Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Largest Gap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When the HELL is Tesla going to put a supercharger station between Tulsa, Oklahoma and Dallas, Texas? It’s a real 255 mile drive and nearly unreachable in cold weather. How can they keep delaying Henryetta AND Denison? Why is nobody doing anything about this Elon?
Besides just going through Ardmore (or Ardmore and OKC if the remaining gap is still too large for you), there are also CCS/CHAdeMO stations in Durant, McAlester, and Henryetta which are all perfectly usable with readily available adapters to bridge the gap until Tesla ends up putting superchargers along that route next year or later. If going through Ardmore, there are also CCS/CHAdeMO stations in Ada and Stroud or Bristow which would let you skip the detour through OKC. Basically, there's no reason why anyone should have trouble making the trip between Dallas and Tulsa.

Let's not forget the poor excuse for a SC location between Houston and DFW at Huntsville. Hidden and often ICEd.

But yes, Sherman, McAlester, and Henryetta would make great additions for DFW-Tulsa corridor. Lubbock is also a need.

I can easily see the need for Lubbock. I'd also add Roswell NM - and from my old college days driving US 54, Carrizozo NM. (And speaking of college days of driving US 54, Tucumcari <-> Wichita is quite a dry stretch as well.)

Someone is really salty about the solutions to this non-issue.
It's not a non-issue. Having to add distance on a more traffic-heavy routing, with out of the way charging options (Looking at you, OKC Supercharger..) and then having to get on a toll road to bridge a gap is an issue. AR until recently was devoid of Superchargers save for Little Rock which made staying on I-40 a gamble even for the longest range cars.

Sure, you can use chademo, but this too is not optimal.

From the Clayton NM thread, @pb2000 wrote:

Yep. Not many major gaps to fill now.

SE New Mexico
Shelby
I29
Minot,ND & Estavan, SK
TransCanada 16

I think that connects all the major population centers in the lower 48 and Canada (with minimal detours). When that's done, we can start complaining about all the secondary/scenic routes and small cities/towns not on the Supercharger network.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
According to Supercharge.info (Mapbox/OSM)
Brinkley, AR to Kuttawa, KY is 280.1 miles, 4:11:40.
Diversion to Memphis, TN makes it 294.9 miles, 4:45:32

That's on the route from Little Rock, AR to Louisville, KY. Also, from Dallas, TX to Louisville, KY.
Memphis, TN is a problem area.

I-44 because of Oklahoma City's location. It's 255 miles from the start to Catoosa, OK.
I-26 has 253.8 miles from Asheville, NC to North Charleston, SC.

There are more gaps over 200 miles along Interstates.