Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Tesla Owner With Two Reservations - 2019 Delivery!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird that you owners of 2 current Tesla models are seeing differences in delivery estimates.

I "only" have 1 Model S, reserved two Model 3s in-store on the afternoon of 3/31/2016, and always see the same delivery estimates:

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 9.30.53 AM.png

My first day line-waiter non-owner reservation shows the same Nov17 First Production as your 2nd reservation, but oddly my AWD option falls between your two (You are Jun18 & Aug18, mine is Jul18.)
mytesla-date.png

Maybe because I was in line earlier in the day than you?

( Hoping to get a "First Production" this year... )

I still do not understand why you have a 2019 delivery.

I live in europe and have the following information on my model 3 page:
I hope I will get at least 1 in 2018, because the taxes are much higher in 2019.

Verwachte levering van uw Model 3
Model 3-leveringen beginnen in de VS en zijn afhankelijk van of u werkt voor Tesla, of u al een Tesla bezit en wanneer u de reservering hebt gemaakt.
RN1071214XX gemaakt op 31 maart 2016

• Eind 2018 (translated: End 2018)
RN1084590XX gemaakt op 31 maart 2016

• Eind 2018 (translate: End 2018).

The way I see it is Tesla is shifting all of the greedy people that ordered two so they could make a quick buck on the first one. There were way too many ordering 2+ units on the first day with the intention on flipping one of the cars.

I noticed that they upped the priority of people who ordered a single model3 on 3/31 in store, AND THEN bought a Model S / X afterward, not cancelling their place in line.

• Disagree
Reactions: ken830
The way I see it is Tesla is shifting all of the greedy people that ordered two so they could make a quick buck on the first one. There were way too many ordering 2+ units on the first day with the intention on flipping one of the cars.

I noticed that they upped the priority of people who ordered a single model3 on 3/31 in store, AND THEN bought a Model S / X afterward, not cancelling their place in line.

Where are you getting this information and how do you know people's intentions? Sounds like you're just speculating. Tesla employees informed me to select either 1 or 2 on the first day of reservations. That's not against the rules. And how does intending to buy two cars make me greedy? I just don't understand the thinking behind this.