Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck FS now or wait?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Highland is a refresh after 6 years. The CT will get one too, in 5-6 years, but this is the truck they are delivering for a while.

The only thing waiting will get you is a lower chance of having failures. There's a relatively high failure in brand new releases. Those failures will be fixed and repaired under warranty, but it is a cost with being an early adopter (as well as missing features such as FSD).

If you can afford it and want a truck, it's easily the smoothest, most quiet Tesla that has ever been produced. It's fun to drive and capable, but it's also the most expensive Tesla.

Reactions: Knickstape
Knick, I don't agree with Ewoodrick in this instance. I see constant evolution in the future EV space. In particular battery technology, but let's not forget how massively improved Highland is over the previous model 3. It's pretty impressive, and it's certainly not just software.

One can always wait for the next iteration of something. Indeed doing so is often wise. I have, as an example, a very early a reservation on a Ramcharger. Will I exercise that? Probably not.

OTOH, if it meets your need and you're going to be happy with the cost metrics than screw it, life is short. I simply caution you not to expect great resale value. In fact I'm personally pretty pessimistic about its market viability. Mind you I do things w/my F-150 that CT couldn't so perhaps I'm biased.
I'm not sure how you disagree and then basically say the same thing.

Yes, there are redesigns, such as the Highland. That didn't come after a year or two, that was 6+ years after the Model 3 introduction in 2017.
The Model Y redesign will be similar, 5+ years. And it was the same with the Model S and Model X.

And let's look at the battery technology. Did someone say that the Model 3, Model Y and Cybertruck all get basically the same range?

The probability that the Cybertruck is going to make any significant changes in 3 years is near 0. There will be smaller, incremental changes, but NOTHING like yall seem to be expecting. The batteries aren't going to change.

Feel free to wait for the non-FS, and you can rationalize it however you want. But a vehicle change isn't going to occur.

Reactions: Knickstape