Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd recommend him to join this support groups so we can collectively discuss this issue :)
He'd be the only one who literally has a Tesla to drive besides mine, lol
Marshmallow is 100% yours, tell him that the White carbon fiber center wrap will look great in his S and hope he enjoys it cause its not going into your car. 😁
Haha, will do.

(He chipped in for the Y, whereas I paid for my own 3. He pays for his own S but didn't for the first few years when I paid for my "partial custody arrangement. We're silly...)

My delivery date is suppose to be today between 4 PM - 6 PM CDT. However, last time I checked with Tesla late yesterday, they had not received temporary license plates from the State/County.

So I doubt I will pick the car up today.

I am supposed to sell my car to Carvana tomorrow, so I have a decision to make because I don't want to be without a car and I wanted to inspect the Tesla first today before giving it up.
All the best, hope you get yours as schedule today itself :)

Mine is pushed to tomorrow though good news is I got the automated call for pickup confirmation for tomorrow. Now that does have 24 hours between now and then. Fingers crossed.

I am assuming the car was there yesterday and they have yet to prepare it or are preparing as we speak.

All the best, hope you get yours as schedule today itself :)

Mine is pushed to tomorrow though good news is I got the automated call for pickup confirmation for tomorrow. Now that does have 24 hours between now and then. Fingers crossed.

I am assuming the car was there yesterday and they have yet to prepare it or are preparing as we speak.

Just got off the phone with Tesla and they have my temp license plates from the state, so all good to go for 4 PM - 6 PM CDT delivery.

Also, I asked them what was considered the Sales Date and they said that it when you press the button to accept delivery in the application when the car is delivered. For those who were asking about that but obviously, you may want to confirm but that was what Tesla said anyway.

Since at this time, I apparently have over a month until the start of my 10th EDD window, I thought I would make use of this time with something other than paying for accessories (I might be at 60), and figure out all of the steps needed between VIN and delivery. For those of you who have taken delivery or are about to:
If you financed, how long did it take to secure financing? Did you do any searching around or did you decide on who you were going with beforehand?
If you did not finance with Tesla, how long to get the check from your financial institution?
How many insurance carriers did you get quotes from?
Are there any tips you wish you knew prior to taking delivery?

Just got off the phone with Tesla and they have my temp license plates from the state, so all good to go for 4 PM - 6 PM CDT delivery.

Also, I asked them what was considered the Sales Date and they said that it when you press the button to accept delivery in the application when the car is delivered. For those who were asking about that but obviously, you may want to confirm but that was what Tesla said anyway.
Can I pickup my car tomorrow and press the button on Jan 2, 2022?
Just kidding 😂

Since at this time, I apparently have over a month until the start of my 10th EDD window, I thought I would make use of this time with something other than paying for accessories (I might be at 60), and figure out all of the steps needed between VIN and delivery. For those of you who have taken delivery or are about to:
If you financed, how long did it take to secure financing? Did you do any searching around or did you decide on who you were going with beforehand?
If you did not finance with Tesla, how long to get the check from your financial institution?
All excellent questions.

Financing: I frantically Google for 0.99% interest rate for new car loan. Many options came up however, many of them were only for periods of maybe 36 months. There was a lot of talk for DCU (digital credit union) and therefore I chose to give them a shot. The experience with them was extremely smooth, like I shared in couple of my previous posts on this thread and all of the loan stuff was taken care of in literally one day. I gave them a call on Friday the day my Vin was assigned and then I had the check in my hands on Saturday the following day. Now someone on this thread shared not such a pleasant experience for them and hence your mileage may vary.

Insurance: so insurance is a slightly different story for me. Some of us are cop magnets (like myself) and have more than the desired number of tickets on our driver license. So the decision was an easy one for me as to not change the car insurance carrier. Good news is I’m paying about $650 for six months for Tesla model Y insurance with deductibles of thousand dollars for collision and 500 for comprehensive or something along those lines. My insurance limits are 250, 500, 250. Hope this helps.

Tips before taking delivery: first and foremost is do not set your financing with Tesla instead in your order keep it at cash. That’s what my Tesla advisor told me at the time of ordering the car and it helped a lot because I did not have anxiety about the rate expiring. Now I did have anxiety about getting the best rate depending on when the car came and if the rate would be as low as they were at the time I booked the car. I guess I got lucky because the rates did not go up as much as I had expected interestingly at the time. When I booked the car the interest rate was 0.99% and now I got a loan at 1.24% which is not that bad.

Second I opined and spend a lot of time thinking about the new car, dreaming about the new car and getting anxious as to why it was taking such a long time etc. etc. The good news is there are so many folks like us on this forum and genuinely and honestly speaking this thread is what kept me going and made this wait less painful. So spend your time here and try to contribute to this thread in whatever way you can and make this a richer place and a better place than it already is. To use the golden words I would say “inner peace“. 😆

All the best in your wait, I’m sure your car is on the way. I will post my delivery experience tomorrow and will say the golden words that folks before me have said, tomorrow, after hopefully taking the delivery of the car successfully which I’m hoping goes smoothly.

☺️☺️

i got my vin today, and EDD is 12/17-12/21. i am visiting my tesla dealership later today to switch from cash to financing. i shopped around a little for rates, while DCU was lower, BoA offered me 1.99 as well for 60 months. i bank with BOA, so it was just easier to stick with BOA. i was approved almost instantly and the loan will be funded as soon as you esign the agreement. i will be bringing a certified check to delivery for the down payment.

as far as insurance goes, i stuck with state farm since i have multiple discounts with them. 100/300 coverage was ~$85.00

Reactions: samori01
Finally a VIN but EDD is still TBD. Getting insurance lined up but can’t view sales agreement to complete financing. 35 year member of DCU…. Did other that used this CU for financing need to have the sales agreement with VIN to complete the financing.

Now I’m just hoping they deliver before my Trade valuation expires. They are giving me close to 18k for a ‘13 highlander with 125k miles. Can’t get anywhere near that in my market even private sale.
In my case I had to log into the account and accept the Blue Button. Once I did that EDD appeared with 4 day window. On the same day I received a call from SC to schedule the Delivery. After scheduling the Delivery the Delivery Date and Time appeared.

I ended up not doing research on rates because I am leasing. I don’t want to be locked into a car for more than 3 years. The process took a day and half for Tesla to process and accept my requested terms for the lease.

Insurance, I decided to stay with my current insurance, GEICO. Living in NYC usually means high rates and Geico was the cheapest. Plus I get a multi car discount as we have a 21’ BMW X4 already on the policy.

I hope your car comes soon! I will post my experience next Tuesday on delivery day. Hopefully there aren’t any delays.

All excellent questions.

Financing: I frantically Google for 0.99% interest rate for new car loan. Many options came up however, many of them were only for periods of maybe 36 months. There was a lot of talk for DCU (digital credit union) and therefore I chose to give them a shot. The experience with them was extremely smooth, like I shared in couple of my previous posts on this thread and all of the loan stuff was taken care of in literally one day. I gave them a call on Friday the day my Vin was assigned and then I had the check in my hands on Saturday the following day. Now someone on this thread shared not such a pleasant experience for them and hence your mileage may vary.

Insurance: so insurance is a slightly different story for me. Some of us are cop magnets (like myself) and have more than the desired number of tickets on our driver license. So the decision was an easy one for me as to not change the car insurance carrier. Good news is I’m paying about $650 for six months for Tesla model Y insurance with deductibles of thousand dollars for collision and 500 for comprehensive or something along those lines. My insurance limits are 250, 500, 250. Hope this helps.

Tips before taking delivery: first and foremost is do not set your financing with Tesla instead in your order keep it at cash. That’s what my Tesla advisor told me at the time of ordering the car and it helped a lot because I did not have anxiety about the rate expiring. Now I did have anxiety about getting the best rate depending on when the car came and if the rate would be as low as they were at the time I booked the car. I guess I got lucky because the rates did not go up as much as I had expected interestingly at the time. When I booked the car the interest rate was 0.99% and now I got a loan at 1.24% which is not that bad.

Second I opined and spend a lot of time thinking about the new car, dreaming about the new car and getting anxious as to why it was taking such a long time etc. etc. The good news is there are so many folks like us on this forum and genuinely and honestly speaking this thread is what kept me going and made this wait less painful. So spend your time here and try to contribute to this thread in whatever way you can and make this a richer place and a better place than it already is. To use the golden words I would say “inner peace“. 😆

All the best in your wait, I’m sure your car is on the way. I will post my delivery experience tomorrow and will say the golden words that folks before me have said, tomorrow, after hopefully taking the delivery of the car successfully which I’m hoping goes smoothly.

☺️☺️
I am thinking about going this route. When you finance with a third party do you keep your payment as cash or do you need to switch it over to financing?

Reactions: samori01
Yeah I’m finding that out, messed up thing is I didn’t even want the 7 seater. My wife made me do it 🤦🏿‍♂️
Haha, same here… now I’m stuck in TBD land with no indication of when to expect the car. Booked the electrician for early Feb although he’ll come earlier if needed… 50’ of 3 wire is just ridiculous right now, lol. Glad to see others getting the car, seeing these photos of the new babies is great therapy for now, albeit slightly jealousy-inducing.

Haha, same here… now I’m stuck in TBD land with no indication of when to expect the car. Booked the electrician for early Feb although he’ll come earlier if needed… 50’ of 3 wire is just ridiculous right now, lol. Glad to see others getting the car, seeing these photos of the new babies is great therapy for now, albeit slightly jealousy-inducing.
You know you can get a 30% tax rebate on the equipment and installation of a charging station if it is done before the end of this year. Installing it next year gets you $0...