Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, my Idaho order update. I ordered November 10, 2021 (and I see I joined here Nov. 11), in between two price hikes, THE NIGHT BEFORE the November 11 price hike, with upgrades of blue color, and hitch. Nothing else. MYLR other than that. Completed the order, selected cash for payment, had my person check my order, and checked myself, and it was all complete, and remains complete. My original ED was simply "June." After bouncing around a bit, for the last several weeks, the EDD range is May 9 - June 6. So I guess I am hoping that holds. That timing works as we have a trip planed in late April into May, and then later in June into July.

Does this timing seem to match up with other earlier November orders?
My profile was completed Nov 1 and my EDD starts the week after you, so seems yours falls in line

Also, was thinking I would finally order the accessories I want right away, including the Quick Bandit thing, and I guess a better rear license mount too? Is that right? and floor mats. Was thinking the full Tasmanian set unless someone tells me another set is clearly better. I live in dirt/dust/gravel and mud and snow most of the time so want the deep floor mats. Will probably get a ppt "bra" at least, and do my own ceramic. And get the good screen protector, and some of the side bay hole liners I guess. Probably will wait on the console organizer until I live with the car a few weeks and see how I want to use that space. And will want a good external flash drive for tunes as well.

And will probably get the camping mattress the Bearded Tesla Guy recommends. Don't know if I will bother with a sun shade/light blocker thing for camping. Guessing not.
We have Tuxmats and love it. It not only covers all areas, specially in the back seats, it goes all the way up to the seat and no open area for any spills/dirt into the original carpet. It's a little work to install, but so far we love it. Don't forget to get mud flaps. Tuxmats are on back-ordered right now.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
We have Tuxmats and love it. It not only covers all areas, specially in the back seats, it goes all the way up to the seat and no open area for any spills/dirt into the original carpet. It's a little work to install, but so far we love it. Don't forget to get mud flaps. Tuxmats are on back-ordered right now.
AFAIK, the Idaho cars have been coming with mud flaps (@DrGriz and a couple others have had that experience, and shared in the Idaho waiting room thread) and also that between rear door and rear wheel well PPF also.

And do the tux mats have the rear of the seat protectors too? And with the rear cargo mat, is the edge flat enough to allow for sleeping if you use a good mattress?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Also, was thinking I would finally order the accessories I want right away, including the Quick Bandit thing, and I guess a better rear license mount too? Is that right? and floor mats. Was thinking the full Tasmanian set unless someone tells me another set is clearly better. I live in dirt/dust/gravel and mud and snow most of the time so want the deep floor mats. Will probably get a ppt "bra" at least, and do my own ceramic. And get the good screen protector, and some of the side bay hole liners I guess. Probably will wait on the console organizer until I live with the car a few weeks and see how I want to use that space. And will want a good external flash drive for tunes as well.

And will probably get the camping mattress the Bearded Tesla Guy recommends. Don't know if I will bother with a sun shade/light blocker thing for camping. Guessing not.
No need for rear license mount. Just frame if you like.

The Tesmanian set doesn't come with the back of rear seat covers, which you probably want. Had to order separately.

We got the Tesmat mattress. If you order right, comes with privacy screen, fitted sheet and carrying case at discount. Haven't tried yet, However.

AFAIK, the Idaho cars have been coming with mud flaps (@DrGriz and a couple others have had that experience, and shared in the Idaho waiting room thread) and also that between rear door and rear wheel well PPF also.

And do the tux mats have the rear of the seat protectors too? And with the rear cargo mat, is the edge flat enough to allow for sleeping if you use a good mattress?
I did not look into seat protectors. I did not order the Tuxmats rear cargo mat because it was on back order at the time. I ordered the cargo mat from Abstract Ocean and it looks just fine, but does not cover the back of the seat, you may want to check out Topfit cargo mat - if you plan to sleep/camp in your MY.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Stopped off at the Lynnwood, WA Tesla dealer. No cars to drive, but the SA opened a car for me to look at, just to re-stoke the fires. I let him know I had one on order, and just wanted to look again for that purpose. He was cool about it. I also asked some questions about the new cars they had been receiving. They have had the new 12v battery, and the new chip. And as compared to a couple years ago, greatly improved in fit and finish. And Seattle area cars, like Idaho, come with the rear PPF and mud flaps. He said for me to make sure those items were there, and if it was not, the dealer would get that fixed.

He also looked up my reservation number and said it looked like I was on track at this point for an actual delivery date within my current range. Apparently he can look at a little more detail to get a better idea.

Lots of nice looking cars there today!

Attachments

• 087A9199-DA01-42A1-A130-B20E4122A324.jpeg
    087A9199-DA01-42A1-A130-B20E4122A324.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 57D472C1-D269-42F5-8C33-42F446CBBD51.jpeg
    57D472C1-D269-42F5-8C33-42F446CBBD51.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 246B39F2-9633-4FD8-8BA4-691D478855DA.jpeg
    246B39F2-9633-4FD8-8BA4-691D478855DA.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 13117C14-0642-447A-8E68-DA6E14CD99B9.jpeg
    13117C14-0642-447A-8E68-DA6E14CD99B9.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 2BCAE0F4-E3F2-4BE8-8F08-FE396BF55EEC.jpeg
    2BCAE0F4-E3F2-4BE8-8F08-FE396BF55EEC.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 83
  • DEC44840-9908-4F8B-A9EB-FBEC0663DD7A.jpeg
    DEC44840-9908-4F8B-A9EB-FBEC0663DD7A.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 66

The rear license plate seems to be fine, it has a plastic backing (or front) that the license plate attaches to so there is no scratching of paint or rattling of metal on metal.
I would recommend the Tuxmats personally. While Tesmanian and 3Dmaxpiders, Weathertechs (which are the Tesla OEMs) and LDCRS (I think that is the letter order) seem to be very good mats I like the Tuxmats for their aesthetic looks but even more so, for their coverage. Dirt/dust/gravel/mud and snow can find its way up the sidewalls of the car and none of the other mats protect those walls. They then require cleaning and possibly shampooing.

My car came with a stick on front license plate holder. Fortunately, they left it in the bag in the trunk.

One thing I should mention. You may want to get a noise reduction kit. After driving a lot of highway, even with my attenuated hearing there's enough wind noise that it wouldn't be missed. I have a kit from RPM and am just needing to find the time to install it. I'll let you know.

I see what @samori01 is saying about the Tuxmats and their high sides. I might do an upgrade at some point.

Like others have said, the rear license plate mount is fine. I just replaced my plate frame because I find the chrome obnoxious, which is totally a personal taste. I got weather tech / Tesla floor liners and they work great, but I cannot say they’re clearly better than Tasmanian because I did not compare them side by side. But I trust weathertech, they’ve been awesome for all my cars. I also did front PPF, rear rocker PPF, Spigen screen protector, Tesla console organizers, trunk side cubby liners, and Rally Armor mud flaps. I did not find an external flash drive necessary because the sw is pretty good about only saving specific Sentry/Dashcam events and overwriting the rest. Music might be a different story.

I bought the Tesla roof shade, but haven’t used it yet because Boston hasn’t been hot yet.

Reactions: DrGriz
I am sure that this is a very local situation. We went in for a minor issue Tuesday (drove, no ranger in Idaho anymore as far as I know) and got there an hour early (100 mile drive, we have to account for construction delays which didn't happen). They moved some cars and got us in and out before our actual appt. They are selling lots of cars. Don't know how long the quiet will last.

Was it just clips broken, or something more substantial, Patrick?
It’s possible what I experienced is worse than usual, but certainly Tesla service horror stories are dime a dozen. My delivery experience was pretty much as bad as it gets, but the only saving grace was that the car was in excellent shape.

The rear faceplate never fastened properly, and one side kept popping loose. When the tech took out the part to examine it, we honestly couldn’t find anything wrong with it. Visually it looked perfect compared to the new part and all the snaps looked good. Then again, it was 10 o’clock at night, dark, I was tired, and the tech was really tired (he was preparing to basically pull an all-nighter). Once the new plate was installed, huge difference: the new one was totally secure.

The last thing I’ll say is that the vast majority of Tesla employees I’ve interacted with in Boston and Paramus, NJ are super nice, super hardworking, and accommodating. Some of them really go above and beyond. Last night he appreciated (and was really surprised) that I brought food and drink, so we had a nice chat. For me paying someone in food is the least I could do for getting free mobile service. From our conversation what I gather is that the management/company puts employees into some really tough situations, they‘re short staffed and get overworked, leading to customers getting cranky, and things go downhill from there. But make no mistake, most Tesla employees are quite dedicated and passionate about the company and the mission to accelerate EV adoption.

In terms of accessories....I have about a million. Seriously I think it was over 40 accessories not having to do with washing the car. I have had 2 types of center consoles, and rear center consoles, hidden storage in both consoles as well, two screen protectors, I can comment on 3 types of mats (4 if you include the carpet ones that come with the MY), my wife has had two (me figuring out which one I liked best, she barely noticed the switch), ambient lighting, door lights, lighted door sills, door sill protectors, neck cushions, 2 types of glovebox organizers, there are many more, but just to give you an idea of how ridiculous I have been with accessories. And if you are wondering about something I may have tried it...

In terms of accessories....I have about a million. Seriously I think it was over 40 accessories not having to do with washing the car. I have had 2 types of center consoles, and rear center consoles, hidden storage in both consoles as well, two screen protectors, I can comment on 3 types of mats (4 if you include the carpet ones that come with the MY), my wife has had two (me figuring out which one I liked best, she barely noticed the switch), ambient lighting, door lights, lighted door sills, door sill protectors, neck cushions, 2 types of glovebox organizers, there are many more, but just to give you an idea of how ridiculous I have been with accessories. And if you are wondering about something I may have tried it...
Tell me about neck cushions. I think they will be critical for a cross country drive next month.

Tell me about neck cushions. I think they will be critical for a cross country drive next month.
I really, really like them. I bought two early in my waiting period, and they were put on once I got it back from PPF. They make it much more comfortable. I am certain they will make roadtrips better. My first one is Monday (only 3.5 hours) so I will have a better idea then. I initially bought two, but my kids wanted them as well, so just got two more for the back. I got the TESCAMP ones initially, they work perfectly for the front seats (I was told they would be back in stock this week, but on Amazon). They may work well in the back, but I have a 3D printed seatbelt holder in the back so it lifts the headrests a little so I got these which are an excellent knock off of the TESCAMP ones, for cheaper and with more straps. I used a different type of strap for the rear seat, it allowed me to mount them lower for my kids head, and for it to be tucked away in a manner that is not obtrusive on the seat. I probably would recommend the knock offs because they are cheaper and offer seemingly the same quality.

I really, really like them. I bought two early in my waiting period, and they were put on once I got it back from PPF. They make it much more comfortable. I am certain they will make roadtrips better. My first one is Monday (only 3.5 hours) so I will have a better idea then. I initially bought two, but my kids wanted them as well, so just got two more for the back. I got the TESCAMP ones initially, they work perfectly for the front seats (I was told they would be back in stock this week, but on Amazon). They may work well in the back, but I have a 3D printed seatbelt holder in the back so it lifts the headrests a little so I got these which are an excellent knock off of the TESCAMP ones, for cheaper and with more straps. I used a different type of strap for the rear seat, it allowed me to mount them lower for my kids head, and for it to be tucked away in a manner that is not obtrusive on the seat. I probably would recommend the knock offs because they are cheaper and offer seemingly the same quality.
Thank you so much for the advice. I will give it a few days to see if the actual TESCAMP pillows become available. Right now, it is the knockoffs or out of stock. The knockoffs look fine, however.

Got to take delivery of my white YLR on Saturday. Cannot complain about build quality. There was a spot in the front driver wheel where the rubber wasn't where it belonged, but it popped in where it belongs and is staying there. Panels look good all around with one that might be a hair off, but I'm not complaining.

Only real trouble is that the wipers like to wipe in broad daylight, but I have yet to do a full reset or attempt to clean the cameras (which I didn't know i could do until looking it up just now).

love the car. Not sure if I feel like it's "worth" waiting 288 days.

Also had the wall charger installed the day I picked it up and I love being able to "gas up" in the garage. Though it's a new facet of economical stress at the same time. So weird.

Got to take delivery of my white YLR on Saturday. Cannot complain about build quality. There was a spot in the front driver wheel where the rubber wasn't where it belonged, but it popped in where it belongs and is staying there. Panels look good all around with one that might be a hair off, but I'm not complaining.

Only real trouble is that the wipers like to wipe in broad daylight, but I have yet to do a full reset or attempt to clean the cameras (which I didn't know i could do until looking it up just now).

love the car. Not sure if I feel like it's "worth" waiting 288 days.

Also had the wall charger installed the day I picked it up and I love being able to "gas up" in the garage. Though it's a new facet of economical stress at the same time. So weird.
You may have answered this somewhere else, but I am assuming you either didn't have a complete profile or you were on hold. Is that a correct assumption?

I didn't get the rear cargo mat from Tuxmats (on backorder) I actually got one Amazon that I really liked until I saw these TAPTES ones. The ones I have are $100 cheaper, do cover the rear seats, but do not split like the TAPTES ones do. I am going to order the TAPTES ones just trying to come to grips with wasting $100. I didn't realize how much I would be using the split, but I have already used it 10 times in under 2 months of ownership. One thing I think maybe an issue with all of these types of cargo mats is the strength of the velcro, it pulls up the carpet in the trunk when it is removed. So, I am figuring that I will have to use a fabric shaver whenever I change mats, and then once I get them in, I don't plan on taking them out, unless they get really dirty (I have a tarp in the sub trunk for anything that is wet, really muddy, mulch, rocks etc).

Thank you so much for the advice. I will give it a few days to see if the actual TESCAMP pillows become available. Right now, it is the knockoffs or out of stock. The knockoffs look fine, however.
These are the same ones as the TESCAMP headrests, they are just being sold from TAPTES (and priced up due I think to shipping shortages).

Reactions: DrGriz