Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Order to Delivery Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know about what the current wait time is for a new Model 3 these days?

People stop and talk to me about my car all the time, and the most common question I get is how long does it take to get one, or the misconception that it takes a year or two. I want to know what to tell them. I'm on east coast US.

Depends on one wants. Some models are even same day for example these Performance Sleeper ones currently. So hard to tell if the config you want is already at your local delivery center or some other one nearby. Tesla sales guys can see all of this information. Best to talk to them over phone. I have generally found them helpful.

But 2-3 weeks is reasonable time if it is being built. Heck even you can time when you want delivery. Sales person will pick the farthest away one in that case.

Apparently if you want white with white interior it's forever ;). My order was in 7/15, no VIN yet.

Not sure if you have seen it or not but
On your MyTesla click on Manage button for your order.
Right click on empy part of the page and select View page source.
Search for a string starting with 5YJ.
If it is there, it will be next to a key named "vin".

I did that and found out my Vin number and it ended up being correct as well once tesla reached out to me.

Ordered mine 7/19
No vin yet, called my sales rep was told no vin on the system. He was gonna see if there was a match in there lot than speak to his manager to see it I’m able to take that car.

I see other cars in my area that have the color I want. However they have the updated rims and tires. Would they be able to switch the rims and tires out. So I would be able to take that model?