Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be fair, posting it is "doing reasonably well" just from a delivery event, doesn't make much sense. As others point out, it doesn't really give a good indication of relative volume vs competitors.

Rather makes more sense to look at delivery numbers:
960x0.jpg

For April:
Ford F-150 Lightning2,509
Tesla Cybertruck2,181

Of course Cybertruck is boosted by it still being in the early phase with initial pent up demand, so remains to see if it can maintain demand (especially with Silverado and Ram EV pickups also hitting the market), but at the moment seems to be doing ok.
Nice. Thought a fact validator said F150 was 2400 daily? Hmm may have missed that assumption estimate. Doubling monthly does seem reasonably well to me.

IMO, the CT is Tesla best driving vehicle as far as comfort, road noise, and drivability. It's the smoothest truck I've ever been in and I owned a Diesel Platinum F150 and had a F150 Lightning Platinum for a week.

I love it. Exponentially better driving than my 22 MS.
And it's bricked. Tesla will send a tow truck.

I was pulling into my drive way and it said power reduced, then it said rear steering disabled. At first it said, ok to drive may reset after exiting vehicle. I let it go to sleep and now it won't drive.

Cybertruck is such a scam. Tesla bypassing early reservation holders to see who will pony up an extra $20K ON TOP of a ~50% price increase on all models from reveal. Terrible ~320 mile range that will be like 250 miles in real life and 200 in winter. No spare tire. If you get a spare tire it will take up most of the bed.

"Range Extender" is never coming out and is complete Tesla BS vaporware. That would take up the remaining bed space. Not even a way to connect it in the bed. So a Cybertruck with spare and range extender isn't even a pickup truck anymore. Tesla's idiotic fixed headrest seats that give you neck pain after an hour.

Stupid white interior on a truck. No opening moonroof or rear window are huge misses. No HVAC in the bed as promised. Towing is going to be laughable with that tiny 123 kWh battery. The sales of this truck will tank once Tesla scams all of the "gotta have it now" Tesla fan-bois out of an extra $20K while pissing off the rest of their customers by putting them to the end of the line.

The REAL price of the Cybertruck is dual motor $100K and Tri-motor $120K. Only "Founders Editions" will be made for 2024/2025. The RWD is also vaporware and not coming out for many many many years if at all. Neither is the "$80K AWD" or "$100K Beast".
This post didn't hold up very well.....LOL

Broken steering linkage…
That’s scary.

Drive-by-wire is superficially a little scary, but the assertion is that there’s so much redundancy that the chances of a major failure is vanishingly small. Of course, the steering linkage can also fail in a normal, mechanical system. And I hope the software senses a problem and renders the truck immobile when such a failure occurs - hopefully at rest.

Really curious as to the failure mode here. It would be a shame to have another physical recall, but I think if there’s a weak link anywhere in the system, it sure seems that one would be prudent.

Reactions: navguy12
That’s scary.

Drive-by-wire is superficially a little scary, but the assertion is that there’s so much redundancy that the chances of a major failure is vanishingly small. Of course, the steering linkage can also fail in a normal, mechanical system. And I hope the software senses a problem and renders the truck immobile when such a failure occurs - hopefully at rest.

Really curious as to the failure mode here. It would be a shame to have another physical recall, but I think if there’s a weak link anywhere in the system, it sure seems that one would be prudent.
Given all the lights, probably some offroad fun? Looks like the control part was perfectly fine, so doesn't seem like it had anything to do with steer by wire.

I'm pretty certain that graph is mislabeled.

Just replace 'F-Series' with 'Lightning' and it should all make sense.
I thought it was a given we are talking about the electric F-150? I don't think anyone expects a new pickup to beat the best selling gas passenger vehicle in the first year. I mean eventually Tesla did beat the Camry/Corolla, but that was never the initial assumption.

I think it would be considered doing fairly well to take the EV pickup sales crown, then things can go from there.