Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of the complaints about the CT's range and how much of a letdown that is....and they are sold out for the next 2+ years as we speak.

From Tesla's point of view - why change anything? How many other OEMs are dreaming about such a thing?

Celebrities and the "well off" don't care about range and towing and all of the things being complained about here.

The question is - what can anyone do to convince Tesla to stop selling these things at the current prices? Complain in a forum?
here we go again... a vehicle likely to be produced in *very* low numbers for the foreseeable future is "sold out". shocker. once every influencer has theirs and production exceeds these very low ramp up numbers... it'll be a different story. Tesla couldn't sell 100k+ annual produced CTs at $100k with those specs...

All the discussion about range just reminded me that ICE vehicles get better range in highway driving than city, which is an interesting dynamic to consider here and completely opposite of EVs that rely so heavily on regeneration while also not expending as much energy idling in traffic

Add to that the dynamic of EVs expending more energy in the cold compared to ICEs that largely use waste heat from the engine to heat the cabin etc

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
here we go again... a vehicle likely to be produced in *very* low numbers for the foreseeable future is "sold out". shocker. once every influencer has theirs and production exceeds these very low ramp up numbers... it'll be a different story. Tesla couldn't sell 100k+ annual produced CTs at $100k with those specs...

Again and Again I say that with over 2 million reservations - Tesla can have high or low production numbers and still sell out ever CT for 2 years +. Even if production volume of the CT is the same as the model I. My prediction would remain the same.

Again and Again I say that with over 2 million reservations - Tesla can have high or low production numbers and still sell out ever CT for 2 years +. Even if production volume of the CT is the same as the model I. My prediction would remain the same.
people ain't waiting 2+ yrs for a truck with specs which are just "average" in the year 2024 ... by 2026+ you have the second gen F150 Lightning being delivered, the RAM EV, the Silverado EV in larger numbers as well as the R1T with the new Georgia plant..., this linear thinking isn't how business' works. Tesla technically "sold out for years" the Model 3 production line as well with pre-orders - yet after just one year you could get one with just weeks of wait...

• Helpful
people ain't waiting 2+ yrs for a truck with specs which are just "average" in the year 2024 ... by 2026+ you have the second gen F150 Lightning being delivered, the RAM EV, the Silverado EV in larger numbers as well as the R1T with the new Georgia plant..., this linear thinking isn't how business' works. Tesla technically "sold out for years" the Model 3 production line as well with pre-orders - yet after just one year you could get one with just weeks of wait...

I am.

I'm getting the beast whenever they allow me to configure. I don't care if its tomorrow or in the next 2 years.

Send the personal insults. Don't care. Thats what usually comes next in these discussions.

• Love
Reactions: SO16
All of the complaints about the CT's range and how much of a letdown that is....and they are sold out for the next 2+ years as we speak.

From Tesla's point of view - why change anything? How many other OEMs are dreaming about such a thing?

Celebrities and the "well off" don't care about range and towing and all of the things being complained about here.

The question is - what can anyone do to convince Tesla to stop selling these things at the current prices? Complain in a forum?

Order page says "delivery in 2024."

Remember, some live by the saying.... "Never let the facts ruin a good story...." To each! 🥂

Yes they are. If you watch all of the videos from last week you will see over and over again that the model y's are now all casted. Casted model y's only have the 4680 battery packs. Tesla doesn't make a non-4680 structural battery pack per the Tesla engineers.
Again, Tesla is not currently selling 4680 MYs. You've made an incorrect leap.

People getting delivery of MYs from Austin are getting 2170s, this is easily verifiable.

That’s exactly the point us “Debbie Downers” are trying to make.

We all know Tesla can get off their ass and put out a superior product than anyone else.

But what happens? The Social Media Stars,Fanboys and Celebrities buy it, giving Tesla a sense that they have created a top product when they really haven’t. You think celebrities care whether it mid pack? No, it’s about the “look at me and point”

As far as “sold out” my understanding is they are already in the RN 13xxx, so I doubt it’s “sold out”…… just more HYPE

Again,

Model Y Castings are being used in GigaTexas. They certianly are. Castings can only be configured with 4680's. If they are selling both 2170's AND 4680's - Fine with me.
What you are saying is incorrect.

Let's go back to the announcement of castings per Elon:

“The Model Y made here and in Berlin will have a cast front body and a cast rear body,” Musk said. The Fremont-based Model Y carries a “cast rear body, but not a cast front body,” Musk said.

Musk said Tesla also planned to outfit the Texas and Germany Model Ys with a “structural pack” containing 4680 battery cells. He said this offered both mass and cost reductions.

“We’re not counting on that as the only way to make things work,” Musk said. He said the OEM had developed a backup plan involving a nonstructural battery pack with 2170 cells, but it ultimately desired to use the structural pack and 4680 cells at scale production. This was the lightest and cheapest option, he said.

Again, all MYs being delivered from Austin are 2170s...that may change in the future, but hasn't, yet.

• Informative
What you are saying is incorrect.

Let's go back to the announcement of castings per Elon:

“The Model Y made here and in Berlin will have a cast front body and a cast rear body,” Musk said. The Fremont-based Model Y carries a “cast rear body, but not a cast front body,” Musk said.

Musk said Tesla also planned to outfit the Texas and Germany Model Ys with a “structural pack” containing 4680 battery cells. He said this offered both mass and cost reductions.

“We’re not counting on that as the only way to make things work,” Musk said. He said the OEM had developed a backup plan involving a nonstructural battery pack with 2170 cells, but it ultimately desired to use the structural pack and 4680 cells at scale production. This was the lightest and cheapest option, he said.

Again, all MYs being delivered from Austin are 2170s...that may change in the future, but hasn't, yet.

watch Sandy Monroes video of his Model Y that his company bought and broke down out of giga texas.

Its a casted Model y that he broke down. He bought it free and clear. Its 4680's.

watch Sandy Monroes video of his Model Y that his company bought and broke down.

Its a casted Model y that he broke down. He bought it free and clear. Its 4680's.
That one was, these are not. Tesla stopped selling the MY AWD for battery supply for the CT. Both Berlin and Austin use front and rear castings on 2170 MYs. That's all that is being delivered currently. Tesla stopped selling the 4680 MY in September. There has been no rumor of that beginning again.

I agree 100%. However I believe that a non-constrained production would also have the CT sold out for the next 2+ years. I'm not convinced that Tesla is constrained - looking at all of the 4680 Model y's are flying out of gigatexas.
The production is extremely limited. Like less than 20 a day, limited and that's the only reason they command a six figure price tag. There is no market to sell at the scale of Model Ys.

You seem to fundamentally misunderstand our issues with the Cybertruck. It's not that it isn't cool or that it doesn't have cool tech. It's that it doesn't meet the needs of real humans who rely on their truck daily. Obviously for some it will but for most, it doesn't even come close. 20% of all truck sales are fleet and the CT already can't meet that need as most of those are converted for other uses (like you can't remove the bed of CT and put on a box).

Then comes the individual buyers of trucks. People who need to haul things, leave the truck in the cold, mud, rain and get to work sites that are a 50-100mi away. They don't want to plan a charge every 200mi. Those poeple are def not buying this at $100,000+.

That just leaves one real group: wealthy early adopters. And if you look at the Model S/X sales numbers, they don't really exist in true scale. Maybe 50,00-100,000 in the US. AT MOST.

People buy the Model Y because it's cheap and accessible. The CT is neither, it's a rich kid’s toy.