Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up NF379xxx with a 2/13/22 build date, 9/17/22 order date, for a total time of 166 days. Confirmed AMD, but not sure about li-ion battery/heated wipers. I'll take a look at that tonight. Delivery process was good, they let me in the car without any issues. I have a few things on the list, just scuffs and the alignment is off. I'll take a deeper dive later and submit the ticket for fixes.

So I'm curious for any newer delivereries, if you go into the Software menu, Click on Additional Software Information, do you show CSS Adapter Support enabled? Or does it say Not Installed? Ours shows Not Installed, but apparently some people are showing as Enabled.

Mine says enabled. No idea what it means, because there is no official CCS adapter available in the US.

I am aware of some people making unofficial CCS adapters work though.

So I'm curious for any newer delivereries, if you go into the Software menu, Click on Additional Software Information, do you show CSS Adapter Support enabled? Or does it say Not Installed? Ours shows Not Installed, but apparently some people are showing as Enabled.

Mine says enabled as well.

Mine says enabled. No idea what it means, because there is no official CCS adapter available in the US.

No clue anything about this but did find this article

congrats, thats way too long, was your order on hold at any point or profile incomplete or something
Long story short, I called an SA to make sure my profile was complete and the guy basically told me to check that I wanted a loan but not complete the app, and to say I wanted a trade in but not put in the mileage until the date got closer. Not knowing better, I did just that until the date slipped to October, when I called the local place and they again told me to leave it incomplete.
I finally completed loan/trade in a week later after reading on some forums about how things went, determining that the SAs were either malicious or idiots. I should have removed the trade-in, though, because every time it expired my date got bumped back by a month or two...

Long story short, I called an SA to make sure my profile was complete and the guy basically told me to check that I wanted a loan but not complete the app, and to say I wanted a trade in but not put in the mileage until the date got closer. Not knowing better, I did just that until the date slipped to October, when I called the local place and they again told me to leave it incomplete.
I finally completed loan/trade in a week later after reading on some forums about how things went, determining that the SAs were either malicious or idiots. I should have removed the trade-in, though, because every time it expired my date got bumped back by a month or two...
Sorry mate, your "272 days" is very misleading. It should be counted since your profile completion date (~October 2021).

Reactions: advocate8

No clue anything about this but did find this article
What it means is that our cars are ready for the CCS adapters when Tesla decides to bring them here (hopefully this year). Not all cars can do this: I think it started showing up mid 2020 or so.

I am looking forward to having this tool in the toolchest, so to speak. There are CCS chargers where there are no Superchargers between here and Spokane and even though there are Superchargers planned, I have watched years go by with nothing but plans for them.

What it means is that our cars are ready for the CCS adapters when Tesla decides to bring them here (hopefully this year). Not all cars can do this: I think it started showing up mid 2020 or so.

I am looking forward to having this tool in the toolchest, so to speak. There are CCS chargers where there are no Superchargers between here and Spokane and even though there are Superchargers planned, I have watched years go by with nothing but plans for them.
Agree, I think having a CCS adapter will be great!

I'm not a Tesla fanboy, so I look forward to the day when we have true interoperability between Tesla and CCS charging standards, or better yet *gasp* just have a common chargeport type.

Reactions: samori01 and DrGriz
It is interesting that Tesla doesn't yet have an official adapter. I hope it is because of parts shortages, and not some plan to corner the market.
Superchargers are outstanding and reliable. They are the reason travel is possible and reliable. So I have some sense of loyalty because of that. But CCS may get a competitive advantage due to the infrastructure bill. Tesla may be watching that.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Update on the Model Y, I have now discovered one defect. Fit and finish issue, as expected. Basically the rear side of the center console, faceplate of the rear air vent and USB ports, is not attached correctly on one side and works itself loose while driving. The driver side is secure, but the passenger side is not. Feels like it's missing some type of clip fastener or glue from the factory. Submitted a service request ticket, which I expect to be covered under warranty.

Attached a photo for reference, will update on my progress.
Update on my update.

Originally my mobile service appointment was set for noon yesterday (9 March). The night prior, they messaged me via the Service tab of the Tesla app saying that they reviewed my description and photos and that additional parts will need to be ordered, so they rescheduled me for two weeks later 23 March. Today they also gave me a pricing estimate to approve - free under warranty. They also added a tire inspection in there for whatever reason.

My service experience thus far:
Pros: I really like submitting description and photos via app, and communicating via app. Easy!
Cons: Once again, just like my delivery appointment, Tesla procrastinates on reviewing paperwork and their procrastination directly causes a delay. Why did they not review my info two weeks ago, and order necessary parts to honor my original appointment? This doesn't affect me one bit because this is an extremely minor cosmetic issue and my job allows me to work from home, but this would be very burdensome for someone with more substantial service needs or who needs to plan to take time off for a service appointment.

Attachments

• tesla invoice.pdf
    97.6 KB · Views: 60
It is interesting that Tesla doesn't yet have an official adapter. I hope it is because of parts shortages, and not some plan to corner the market.
Superchargers are outstanding and reliable. They are the reason travel is possible and reliable. So I have some sense of loyalty because of that. But CCS may get a competitive advantage due to the infrastructure bill. Tesla may be watching that.
Supercharging is truly awesome. I've only used it a grand total of one time, but it was reliable, plentiful, and simply works.

I think in the long term, over the coming years having a closed off Supercharging network won't make sense. It'd be like if Shell stations only accepts Toyota. In the short term tax incentives will expedite CCS DCFC footprint growth. Eventually in the long term Tesla will open Superchargers to other cars simply due to natural economic factors, when charging will be ubiquitous.

I was going to ask. Oh, well.
Yeah, in the grand scheme it's not a big deal, and they're ready to replace the console rear vent panel assembly I guess, along with clips and fasteners.

I'm very lucky. Waiting four weeks for some interior cosmetic trim is nbd. But, if say, my heat pump needed service and they pulled this on me and made me wait a month from original request to actual appointment, I'd be pretty livid. My experience of Tesla waiting until the night before a long-lead-time appointment to order parts is certainly not unique.

Yeah, in the grand scheme it's not a big deal, and they're ready to replace the console rear vent panel assembly I guess, along with clips and fasteners.

I'm very lucky. Waiting four weeks for some interior cosmetic trim is nbd. But, if say, my heat pump needed service and they pulled this on me and made me wait a month from original request to actual appointment, I'd be pretty livid. My experience of Tesla waiting until the night before a long-lead-time appointment to order parts is certainly not unique.
I have to go in a second time for a trim piece as well. This was on the passenger door. They had pictures. I didn't see an adjustment was possible but didn't know. When they actually saw it they knew it wasn't fixable and ordered the part. It's 220 mile round trip for me.

So, I hear you!

Supercharging is ttruly awesome. I've only used it a grand total of one time, but it was reliable, plentiful, and simply works.

I think in the long term, over the coming years having a closed off Supercharging network won't make sense. It'd be like if Shell stations only accepts Toyota. In the short term tax incentives will expedite CCS DCFC footprint growth. Eventually in the long term Tesla will open Superchargers to other cars simply due to natural economic factors, when charging will be ubiquitous.
This all seems true. And it would be fine to have other vehicles use Superchargers ... when we reach the point that our other options are just like gas stations are for ICE.....reliable, available and everywhere.
Just for now, though, I don’t want to compete with Porsches and VWs Fords and Hyundais for limited Supercharger space that I feel like to a degree I have paid for by paying more for a somewhat similar vehicle in part because it HAS a dedicated charger network.... Maybe not rational but there it is. My sense is Supercharger growth is more or less keeping pace with Tesla sales, but may not be able to as things explode this year, with Austin jumping the volume pretty well by year’s end.