Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Largest Gap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excuse me?! Come on! You can't just offhandedly throw out a nugget like that without elaborating. WHAT is coming online Real Soon?! There is no thread going yet for a Supercharger in construction there. And Electrify America doesn't show any coming soon thing there yet. I can't find a source for any kind of fast charging in progress in Ely, much less something that would be ready in some weeks. What exactly are you referring to, and do you have a source?

NOT a Supercharger, and NOT EA. It is being built at the Shell station near the intersection of US 6 and US 50.

When we drove across US 50 last fall, we had lunch at Cold Springs Station. Charged using his 14-50s while there. The owner of the place was very excited to be getting the charging site installed - especially since the State of Nevada was paying for it. He also has a large solar system on-site, so has a lot of power for it.

It's interesting to note that there is currently only sporadic supercharger construction currently in progress except in California and (to a lesser extent) the east coast. supercharge.info

It seems that reducing supercharger overcrowding in Tesla strongholds is a higher priority than filling in gaps or establishing new routes, perhaps rightly so. Nevertheless, it's good to see recent completion of gap filling superchargers with Casper (Evansville), WY and along I-94.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
It's one of the CCS/CHAdeMO stations being added as part of the state of Nevada's Nevada Electric Highway program which is using some of the funds from the VW settlement to add charging stations along important highways. Thread discussing the map: Nevada Electric Highway map
This Ely CCS/CHAdeMO is a hot mess. Plenty of Plugshare checkins showing it doesn't work. This time that I drove from Baker, NV to Tonopah I decided to skip it as I didn't want to rely on something that hasn't really worked lately.

On another subject, I've yet to be able to charge Model 3 with the CHAdeMO adapter at several EA stations. They always error out and calling the support people on the phone and going through the motions of restarting, resetting, etc. never works. Is it just me?

Not interstate, but with the completion of the Trans-Canada highway and I-94, US-2 becomes the most prominent long-distance route (with the possible exception of the Alaska highway) lacking superchargers for thru-travel. The Mackinaw City supercharger is just beyond the eastern end (I'll ignore the New England segment here). Duluth has a supercharger. Spokane, Leavenworth, and Monroe (WA) have superchargers. US-2 sites listed are as "coming soon" (haha!) for Escanaba MI, Grand Forks ND, Shelby MT, and Kalispell MT. But it would take perhaps ~12 more sites to fill in between Spokane and Mackinaw. It will probably take a while, but will be a great route when it eventually happens!

Reactions: sdoorex and Vecii
Not interstate, but with the completion of the Trans-Canada highway and I-94, US-2 becomes the most prominent long-distance route (with the possible exception of the Alaska highway) lacking superchargers for thru-travel. The Mackinaw City supercharger is just beyond the eastern end (I'll ignore the New England segment here). Duluth has a supercharger. Spokane, Leavenworth, and Monroe (WA) have superchargers. US-2 sites listed are as "coming soon" (haha!) for Escanaba MI, Grand Forks ND, Shelby MT, and Kalispell MT. But it would take perhaps ~12 more sites to fill in between Spokane and Mackinaw. It will probably take a while, but will be a great route when it eventually happens!

That Escanaba charger is the one that I am waiting for. That one will let me get from Green Bay to Mackinaw more comfortably.

NOT a Supercharger, and NOT EA. It is being built at the Shell station near the intersection of US 6 and US 50.

When we drove across US 50 last fall, we had lunch at Cold Springs Station. Charged using his 14-50s while there. The owner of the place was very excited to be getting the charging site installed - especially since the State of Nevada was paying for it. He also has a large solar system on-site, so has a lot of power for it.
When the HELL is Tesla going to put a supercharger station between Tulsa, Oklahoma and Dallas, Texas? It’s a real 255 mile drive and nearly unreachable in cold weather. How can they keep delaying Henryetta AND Denison? Why is nobody doing anything about this Elon?

When the HELL is Tesla going to put a supercharger station between Tulsa, Oklahoma and Dallas, Texas? It’s a real 255 mile drive and nearly unreachable in cold weather. How can they keep delaying Henryetta AND Denison? Why is nobody doing anything about this Elon?

Not sure what Oklahoma has to do with my post about Nevada...

For Tulsa->Dallas, what about the Ardmore Supercharger?

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Let's not forget the poor excuse for a SC location between Houston and DFW at Huntsville. Hidden and often ICEd.

But yes, Sherman, McAlester, and Henryetta would make great additions for DFW-Tulsa corridor. Lubbock is also a need.