Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think the cyber truck price raise up big time when the truck gets really close to production? I put an order in over a year ago but my guess is I wind get one for few years because of how many orders are ahead of me.

There was never a Quad motor option So you can;t have a 50% price hike on something that did not exist before
Boom

Attachments

• EC0B6857-6255-415F-BB35-D22C7718F927.jpeg
    EC0B6857-6255-415F-BB35-D22C7718F927.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0
Rising prices of Model 3s and Ys. When the Cybertruck was announced, the Y LR was ~52k; it’s now ~66k. Ford’s prices haven’t moved much, if at all. They are still offering the Pro for under 40k.

You think the Cybertruck prices are going to stay at their announced prices?

This comment didn’t age well.

Upvote 0
To date Tesla plans based on cost. They then price based on actual demand.

I( don't see how Model Y price history is relevant to the argument that the CT will be relatively inexpensive. The Model Y was priced correctly at launch. That MY price increased substantially when demand increased relative to production. The recent dramatic Model Y price decreases are based on demand relative to the production plan decreasing.

I do expect an inexpensive base model. I don't expect them to build that model in 24/25. Many people likely have this same view on the base model.

Reactions: cusetownusa
Upvote 0
To date Tesla plans based on cost. They then price based on actual demand.

I( don't see how Model Y price history is relevant to the argument that the CT will be relatively inexpensive. The Model Y was priced correctly at launch. That MY price increased substantially when demand increased relative to production. The recent dramatic Model Y price decreases are based on demand relative to the production plan decreasing.

I do expect an inexpensive base model. I don't expect them to build that model in 24/25. Many people likely have this same view on the base model.
2 reasons; 1) regardless of model (ie S, 3, X, or Y), announce prices have been pretty close to actual prices when the vehicles came out; there wasn’t any major discrepancy that I recall. So I don’t see Tesla ‘pulling-a-Rivian’ and jacking up prices on a whim after announcing prices. 2) Of course, recent events have wreaked havoc on the economy and prices are fluctuating. All models started going up in ‘21 and all models came down in ‘23. That said, I prefer to base my estimates on the Y since Y pricing was closest to CT announce prices when the CT was announced. If something in the economy is impacting Y pricing (up or down), I think it’s reasonable it’ll similarly impact the CT pricing as well.

Reactions: Ogre
Upvote 0