Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the article and Tesla Social Media Arm is claiming it sold more Cybertrucks than F-150 Lightning but they don’t put out a number? Hilarious…..
That's a common marketing method for electronic products, they don't name the exact number for individual models because they don't want easy tracking by competitors, but if according to internal tracking it is a segment leader they will note it.

As for the claim, either it did or didn't, the registration reports probably will show it for sure when they come out later. From the recalls though, 3,878 units were made April 4th or older. 11,688 were built through June 6. Difference is 7810, so that is the volume for roughly 2 months. Ford sold around 7902 in Q2. So Tesla only needed to sell around 100 units from April 1st to April 4th and June 7th through end of June to beat Ford. I think it's a pretty safe bet they did.

What happened to outselling the F-150 period?
Did Tesla ever suggest it would outsell the gas F-150 in the first year? Production ramp wouldn't support that even if the demand was there. Currently the max factory capacity 125k, and their production rate is around half that.

Reactions: Yelobird
That's a common marketing method for electronic products, they don't name the exact number for individual models because they don't want easy tracking by competitors, but if according to internal tracking it is a segment leader they will note it.

As for the claim, either it did or didn't, the registration reports probably will show it for sure when they come out later. From the recalls though, 3,878 units were made April 4th or older. 11,688 were built through June 6. Difference is 7810, so that is the volume for roughly 2 months. Ford sold around 7902 in Q2. So Tesla only needed to sell around 100 units from April 1st to April 4th and June 7th through end of June to beat Ford. I think it's a pretty safe bet they did.

Did Tesla ever suggest it would outsell the gas F-150 in the first year? Production ramp wouldn't support that even if the demand was there. Currently the max factory capacity 125k, and their production rate is around half that.

Fanboys were all over this site claiming it would outsell the F-150…….. now its just the 2 years old Lightning, which is not surprising.

I will say I am seeing more on the road lately, very few do not have a wrap which is a shame.

Fanboys were all over this site claiming it would outsell the F-150…….. now its just the 2 years old Lightning, which is not surprising.

I will say I am seeing more on the road lately, very few do not have a wrap which is a shame.

We don't even know if it's outsold the Lightning because Tesla isn't transparent and does not disclose its sales by model.

Reactions: T3SLAROD

I know you state F150 often but pretty sure on an EV site most were referring to an EV F150 not the 49 year production of F150 ice trucks. After a 2 year head start I am impressed it’s actually caught up to the F150 EV already.

Reactions: Cal1
I know you state F150 often but pretty sure on an EV site most were referring to an EV F150 not the 49 year production of F150 ice trucks. After a 2 year head start I am impressed it’s actually caught up to the F150 EV already.

The F-150 EV is lacking in a lot of areas compared to the CT as more information comes out, especially software, its atrocious. That plus the big fan base Tesla has, I am not surprised, for this 1st year. I think Tesla still needs interior improvements at the selling price, but I guess I am wrong.

The F-150 EV is lacking in a lot of areas compared to the CT as more information comes out, especially software, its atrocious. That plus the big fan base Tesla has, I am not surprised, for this 1st year. I think Tesla still needs interior improvements at the selling price, but I guess I am wrong.
I would wager Ford especially the F150 has a MUCH bigger fan base over 50 years.