Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Lightshow slow audio after update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve noticed the audio on custom light shows are slower since updating to 2023.26.7. I tried multiple usbs and same problem. Is anyone experiencing this? I’ve hard rebooted and no success. Lightshow works it’s just the Audio is slowed down. Thanks

I haven't noticed slow audio, but it jitters really badly.
I looked at the sound files and it looks like the .wav files may be the issue. I think all of the .mp3 files play alright.
Now I'm off to find a .wav to .mp3 converter and try it out.
I'll reply back if that fixes it.

Reactions: cmy4x4
Well converting the sound files to mp3 didn't make a difference, so I found the song on youtube, used an online YouTube to mp3 converter, edited the resulting file then replaced the sound file within the lightshow folder.
Hell of a workaround, but it works now.
Fortunately, there were only a few "bad" audio files I had to edit, so it didn't take me too long.
Hope this helps.

Out of curiosity, are these custom light shows you've put together or is there is collection of fun ones somewhere I can check out?
I wish I had it in me to make my own (someday, maybe), but I get mine from here:

Here's how you can have more than one LightShow on a single USB drive:

1. Download the data and sound file from the website onto your PC

2. Create a folder on a Fat32 or similarly formatted USB drive (e.g. "Imperial March LightShow")

3. Copy the data and sound file into the folder
-make sure both files are renamed to lightshow.fseq/.wav/.mp3

4. Repeat with other LightShow files (create a folder on the USB drive with the show name followed by LightShow...)

5. Once you're done copying them to the USB drive, connect the drive to the phone with a USB adapter (they're cheap and you can search "lightning to usb adapter" on amazon; I'm sure Android has a similar adapter)

6. Go into Files on your phone and browse to the connected USB drive

7. Rename the LightShow you want to play to just "LightShow"

8. Insert USB drive into your Tesla and play the LightShow

9. Once finished, connect drive to phone and change name back to what it was so you'll know the show name for next time

10. Repeat and enjoy!

Reactions: rich123
Well converting the sound files to mp3 didn't make a difference, so I found the song on youtube, used an online YouTube to mp3 converter, edited the resulting file then replaced the sound file within the lightshow folder.
Hell of a workaround, but it works now.
Fortunately, there were only a few "bad" audio files I had to edit, so it didn't take me too long.
Hope this helps.
I can confirm it's the .wav file causing the issue. You have to use a native .mp3 file and it works like normal. Glad you found this and said something! I couldn't find anything and finally figured it out some trial and error...

Reactions: papadon2000
As search has found nothing I had to ask the masses of creative minds. Has anyone figured out how to customize the matrix headlights to say something other than Tesla? Creating custom projections would totally change the game.