Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck Image Leaked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The guy is funny. "... You can put your produce in it. It looks like a stainless refrigerator." LOL.
Yes, but he and I are opposite: I want the front to look like it used to, like a stainless steel refrigerator, and I'm glad Tesla kept the rest the same, but he likes the probably focus-grouped rounded Astra barf minivan look in front and doesn't like the rest. Stop focus grouping things! Everybody knows focus groups are for failure! STOP USING FOCUS GROUPS!

• Funny
Reactions: tren01t
Why wouldn't you just raise it and do the same?
That's why I said "With the wiper in this location, I wouldn't be able to do that on the drivers side unless the wiper hinged off the windshield.". It might be able to, but I haven't seen it in any position besides resting. The wipers on my Model X are tucked down below the hood line and can only be changed in wiper service mode. Obviously if this is near the final design of the Cybertruck wiper, you wouldn't have to put it in service mode, but I'm interested in if it will hinge-lock up, and how much of the windshield will be covered.

Well.... it pretty much has all of the changes those of us who were critical pointed out.
Can't have a front 'bumper' like that
Need mirrors
Need wipers
Tires need to be under the flares
Need 3 lights due to width
etc etc
Elon: No no no, we are NOT making changes!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not sure what you're going on about:

1) Front bumper is pretty much identical.
2) Everybody knew mirrors were happening unless the US changed its laws in time (digital mirrors are already legal in the EU).
3) Everybody knew some form of wiper was happening.
4) Not a significant difference, they barely protruded at the unveil anyway.
5) 3 lights due to width were there at the unveil.

Yes, but he and I are opposite: I want the front to look like it used to, like a stainless steel refrigerator, and I'm glad Tesla kept the rest the same, but he likes the probably focus-grouped rounded Astra barf minivan look in front and doesn't like the rest. Stop focus grouping things! Everybody knows focus groups are for failure! STOP USING FOCUS GROUPS!

Agreed, because people are dumb and can't even look up dimensions (those at the unveil matched an F-150 supercrew with 5.5ft bed) we might be getting a small ass Cybertruck.

Last edited:
Not sure what you're going on about:

1) Front bumper is pretty much identical.
2) Everybody knew mirrors were happening unless the US changed its laws in time (digital mirrors are already legal in the EU).
3) Everybody knew some form of wiper was happening.
4) Not a significant difference, they barely protruded at the unveil anyway.
Everybody except Elon. For how long did he insist on no changes? Or "laser windshield wiper"? Or how they would get NHTSA to change?
I should search around here for 'laserbeam wiper' and see how giddy everyone was at the idea. Maybe check out the patent application.
it's ok to admit that some critics are right and he/his followers were wr...wr...wrong about something.

I watched the CT unveil. I was genuinely excited and interested and wanted one.... until it pulled out.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
I think my only issue will be accumulated snow and ice removal. When I remove the snow off my windshield, I usually use an extending brush and pull the snow towards me, working from both sides. With the wiper in this location, I wouldn't be able to do that on the drivers side unless the wiper hinged off the windshield. I think if the brush extended long enough, I could pull all the snow down the windshield and hood from the front, but scraping ice will be more difficult since it required more leverage on the brush.

Yeah, I'm talking about snowfall accumulated from leaving your Cybertruck outside since it won't fit in many garages. You need to clear that off before you drive.
Pre-heat the car before you even step outside, it should melt and slide right off. Also with adjustable suspension I'd think it would fit in most garages.

One of the questions I've always had with the CT was where the chargeport was going to be.
Since this hatch is only on the driver's side, I'm assuming I have my answer :p
View attachment 759472
Seems like a really bad place for the charge door, fender flares are likely the first thing to get damaged on a vehicle, especially a truck used off road or in construction.

Confirmed, a 2nd display behind the steering wheel

Attachments

• 0EF44479-BC4B-4E09-812B-7D50A14ED15A.jpeg
    0EF44479-BC4B-4E09-812B-7D50A14ED15A.jpeg
    492.8 KB · Views: 141
Another consideration regarding the vertical wiper and clearing snow that occurred to me as I was cleaning snow off my truck today, without a large horizontal hood sticking out and no horizontal wipers at the base of the windshield it would be easy to stand in front of the Cybertruck and pull snow straight down off the windshield and frunk in one motion, and the vertical wiper would be completely out of the way.

Another consideration regarding the vertical wiper and clearing snow that occurred to me as I was cleaning snow off my truck today, without a large horizontal hood sticking out and no horizontal wipers at the base of the windshield it would be easy to stand in front of the Cybertruck and pull snow straight down off the windshield and frunk in one motion, and the vertical wiper would be completely out of the way.
You mean directly onto yourself? :)

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec
getimage.asp

Cybertruck Snow-Removal Accessory
$199 or 1500 DOGE