Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck Image Leaked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see silver rails, only ridges in the composite bed.
Edit: I guess you mean the rails on the sides.
Silver rails here

1644359517085.jpeg

about even with the tail light

Reactions: WhiteWi and JRP3
Might be an optional upgrade since it's probably expensive to build and most people probably wouldn't want it.
If it’s an electric lift gate, It won’t matter, but otherwise seems like a lot of weight to be lifting every time you open your truck.

Someone else pointed out it’s also very likely to bend, then you are stuck in the middle of nowhere with ramps at half-mast.

No slot in tailgate for the slide in ramp
Might be an optional upgrade since it's probably expensive to build and most people probably wouldn't want it.

Yeah I'm fine with that option going away, thinking about cost and production. But would be nice to ride bikes right into the bed!

Rivian had a 180* tailgate, but looks like that was dropped Rivian R1T's new tailgate patent makes for effortless loading and unloading
The Rivian "gooseneck" tailgate hinge is interesting. Adds a little more (needed) length to the bed. And with the cover over the bed/tailgate gap, minimize debris falling into that space. This is one feature I'd like to see become standard on tailgates. See @scottf200 post #34 at Anyone switching to a Rivian R1T after watching reviews?

Reactions: Ogre
Uhm, you do have holes. There are gaps the width of the bed behind the cab, pretty standard on current trucks.
They try to avoid narrow slits because of how easily they get plugged and how inefficient they are.
View attachment 766843

That's not my truck, just an example of a truck bed without drain holes. You may be correct that it's open for drainage, my truck doesn't look like that, nor did any of my other trucks from years ago. Somehow they all survived, any rust through came from the outside because of salt. Not an issue with current composite beds. Simply put a lack of drain holes is not the issue you want to make it to be.

That's not my truck, just an example of a truck bed without drain holes. You may be correct that it's open for drainage, my truck doesn't look like that, nor did any of my other trucks from years ago. Somehow they all survived, any rust through came from the outside because of salt. Not an issue with current composite beds. Simply put a lack of drain holes is not the issue you want to make it to be.
most truck beds drain through the tailgate. if not - you'd have a lake in the bed during heavy downpours or going through the car wash... but you dont

most truck beds drain through the tailgate. if not - you'd have a lake in the bed during heavy downpours or going through the car wash... but you dont
Not sure why this conversation is even still going since it’s pretty clear the Cybertruck drains exactly the same way most trucks do, through the tailgate. This whole drain conversation started when @Barklikeadog assumed the Cybertruck vault would hold water. Pretty clearly not a problem.

FWIW, my Tundra would get an inch or two of rainwater in the bed depending on how it was parked. The bed liner prevented rust and as soon as I started driving it would slosh out. Cybertruck will likely be the same. Current pictures certainly suggest as much. Cover might even eliminate it entirely.

Reactions: CyberGus and JRP3
Never known any truck owners who thought it was a benefit to sit lower, usually the opposite. I'm with the small flat area on top guy.
The vehicle was designed by non truck people.
F150 type trucks could probably lower the seats a bit, but they like to maximize underseat storage.

This would still be extreme, but make more sense imho
View attachment 766357

A higher center-of-gravity diminishes a vehicle's performance in virtually every way. The only advantages to height are:
  1. traversing rough terrain, and
  2. visibility beyond an expansive hood
The CT has a minimal hood, and plenty of ground clearance. I see no advantage to additional height.