Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck Image Leaked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When asked about what else is holding back the Cybertruck besides battery production, Musk said that the pricing and what people are willing to pay for the included tech is the main issue “How do we make the Cybertruck affordable?” he said. The Cybertruck originallyhad a starting price of $39,900 at its unveiling event in 2019.

BTW, It looks like it has the Model S/X interior?

it looks like Tesla unveiled a very early prototype and then lost somehow interest / focus. We are now over 2yrs later and they still haven't figured out details like the wipers / door handles yes/ no and other items. Nor have we read the usual reports of large scale road-testing of prototypes in cold/ hot places.
maybe they start production in 2023 but i wouldn't expect them diverting resources to the CT in Austin while the high margin Model Y is selling like sliced bread.
One of the absolute BEST things about it is that it lit a hot fire under Ford, GM, and others to get into the BEV truck game. That is a key turning point.

When asked about what else is holding back the Cybertruck besides battery production, Musk said that the pricing and what people are willing to pay for the included tech is the main issue “How do we make the Cybertruck affordable?” he said. The Cybertruck originallyhad a starting price of $39,900 at its unveiling event in 2019.

BTW, It looks like it has the Model S/X interior?
One way to make it affordable would be to not try to jam as much tech in it as possible. 4 motors are great but not required. 4 wheel steering is not really needed. That would be a start. Instead, we gonna end up with a Plaid CT with over 1000hp and a $100K price tag...

There is no getting around it, this is not an attractive vehicle. The shape is weird, the wheels are ugly, the fender flares suck, the yoke steering wheel is not practical if you have to go hand over hand to turn and it is the same color as my kitchen sink. If it was the only EV pickup available at the price points they proposed then it would sell but I am not so sure anymore. There is compelling competition now. Once Ford and GM ramp up their battery production and get past the mega priced launch editions, 9/10 people in the market will go with a Silverado or F150 over this. Most just want a more practical pickup with decent range. Tesla should have just used their same design language that works well on a full size pickup and call it a day.

I still see no mention of a frunk on this thing which would be a huge oversight in the EV truck market. It will not be the first choice as a work truck either as it lacks all the accessories that truck owners/fleet customers typically need. This will be a niche vehicle for the Tesla fan base.

Reservations prove you wrong. Aside from the yoke, which I hope won't be the only option, there's nothing about the Cybertruck that isn't practical.

Various comparisons out there. 75" vs 77.2"

DDzdHo7.jpg

6v5M5xW.jpg

PUxLTPU.jpg

The width numbers are wrong, you need to take the ones without mirrors as the CT at the unveil didn't have any.

Truly a face only a mother could love. It cracks me up to think of grown ass men driving around in these things.

How many ford EV trucks do you guys truly believe will be delivered over next year?!? My guess is <20k. Following year, maybe another 50k. So good luck getting one of those as well.
That's still a much larger number than 0, which is how many Cyber Trucks will deliver over the same period.

Elon the con artist strikes again.

Reservations prove you wrong. Aside from the yoke, which I hope won't be the only option, there's nothing about the Cybertruck that isn't practical.

The width numbers are wrong, you need to take the ones without mirrors as the CT at the unveil didn't have any.
no door handles for a truck used as a work truck is a pretty bad thing... and the yoke would kill it for most who tow (no variable steer ratio or drive by wire... just a chopped off steering wheel)

yup. and Tesla likely underestimated Ford's response and response time.
I'm not particularly high on GM but I think they are going to be a serious contender as well. The EV hummer has given them experience with "truck" features and their new battery platform. I'm happy with all serious contenders as this makes general good PR for BEVs.

Reactions: raptor5244
I agree but I think the issue will be that Tesla will basically have one or two trims of the CT in stainless. GM and Ford will still be ramping production as well but they will have a variety of trim levels, interior options, paint colors, wheel and tire packages, bed and cab configurations, accessories, etc. to suit all types of buyers and use cases.

Then Toyota could release a Tacoma EV pickup to maintain their dominance in the mid size truck space. The truck EV market will be a crowded space with many players, which is good as it will help drive down cost over time.

View attachment 760674
Seriously thinking of getting an EV tacoma if it looks like that and has good range.

Reactions: raptor5244
Probably fairly close, Tesla doesn't deviate that far from prototypes.

What we see is what we'll get, except we have no clue when.
Well, it did change since the prototype.
They did add four-wheel steering when other competitors were unveiled with it. July 2021
They also then added a four motor version when other competitors had it. Dec 2021

Hoping Tesla has a 'frunk' that lifts the 'grill' as well like both Ford and Chevrolet did. That is a great feature IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: texas_star_TM3