Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CVRP Applicant Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the CVRP rebate, my father in law qualifies for it since he never applied and received a rebate. However, my name will be a co-registrant and I have received a rebate in the past. Does this mean he will be denied the rebate? I am have not been able to find a bank, credit union, or even Tesla financing to have one name on registration but two co-signers on the loan.

I contacted CVRP yesterday, after waiting an hour. In any event, it's based on "applicant" name, and not based on all of the names on registration. So, based on my use case, my father in law would get the rebate. For CVRP low income rebate (the increased amount), it's based on household income, including everyone over the age of 18 living the household. So, in my case, although my father in law, on his own, would qualify for the low-income increased rebate, he doesn't actually qualify because he lives with me and our combined income no longer qualifies for the increased rebate.

These government programs have such convoluted rules.

Reactions: utsug