Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck Image Leaked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this has been articulated quite well. cybertruck is a one size fits all, truck buyers prefer customization.
I recall during the reveal, one of the first posts was: How do I pull a 5th wheel with that??

Attachments

• cyber-fifth-wheel.jpeg
    cyber-fifth-wheel.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Funny
Reactions: ohmman
I’ve never scraped ice off my Model X, just preheat and brush. I still carry a scraper in winter but it goes unused.
I've had occasion to scrape ice. Salt spray will still freeze up on the wiper blades when driving at highway speeds. Pre-heating can melt accumulated snow and ice, but it seems to take a good amount of time and I don't always remember to do it before leaving work. We also have the occasional freezing rain and that stuff needs to be removed from the entire car or it could blow off in sheets when you're driving.

if Tesla wants to grow deliveries +50% every year from now on over the next few years... they definitely need a Model 2 at some point. Model 3 and Y are great but also pretty expensive and *not* competing with the volume segment of subcompact EV's. Particularly in Europe and China that's a large market.

Wall Street wanted to hear exactly that during the earnings call and instead were told about AI Robots and FSD ... hence the stock price dip

if Tesla wants to grow deliveries +50% every year from now on over the next few years... they definitely need a Model 2 at some point. Model 3 and Y are great but also pretty expensive and *not* competing with the volume segment of subcompact EV's. Particularly in Europe and China that's a large market.

Wall Street wanted to hear exactly that during the earnings call and instead were told about AI Robots and FSD ... hence the stock price dip

You're not wrong but what does this have to do with the Cybertruck?

i really wish Tesla would speed up a Model 2 faster and delay or shelve the Cybertruck until they have a thought through design and a truck they can sell in Europe as well....

Terrible idea. Trucks have much better margins than compacts. Going for a design that caters to Europeans would be a mistake, TAM for trucks in Europe is tiny compared to the US.

Now if you said "I wish they would start design & engineering on a compact car so that they can bring it to market sometime in 2024" then I would agree.

If Tesla wants to grow deliveries significantly, make an SUV similar in size to the model X, but costs half as much. Go up against Grand cherokee, explorer, range rover, telluride, highlander, acadia etc etc etc...

Reactions: texas_star_TM3

Musk said flat out on the earnings call that any new model they produce is at the expense of existing volume. Doesn’t make any sense at all to release a $25k car when they can’t meet demand for their $45k car.

Once they’ve got wait lists down to something like 2 weeks instead of 6 months, and have the Cybertruck out, then they can start worrying about low end cars.

No point in pushing out a cheap car when they can’t keep up with demand for their current lineup.

Leaving semantics aside, which are not worth arguing, what does not convince you of its functionality?
I'm curious how something with an exoskeleton can pass crash safety specs or have crumple zones. I'm curious how much headroom those poor back seat passengers will have with such a steep downslope. Or, depending on the seating position, will the driver smash his head on the cyberwindshield? I'm curious how having such tough glass will hinder rescue or cause unforseen complications. There's a reason why only the front glass is made so strong in cars. I'm hoping that a whole bar of LED headlights won't blind everyone in front of them. I'm curious how functional the high sides on a truck will be. Like was mentioned, I'm curious how men who work and play hard with trucks (with say, thick gloves, thick calloused hands, etc) will deal with such dainty buttons and touch screens or that ridiculous yoke steering wheel. Seems like a mismatch and that it's a posed to be a toy for EV evangelist instead of a work truck for workers. I'm curious how much those ridiculous offroading tires will destroy range. ...and finally, like I said before, I'm curious if even 500 miles will be enough. You'll lose 1/3 of that at highway speeds, 1/3 due to any weather/environmental/mud tires, etc, and whatever range is left will be cut in half when towing. Seems like effectively, when used for truck things, you might get 150 miles. Yes, that's technically enough to get from SC to SC, but, that's a drag. How will current SC setups accommodate CTs that are towing?

All concerns. Not insurmountable. Not saying it's certain. ...but I am waiting to be convinced.

I'm curious how something with an exoskeleton can pass crash safety specs or have crumple zones. I'm curious how much headroom those poor back seat passengers will have with such a steep downslope. Or, depending on the seating position, will the driver smash his head on the cyberwindshield? I'm curious how having such tough glass will hinder rescue or cause unforseen complications. There's a reason why only the front glass is made so strong in cars. I'm hoping that a whole bar of LED headlights won't blind everyone in front of them. I'm curious how functional the high sides on a truck will be. Like was mentioned, I'm curious how men who work and play hard with trucks (with say, thick gloves, thick calloused hands, etc) will deal with such dainty buttons and touch screens or that ridiculous yoke steering wheel. Seems like a mismatch and that it's a posed to be a toy for EV evangelist instead of a work truck for workers. I'm curious how much those ridiculous offroading tires will destroy range. ...and finally, like I said before, I'm curious if even 500 miles will be enough. You'll lose 1/3 of that at highway speeds, 1/3 due to any weather/environmental/mud tires, etc, and whatever range is left will be cut in half when towing. Seems like effectively, when used for truck things, you might get 150 miles. Yes, that's technically enough to get from SC to SC, but, that's a drag. How will current SC setups accommodate CTs that are towing?

All concerns. Not insurmountable. Not saying it's certain. ...but I am waiting to be convinced.
Much of this was answered in the intro video and by people who were in the test drives.

Supercharger situation is going to suck for towing.

Range issues with trailers also won’t likely be clear until people are driving it.

Much of this was answered in the intro video and by people who were in the test drives.

Supercharger situation is going to suck for towing.

Range issues with trailers also won’t likely be clear until people are driving it.
I don't trust prototype test drives that are tightly controlled by Tesla and only given to people likely to give positive press. It's biased and could always change anyway. I'll wait until real purchasers/owners start reviewing them.

Then why did you make your previous statement?
It's obvious that an AI engineer working on the bot isn't going to work on the CT rollout. However, at a macro level my statement was correct. It just seems that Tesla is spreading itself thin, working on a new bot when they haven't released CT, the Semi or the roadster that were announced years ago. Every company has finite resources and it appears that Tesla is investing resources in a new far fetched bot, when they can't even deliver on their backlog. It's as if Elon has product ADD.

Reactions: DblOSmith