there’s nothing like that new Tesla car smell!

Inspiration from the name comes from the Marvel Comic character Black Panther, which T’Challa is his real name. And since my MY is black inside & out it’s very fitting! And may Chadwick Boseman continue to Rest In Peace.

I’m gonna go ahead and join the masses who’ve already taken delivery and just say it: The wait is worth it!
Wakanda foreva!!! ❤️
Grats! 🎉

Its all good. Id work on communication in house though. Person who text me stated an amount while the person who emailed me said they werent interested.
Thanks again for the feedback. Those offers come directly from EV dealer partners, and some prefer to communicate via text, while others have an email workflow.

That said, we can always work to improve the communication flow, so your input is valuable! :)

Hoping someone has some advice for me. I try to keep up with these threads but there’s so much info conflicting with each other I don’t know what the deal is. I ordered my MYLR on July 26. At the time I had an EDD of some time in October. I currently have an EDD of nov 29- dec 13. The last two weeks, I reach the first day of my EDD and they push the estimate back about 4 days, it’s like a perpetual game of cat and mouse. I feel like I keep seeing people getting their VINs who ordered after me and I don’t get it. My order is nothing special, white exterior white/black interior, FSD, 5 seater, no tow, just the basics. What’s the deal?!

Hoping someone has some advice for me. I try to keep up with these threads but there’s so much info conflicting with each other I don’t know what the deal is. I ordered my MYLR on July 26. At the time I had an EDD of some time in October. I currently have an EDD of nov 29- dec 13. The last two weeks, I reach the first day of my EDD and they push the estimate back about 4 days, it’s like a perpetual game of cat and mouse. I feel like I keep seeing people getting their VINs who ordered after me and I don’t get it. My order is nothing special, white exterior white/black interior, FSD, 5 seater, no tow, just the basics. What’s the deal?!
As far as we're aware, that's just how it goes--anyone waiting with a reservation is unfortunately beholden to the whims of Tesla's supply chain and production.

We've had people who listed their Teslas for sale on our site, expecting to receive their new Teslas based on an EDD, and then had to suspend the listing because it was randomly pushed back.

Alternatively, we've had things go the other way for people where they were interested in selling but waiting on their next Tesla, and then all of the sudden they're assigned a VIN and delivery date months ahead.

All this to say, from what we know--it's really variable and all you can do is wait. Sorry!

Ladies & gentlemen, I’d like to introduce you to T’Challa!!!
Inspiration from the name comes from the Marvel Comic character Black Panther, which T’Challa is his real name. And since my MY is black inside & out it’s very fitting! And may Chadwick Boseman continue to Rest In Peace.

I’m gonna go ahead and join the masses who’ve already taken delivery and just say it: The wait is worth it!
You have stolen one of my possible names…will have to add T’Chaka or Shuri (Black Panther before and after T’Challa).
Some others on the list:
KITT, Blade, Abyss, Void, Nightwing, Dark Knight, Romanoff (Black Widow), Black Lightning, Blackout, B.O.B. (Black on Black), Onyx, Obsidian, Vantablack (blackest black there is) and Vincent Price (MJ’s Thriller, “Darkness falls across the land). T’Challa had made the top 3, so I’m going to hold the other two, so I don’t lose anymore names…lol.
I know it’s a lot. I’ve reached 100 days since my OD so I have had some time to think about it

@Dreene Absolutely gorgeous car….can’t wait to get mine.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason. Whatever algorithm they use seems to work out to the luck of the draw. You have seen people who ordered after you get ViNs and deliveries. The best thing to do is maintain, as @iamlukewang put it some time ago, Inner Peace.

My advice is to call your SA or the toll-free number and ask them. I did that and they said I should get a VIN within a few weeks and I did. My OD is 7/23 and I have an appt to pick it up on 11/29. Good luck!

I’ve had the same “TBD” EDD thing for the past few weeks, my order jumped around a ton with Dec 17-31 showing last. Just when I thought I was out they pulled me back in…to checking my account once per hour. I hope we get a date range back soon!

FWIW mine seemed to change a few days after I added the Carrier Direct Fee. Not sure if they’re related, she works in mysterious ways.
Very interesting…. I posted in another thread about the Nambe store recently opened in Santa Fe, NM. My car got rescheduled from Colorado Springs, CO to Nambe about two weeks ago. 3 or for days ago I got a call form Tesla in Colorado Springs saying that Nambe was not going to be doing deliveries for the foreseeable future and they moved my car to direct delivery to my house at no charge. I thought that was cool and okayed since it would cost me nothing and save me aggravation and yet another drive to Colorado Springs (been there a bunch recently). 1 day after I approved that my EDD went to TBD…. I think I’m going to lean towards this being a positive development and give them a few days to gather up some cars for delivery. I know if at least one other person in SFNM and 2 in ABQ that have similar dats to what I had before I was moved to TBD. We’ll se what happens. Nothing to do but wait really. complaining to Tesla is like screaming into a black hole.

Last edited:
happy thanksgiving everyone!
need your wisdom. Woke up to an updated EDD, it changed from Feb2-Mar2 to Dec15-Dec31. One part of me is semi-excited, the other is frustrated as I will be traveling. Does this shorter time frame mean anything or this is just Tesla mind game? And what are my options in this case to potentially somehow make them wait till I'm back?
Contact a Tesla rep ASAP. They can schedule your pick up/delivery. Hopefully, you can schedule it when you're at home. However, it is very common for home delivery that you are not required to be home. My home delivery (a few days ago) they literally drove it into my driveway and left. Not one word. I received a text message stating the car had "arrived". I walk out and there's my Tesla in my driveway and I see the driver walking down the street into an Uber. Didn't sign a thing. Didn't check ID, etc. So, even if you're out of town you may be fine.

This is what Tesla mentioned in their email to me:

So, they are canceling the order if you reject the VIN. I hope they don't cancel the order if you reject due to some legit issues with the car at delivery!
I just read an article that says if you reject delivery you can't order the same trim for one year. You can order a different trim, but not the same one.

One thing I've read is Tesla will try to deliver the long-distance sales earlier in the quarter (east coast or whatever) and they can jam out a lot of the more local ones at the end of the quarter. If you're taking delivering in California it may be that's why you've been pushed into December.

My EDD is 11/27 - 12/11. No VIN or anything yet. Is it worth texting back to the number from when I first ordered and inquiring if anything is happening behind the scenes or should I just hold my horses.

It was easy waiting when my delivery say Feb/Mar but then it jumped up to Dec and then again it narrowed down to my current EDD and now I'm getting excited!

I just read an article that says if you reject delivery you can't order the same trim for one year. You can order a different trim, but not the same one.
I thought that only applies if your order ends up being cancelled? I was under the impression that rejecting a delivery was similar to rejecting a VIN where you are still in queue to be paired up with a similar match down the line.

My EDD is 11/27 - 12/11. No VIN or anything yet. Is it worth texting back to the number from when I first ordered and inquiring if anything is happening behind the scenes or should I just hold my horses.

It was easy waiting when my delivery say Feb/Mar but then it jumped up to Dec and then again it narrowed down to my current EDD and now I'm getting excited!
What is the configuration of the vehicle you ordered? Date of order and date of order completion and location? Please see my signature for an example.