Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck Image Leaked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. Seems like the very top could have been flat for a couple of feet.

PPZ5CRh.jpg
People sit a lot lower in the Cybertruck than in the F-150. The battery pack is a lot thinner than the drive train + ladder frame + truck body which the F-150 has. There were some 6’ + people in the back seat on the launch night who said there was plenty of headroom in the back.

People sit a lot lower in the Cybertruck than in the F-150. The battery pack is a lot thinner than the drive train + ladder frame + truck body which the F-150 has. There were some 6’ + people in the back seat on the launch night who said there was plenty of headroom in the back.
Never known any truck owners who thought it was a benefit to sit lower, usually the opposite. I'm with the small flat area on top guy.
The vehicle was designed by non truck people.
F150 type trucks could probably lower the seats a bit, but they like to maximize underseat storage.

This would still be extreme, but make more sense imho
T1.jpg

Reactions: scottf200
Actually we don't know if they're double stacking the cells or not, or do we?

I guess I'm an outlier in that I went from thinking the CT looked pretty whacky at first, to really liking it now. Seems to me that the others are just trying to be ICE trucks that have been electrified whereas the CT is taking full advantage of being an EV from the get go.

I'm also what many would call a 'truck guy' in that I have to carry heavy tools/ dirty spare parts/ large people etc nearly daily for business. Then I am mountain biking with friends or family w/ dogs nearly every weekend, and I see only improvements in truck functionality with the CT.

Safe secure storage is a primary concern for me and it looks like a CT can hide an entire $10K mountain bike (or whatever) on it's side in the bed under a protected metal cover, something no other truck can do. Then you have Frunk storage for huge amounts of gear that is essentially rattling around the cab full time on my current Denali. A major space waster and damaging to the gear and truck as well.

Not every product is going to fit every lifestyle and the CT is no different. If you intend to haul a 5th wheel, you certainly should be looking in an entirely different direction.

Heck, 75% of truck owners don't tow at all (I'm one of those) and many people only use the bed for Costco runs. I'm not knocking these people, it's just the reality of the suburban life that many of us lead. Tesla is wise to go after this market segment.

I guess I'm an outlier in that I went from thinking the CT looked pretty whacky at first, to really liking it now. Seems to me that the others are just trying to be ICE trucks that have been electrified whereas the CT is taking full advantage of being an EV from the get go.

I'm also what many would call a 'truck guy' in that I have to carry heavy tools/ dirty spare parts/ large people etc nearly daily for business. Then I am mountain biking with friends or family w/ dogs nearly every weekend, and I see only improvements in truck functionality with the CT.

Safe secure storage is a primary concern for me and it looks like a CT can hide an entire $10K mountain bike (or whatever) on it's side in the bed under a protected metal cover, something no other truck can do. Then you have Frunk storage for huge amounts of gear that is essentially rattling around the cab full time on my current Denali. A major space waster and damaging to the gear and truck as well.

Not every product is going to fit every lifestyle and the CT is no different. If you intend to haul a 5th wheel, you certainly should be looking in an entirely different direction.

Heck, 75% of truck owners don't tow at all (I'm one of those) and many people only use the bed for Costco runs. I'm not knocking these people, it's just the reality of the suburban life that many of us lead. Tesla is wise to go after this market segment.
Those are good opinions, I'm always up for new ideas in truck storage and usage. Rivian does a decent job.
I'm a DIY, I go hunting, fishing, etc.
ctruckbed.jpg

This is what I see:
1. Water and snow slide right off the top and into the bed. When a retract top opens, it will deposit snow, water, etc onto your stuff in the back.
2. Where are the drain holes? you have to have drain holes. The only hole I see are the tie downs.
3. Tie downs: WTF are these? sharp and angular holes? That isn't going to work. Some guy goes to Home Depot and pulls that orange
string through those tight... might as well cut it with scissors.
4. Is there a tailgate gap? Need something there for water and dirt to go through.
5. Need tie downs, or something, anything up there. What are those? lights to look pretty? Is there anywhere to hook on up high??
6. Underbed storage or spare tire? Nice idea, but not if you have to empty your bed along the highway to access a spare.
Without drain holes, maybe the water can just fill this up. Rivian's is exceptionally bad, but looks great in a showroom.

Also can you give me some handles on the doors and tailgate that I can open with gloves on and key/phone in my pocket?

Looks cool in a design studio, take the truck to Depot and load up a bunch of stuff in bad weather.

Edit... give me an embedded cleat like this big enough to get a ratchet strap hook through. and put a couple in the bed behind the cab.

Attachments

• ct cleat.jpg
    ct cleat.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Reactions: Suns_PSD
Those are good opinions, I'm always up for new ideas in truck storage and usage. Rivian does a decent job.
View attachment 766443
This is what I see:
1. Water and snow slide right off the top and into the bed. When a retract top opens, it will deposit snow, water, etc onto your stuff in the back.
2. Where are the drain holes? you have to have drain holes. The only hole I see are the tie downs.
3. Tie downs: WTF are these? sharp and angular holes? That isn't going to work. Some guy goes to Home Depot and pulls that orange
4. Is there a tailgate gap? Need something there for water and dirt to go through.
5. Need tie downs, or something, anything up there. What are those? lights to look pretty? Is there anywhere to hook on up high??
6. Underbed storage or spare tire? Nice idea, but not if you have to empty your bed along the highway to access a spare.
Without drain holes, maybe the water can just fill this up. Rivian's is exceptionally bad, but looks great in a showroom.

Also can you give me some handles on the doors and tailgate that I can open with gloves on and key/phone in my pocket?

Looks cool in a design studio, take the truck to Depot and load up a bunch of stuff in bad weather.
No handles, it will open for you automatically.

Reactions: Ogre and JRP3
View attachment 766443
This is what I see:

Edit... give me an embedded cleat like this big enough to get a ratchet strap hook through. and put a couple in the bed behind the cab.
First, you are looking at a render. This is not the final truck or even a real truck it was done years ago. Most of your comments don’t apply to the actual current version of the truck… most never even applied to the original prototype. There are plenty of photos of the actual working version if you want to take another look. They even have some with loads strapped down using the tie downs.

Much like any truck with a bed cover, you have to clear snow off before you open it. Its a lot easier when you have gravity helping you like this.

Dont know about the tailgate, but the doors will work fine with gloves on. Likely the tailgate as well but since it’s not shipping and examples are scarce we don’t know.

Mostly… we don’t know. Real world interaction by non Tesla people is very limited. But as I said above, most of the stuff you are complaining about is already addressed.

Reactions: WhiteWi and JRP3
2. My Tacoma has no drain holes, nor did any of my older trucks. Was never an issue.
3. Only if you assume those are thin sheet metal with no edge radius. I'd bet they aren't.
4. Disagree, I hate when dirt, chips, etc fall into the tailgate gap and need to be dug out. No gap is better.
5. I see the tailgate latches to hook to, the same as my other trucks, plus it looks as if there may be popup tie downs above the lights.

Doors will pop open, hands free, like on the X.

Edit: Plus as Ogre said this is a render and the bed is already different.

Reactions: WhiteWi
First, you are looking at a render. This is not the final truck or even a real truck it was done years ago. Most of your comments don’t apply to the actual current version of the truck… most never even applied to the original prototype. There are plenty of photos of the actual working version if you want to take another look. They even have some with loads strapped down using the tie downs.

Much like any truck with a bed cover, you have to clear snow off before you open it. Its a lot easier when you have gravity helping you like this.

Dont know about the tailgate, but the doors will work fine with gloves on. Likely the tailgate as well but since it’s not shipping and examples are scarce we don’t know.

Mostly… we don’t know. Real world interaction by non Tesla people is very limited. But as I said above, most of the stuff you are complaining about is already addressed.
iu

This is not a render. Only diff I see is the tailgate gap cover missing.

Never known any truck owners who thought it was a benefit to sit lower, usually the opposite. I'm with the small flat area on top guy.
The vehicle was designed by non truck people.
I've had trucks with no back seat, my current one has fold down jump seats. I don't really care about the back seats, I'd rather have jump seats and either a longer bed or shorter truck.

2. My Tacoma has no drain holes, nor did any of my older trucks. Was never an issue.
3. Only if you assume those are thin sheet metal with no edge radius. I'd bet they aren't.
4. Disagree, I hate when dirt, chips, etc fall into the tailgate gap and need to be dug out. No gap is better.
5. I see the tailgate latches to hook to, the same as my other trucks, plus it looks as if there may be popup tie downs above the lights.

Doors will pop open, hands free, like on the X.

Edit: Plus as Ogre said this is a render and the bed is already different.
Hard to believe. Every truck Ive owned has been dripping blood at some point.
A friend had a sport trac with no drain holes, unless he went uphill he would have water back there.

After seeing the vehicle with the gap cover off, I take it back. Can simply take the thing off.

Again, not a ton of great images/ experience with the truck.

But to me, the tie downs in the most recent versions look spot on.

1644349506228.png

They are close to the bed, so you can properly strap down low loads.

There is also an accessory rail at bed height you can just barely see it in the upper corners here. Very good for tying down bikes or larger loads.

The thing is.

Bickering over how good a non-shipping product is pointless.

I could point out about how much faster it will charge; how much longer the range will be; how much more comfortable the suspension will be; how much more durable the side panels; etc etc etc… all very likely.

You could complain about a million things like tie down locations and drainage.

But it’s pure speculation at this point. Until they actually ship them, it’s a moving target. It’s not better or worse than the Ford or the Rivian right now because it doesn’t exist.

Also, since we’re apparently in full retread mode.

1644352796512.jpeg

Utility slots have been part of the bed design from the start and are retained in the current design. They are now silver rails on the black/ composite bed (visible in the shot I posted above).

Reactions: MorrisonHiker