Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does having a hitch on a standard config impact delivery? Does that speed it up or just plop it into hitch runs? I ask because I'm hearing about the possibility to change configs without changing the original vehicle price. Sorry if this has been covered.
In the past having a hitch did not significantly impact delivery times, but changing config sets one back significantly. But need we need a new datapoint.

Just got my license plates and vehicle registration today. Exactly 28 days after delivery appointment, and it came by UPS. Just in time too, as the temp tag expires tomorrow!

Also my car got pushed the 2022.3.101.1 software update. Pretty neat! The save dash cam clip button is now (back) on the main screen, and heated windshield/wiper park is now activated. The charge stats is a nice touch as well.
Got back from vacation and the tags were on my doorstep, so I got them sometime last week as well. My temp tag expires in 3 days...I am trying to get a specific black license plate frame for my car, so I haven't put it on yet....need to hurry

Reactions: PatrickTM
I ordered my Modely LR in December 22. a week ago it showed delivery date march 26-31. when i checked this morning it got pushed back to April 16-May 14. Any ideas on this ? why it got pushed back a month?
i am in Northern Virginia area.
Could be because you were going to get one someone else passed up on but it went to someone else. Can't say it was EOQ rush as you are east coast. Look on the bright side, I ordered before you and have a EDD a month later.

Got back from vacation and the tags were on my doorstep, so I got them sometime last week as well. My temp tag expires in 3 days...I am trying to get a specific black license plate frame for my car, so I haven't put it on yet....need to hurry
I did the exact same thing. Took off the obnoxiously chrome license plate bracket and got a black silicone plate frame from Amazon instead.

In my other car I realized after 95,000 miles of road vibrations that the dealership plate frame scratched the paint underneath. So I bought a two pack silicon plate frame on Amazon. Upon further inspection on the Model Y it looks like the silicone frame might be unnecessary because it mounts to a plastic license plate base, not directly to the hatch door.

I did the exact same thing. Took off the obnoxiously chrome license plate bracket and got a black silicone plate frame from Amazon instead.

In my other car I realized after 95,000 miles of road vibrations that the dealership plate frame scratched the paint underneath. So I bought a two pack silicon plate frame on Amazon. Upon further inspection on the Model Y it looks like the silicone frame might be unnecessary because it mounts to a plastic license plate base, not directly to the hatch door.
I ordered a Quick Bandit, actually arrived this past weekend. Now just need the MYLR to put on it. With all the accessories I have, I think I only bought the MYLR for the accessories. :)

I ordered my Modely LR in December 22. a week ago it showed delivery date march 26-31. when i checked this morning it got pushed back to April 16-May 14. Any ideas on this ? why it got pushed back a month?
i am in Northern Virginia area.

It's anyones guess but I have the same EDD as you and I ordered 2 months before you. Expect to receive your Y around the EDD at the time you ordered it.

Some random thoughts about the 12v battery situation one month into Model Y ownership. Yes, the car is awesome in too many ways to list, these are thoughts around the 12v only.

1. My comparatively ancient 2015 Prius had a stock li-ion 12v from the factory. After 95k miles and 7 years of use, it's still going strong. The use case of 12v in Toyota hybrids and Tesla EVs are almost identical: neither are used to turn over an engine, they're used simply to start up the computers that control the high voltage batteries. While my Model Y shipped with AMD and li-ion 12v, why didn't Tesla just copy Toyota in this case and use a li-ion battery from the start? Li-ion 12v batteries are certainly not a new or rare technology.

2. As the next logical step in the 12v business, the 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybird completely eliminated the 12v battery. They partitioned a couple cells of the high voltage pack to operate as the 12v battery. Ingenious! If the partitioned section ever gets to a low SoC, you can weirdly press a 12v booster button to "recharge" your 12v. So great idea, but clunky implementation. This seems like something Tesla could have gone with as well, but with smarter sw integration.

3. Back in 2017 the Model Y was announced to have no 12v wiring or battery: it was to be entirely high voltage. While that clearly was scrapped, mostly because every in-cabin electronic component is designed to the 12v standard, I sure hope Tesla follows through and rallies suppliers/engineers/designers to get rid of the 12v altogether in a future redesign.

At least going forward all Tesla vehicles will get li-ion 12v batteries and replacements will surely be li-ion. My knowledge on this topic is admittedly limited, so open to other thoughts!

Last edited:
Reactions: samori01

Just noticed that, when I realized I misread my expiration date as 3/23 and it really was 3/13! Needless to say, I put the tag on and will just have to replace the frame when I get the other one.

As soon as I get pulled over for not having a front license plate, I’m getting a quick bandit :cool:

But in the meantime, my local police (very, very, small town police dept outside of Boston) doesn’t care and I drive by and wave to them on a regular basis, it’s always the same officer assigned to patrol my ‘hood. Mass State Police hasn’t bothered me either, but I keep it under 70 mph, and have out-of-state plates. I think highway patrol is more concerned with folks driving 85+ in the 55 zone, which is surprisingly common. Recently I read a story about a guy with three tickets and he refuses to pay, one citation was going 100+ mph in a 55 zone - he claims he was simply keeping in pace with moving traffic lol

So I had my first service appointment yesterday through mobile service. This was to fix the center console rear plate (with USB ports and rear air vents) which was loose. Scheduled time for mobile service was between noon to 4pm. I took the afternoon off in order to accommodate.

At 3pm the technician messaged me saying he’s running late. Next was a phone call at 7pm, saying that he’s still coming if I can confirm that I am able to accommodate. At 9pm, the technician calls again, saying that he is on his way, 10 mins out. The work itself was quick, and he replaced the face plate. The tech was friendly but clearly under immense stress, so I brought some snacks and drinks for him and we briefly chatted. He had two other service requests to handle last night after me, I said he’s free to park in my driveway and sit/rest/work on his PC as long as he needs since his night was clearly far from over.

That was my experience, take from it what you will. This is not the first time I adjusted my work schedule to accommodate Tesla for them to stiff arm me, so I had properly set my expectations. It’s not the employees’ fault, they do their best for their employer. This tech in particular apologized more than once, and said he appreciated my patience with him, and with Tesla.

So I had my first service appointment yesterday through mobile service. This was to fix the center console rear plate (with USB ports and rear air vents) which was loose. Scheduled time for mobile service was between noon to 4pm. I took the afternoon off in order to accommodate.

At 3pm the technician messaged me saying he’s running late. Next was a phone call at 7pm, saying that he’s still coming if I can confirm that I am able to accommodate. At 9pm, the technician calls again, saying that he is on his way, 10 mins out. The work itself was quick, and he replaced the face plate. The tech was friendly but clearly under immense stress, so I brought some snacks and drinks for him and we briefly chatted. He had two other service requests to handle last night after me, I said he’s free to park in my driveway and sit/rest/work on his PC as long as he needs since his night was clearly far from over.

That was my experience, take from it what you will. This is not the first time I adjusted my work schedule to accommodate Tesla for them to stiff arm me, so I had properly set my expectations. It’s not the employees’ fault, they do their best for their employer. This tech in particular apologized more than once, and said he appreciated my patience with him, and with Tesla.
I am sure that this is a very local situation. We went in for a minor issue Tuesday (drove, no ranger in Idaho anymore as far as I know) and got there an hour early (100 mile drive, we have to account for construction delays which didn't happen). They moved some cars and got us in and out before our actual appt. They are selling lots of cars. Don't know how long the quiet will last.

Was it just clips broken, or something more substantial, Patrick?

I am sure that this is a very local situation. We went in for a minor issue Tuesday (drove, no ranger in Idaho anymore as far as I know) and got there an hour early (100 mile drive, we have to account for construction delays which didn't happen). They moved some cars and got us in and out before our actual appt. They are selling lots of cars. Don't know how long the quiet will last.

Was it just clips broken, or something more substantial, Patrick?
Ok, my Idaho order update. I ordered November 10, 2021 (and I see I joined here Nov. 11), in between two price hikes, THE NIGHT BEFORE the November 11 price hike, with upgrades of blue color, and hitch. Nothing else. MYLR other than that. Completed the order, selected cash for payment, had my person check my order, and checked myself, and it was all complete, and remains complete. My original ED was simply "June." After bouncing around a bit, for the last several weeks, the EDD range is May 9 - June 6. So I guess I am hoping that holds. That timing works as we have a trip planed in late April into May, and then later in June into July.

Does this timing seem to match up with other earlier November orders?

Also, was thinking I would finally order the accessories I want right away, including the Quick Bandit thing, and I guess a better rear license mount too? Is that right? and floor mats. Was thinking the full Tasmanian set unless someone tells me another set is clearly better. I live in dirt/dust/gravel and mud and snow most of the time so want the deep floor mats. Will probably get a ppt "bra" at least, and do my own ceramic. And get the good screen protector, and some of the side bay hole liners I guess. Probably will wait on the console organizer until I live with the car a few weeks and see how I want to use that space. And will want a good external flash drive for tunes as well.

And will probably get the camping mattress the Bearded Tesla Guy recommends. Don't know if I will bother with a sun shade/light blocker thing for camping. Guessing not.