Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CVRP Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey. Anyone here take delivery of their car before the Dec 3rd rebate drop?
I took delivery December 2nd but I haven't submitted my application yet because when I looked it up prior to Dec 2, they had a FAQ that stated we just had to take delivery prior to the date and we'd have a couple months to submit the app.

Now I'm looking at it and it lists specific cars that are eligible for their "grace period" and the Model 3 isn't listed as one of them.

I wanted to see if anyone here took delivery prior to Dec 3, but submitted their application after Dec 3 and was able to receive the full $2500 instead of the $2000 they offer now.

Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

"
CVRP Grace Period
Applicants who purchased or leased an eligible vehicle between September 3, 2019, through December 2, 2019, may be eligible to receive rebate amounts under previous Terms and Conditions and program requirements. Applicants can only submit applications for these vehicles through March 2, 2020, in order to qualify for the CVRP Grace Period. If you purchased or leased one of these vehicles outside of the aforementioned CVRP Grace Period, your application will be cancelled. The list of vehicles with limited eligibility can be found here.
"

I took delivery December 2nd but I haven't submitted my application yet because when I looked it up prior to Dec 2, they had a FAQ that stated we just had to take delivery prior to the date and we'd have a couple months to submit the app.

Now I'm looking at it and it lists specific cars that are eligible for their "grace period" and the Model 3 isn't listed as one of them.

I wanted to see if anyone here took delivery prior to Dec 3, but submitted their application after Dec 3 and was able to receive the full $2500 instead of the $2000 they offer now.

"
CVRP Grace Period
Applicants who purchased or leased an eligible vehicle between September 3, 2019, through December 2, 2019, may be eligible to receive rebate amounts under previous Terms and Conditions and program requirements. Applicants can only submit applications for these vehicles through March 2, 2020, in order to qualify for the CVRP Grace Period. If you purchased or leased one of these vehicles outside of the aforementioned CVRP Grace Period, your application will be cancelled. The list of vehicles with limited eligibility can be found here.
"

no one in that specific situation would know... it takes CVRP like 60-90 days to process a rebate. If someone "took delivery before December 3rd but filed after December 3rd" it would mean they submitted their request for a check in the last 3 days. They wont have a decision on their rebate until like february 2020....

no one in that specific situation would know... it takes CVRP like 60-90 days to process a rebate. If someone "took delivery before December 3rd but filed after December 3rd" it would mean they submitted their request for a check in the last 3 days. They wont have a decision on their rebate until like february 2020....

Dang.. guess I just have to submit and hope I get the full $2500

Current processing time per CVRP website is 28 calendar days.

Current processing time per CVRP website is 28 calendar days.

I see they say that now, 28 calendar days or 35 calendar days if selected for income verification. Last year when I submitted my rebate information in december 2018 it took until March for them to approve it, and then another month to get it in the mail. It was 60-90 days for most of the year I believe, up until they made the funding changes.

I took delivery on 11/29, and then submitted the application on 11/30. What motivated me to do it sooner rather than later is because multiple times in their terms they mention APPLICATION DATE. It seems that the application needed to be submitted BEFORE 12/03. Not just delivery date. Both matter.

I took delivery on 11/29, and then submitted the application on 11/30. What motivated me to do it sooner rather than later is because multiple times in their terms they mention APPLICATION DATE. It seems that the application needed to be submitted BEFORE 12/03. Not just delivery date. Both matter.

Yeah I had thought it was application date also but when I read the website FAQ before Dec 3rd. It had stated we just needed to purchase the vehicle before Dec 3rd and that we would have a few months to submit the application..

I sent them an email hoping to get a reply. If I'm stuck with $2000 then oh well, better than nothing.

Also I'm not located in San Diego so I couldn't have done a pre-approval app.

I live in Temecula (so riverside county) and work in Oceanside CA (so san diego county). Even though my application for this was a year ago, I do remember the paperwork speaking very directly around "application date". I also remember that san diego county seemed to be the only place where you could submit the application before you bought the car. This now becomes a "very big deal" because of the recent changes.

Those in san diego county could pre submit their applications (thus have an application at the old rates etc) while anyone else outside of the county actually had to take possession of the car first. Before, it was just convenience. NOW, its actual money... either $500, or if someone was buying a model S or X, 2500 or nothing... based on being able to pre apply or not, without possession of the car.

I dont have any skin in this game because I have had my car for a year, but it still seems somewhat arbitrary to me.

"
CVRP Grace Period
"

So the top quote indicates the vehicle has to be PURCHASED between 9/3 and 12/2/19, but the second quote shows an APPLICATION DATE. For SD people, we since we can apply before the purchase, if its application date, I should be OK for a while, though not sure of the expiration date, and/or if the controlling action is for purchase or application [shrugs].

Picked up a stealth at Fremont on Nov 29. I applied a few weeks ago after the December 3rd deadline/update and the application said I was eligible for the $2000.

Got an email a few days ago:
Capture.PNG

Every once in a while I think about upgrading my LR RWD to a Stealth when I hear about them being available. I purchased my LR RWD in March and received the $2,500 CA rebate.

So now that there is a limit of one rebate per person, things get a little weird. I’m required to keep my car 30 months to keep the entire rebate. If I were to sell now they would claw back all but 9/30’s of the amount.

If I bought a stealth I would not be eligible for the rebate due to the cap of one per person. So even though I’m just trading one Model 3 for another one, I would lose most of the first rebate and be ineligible for the second rebate.

Something to think about if you have an itch to trade up.