Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck announce prices may actually happen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Black306

Oct 14, 2019
Sacramento
Model Y Long Range was ~52k when the Cybertruck was announced….MY LR just dropped 53k. 🤞 CT DM is ~50k.

01A12F83-E7C3-4A0B-8D42-06790662DAAC.jpeg

The Cybertruck will not drop in price period. It’s a Truck that supposedly will be Tesla’s best product ever and you expect them to keep their promise of a $40k truck? No, the Cybertruck will start at $80k. ICE Trucks are expensive and there is no reason EVs will be any different

I thought the S and X were the high end vehicles.... don't count Elon out. He wants to push out as many electric vehicles as possible. People have "lost" money by misjudging Elon. Don't repeat those same mistakes.

Price is always a function of demand supply, and Tesla will set that as such. Until production ramps up and Tesla is confident on supply, it ain’t gonna be available at launch prices, at least in near term.
The reality is that we don't really know, who saw this massive of price reductions across the board? If tesla is playing the long game and wants to put the screws to the competition, they will price it low. As low as original, probably not but very likely under $60k. I think the dual motor will be $59k, Tri-motor $79k, and 4 motor $114. We will all know soon as production is slated to start in April.

Tesla has quite a few used cars for sale. They are going to have to lower the prices on those soon. I counted 70 Model S, 200 Model 3 and 51 Model y cars for sale

wow. they usually dump them to auction like dealers at a certain point. But auction market is flooded now too per previous post

I'm not seeing X prices drop as much as I like though https://www.carvana.com/cars/tesla-...9ydEJ5IjoiTG93ZXN0UHJpY2UifQ==&email-capture=

I'd rather buy thru TSLA for warranty but they make it really hard

Reactions: slvervper99
Lets also remember that tesla adds FSD at 0 cost to them. As example residual on the MY is $24k from lease, add FSD and mark up to $40k. They can lower the price to $28k with FSD included... they will eventually.

I am surprised why they want do more used business doing this. Every time I ask/text a store rep they ignore used sales