Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not going to continue arguing about this. If you have proof that Tesla is selling 4680 MYs again, post it...there isn't any, because they are not.

I just posted a video right above this one. Postg number 196. From about a year ago.

If you watch people taking tours of Giga Texas - you will see seats being mounted on the battery packs. Whenever you see that its a 4680 battery pack. There are tons more video's out there.

I watch at least 4 videos of Sandy Monroe and Joe T and many others per day about this stuff.

That one was, these are not. Tesla stopped selling the MY AWD for battery supply for the CT. Both Berlin and Austin use front and rear castings on 2170 MYs. That's all that is being delivered currently. Tesla stopped selling the 4680 MY in September. There has been no rumor of that beginning again.
A well know fact. I have an Austin built MY (actually, the wife does) that has castings and 4680s (the AWD version no longer produced. She got hers in May 2023. They stopped making these 4680 MY's early Fall 2023 - to build of 4680 battery inventory for the CT launch.

A well know fact. I have an Austin built MY (actually, the wife does) that has castings and 4680s (the AWD version no longer produced. She got hers in May 2023. They stopped making these 4680 MY's early Fall 2023 - to build of 4680 battery inventory for the CT launch.
link.

Because I still see Model Y castings being made in GigaTexas on videos every day - along with Sandy Monroe interviewing Larzs about the 6 ton press volume getting to be insane due to the model y's castings. This interview was after the CT delivery event.

link.

Because I still see Model Y castings being made in GigaTexas on videos every day - along with Sandy Monroe interviewing Larzs about the 6 ton press volume getting to be insane due to the model y's castings. This interview was after the CT delivery event.
I posted a link. Again, MYs with 2170s have front and rear castings with the 2170. Tesla discontinued the 4680 MY for the CT. It was removed from the website and there's been no sign of it's return.

The 4680 (AWD MY) was available for a short time period.

Reactions: GeoX750
Ok, you're trolling.
No kidding.... must not even watched their own posted video. It's a six month (18,000 mile) review of a 4680 AWD variant that we already said was a short lived unicorn (One we have). Six months ago was what, June-July? Yep, that falls within the April - October AWD production run.... If this wasn't so funny, it would be so sad....

Reactions: uscbucsfan
No kidding.... must not even watched their own posted video. It's a six month review of a 4680 AWD variant that we already said was a short lived unicorn (One we have). Six months ago was what, June-July? Yep, that falls within the April - October AWD production run.... If this wasn't so funny, it would be so sad....
You never know if people are joking or are just slow on these forums. I was trying to be accommodating.

Reactions: jebinc
Cybertruck is such a scam. Tesla bypassing early reservation holders to see who will pony up an extra $20K ON TOP of a ~50% price increase on all models from reveal. Terrible ~320 mile range that will be like 250 miles in real life and 200 in winter. No spare tire. If you get a spare tire it will take up most of the bed.

"Range Extender" is never coming out and is complete Tesla BS vaporware. That would take up the remaining bed space. Not even a way to connect it in the bed. So a Cybertruck with spare and range extender isn't even a pickup truck anymore. Tesla's idiotic fixed headrest seats that give you neck pain after an hour.

Stupid white interior on a truck. No opening moonroof or rear window are huge misses. No HVAC in the bed as promised. Towing is going to be laughable with that tiny 123 kWh battery. The sales of this truck will tank once Tesla scams all of the "gotta have it now" Tesla fan-bois out of an extra $20K while pissing off the rest of their customers by putting them to the end of the line.

The REAL price of the Cybertruck is dual motor $100K and Tri-motor $120K. Only "Founders Editions" will be made for 2024/2025. The RWD is also vaporware and not coming out for many many many years if at all. Neither is the "$80K AWD" or "$100K Beast".

The biggest scam is the charging time of 40-45 minutes to charge from 10%-80%.

The problem I see with the reported range of 254 miles is that in a year or so of driving the real world range will be around 230 miles. And since road travel is most efficient when the SoC is kept somewhere close to 15% (low end) to around 70% (upper end) this amount of range is unacceptable.

This is unfortunate as I think this to be an interesting vehicle with some amazing tech. The CT truly needs a "real" 300 mile range when off the assembly line.

Rich
Spot on. I learned with my current car to factor in a 20% reduction of range for long-term degradation, for anything I consider. Then take 80% of that number for your peak distance travel, to account for the 80% DC charging threshold. Buy a vehicle too close to your maximum range needs, and you'll find it no longer meeting those range requirements sooner than you think. Even taking towing out of the picture, that's why range is so critical.

Spot on. I learned with my current car to factor in a 20% reduction of range for long-term degradation, for anything I consider. Then take 80% of that number for your peak distance travel, to account for the 80% DC charging threshold. Buy a vehicle too close to your maximum range needs, and you'll find it no longer meeting those range requirements sooner than you think. Even taking towing out of the picture, that's why range is so critical.
Spot on spot on haha. I just multiply the EPA range by .65 and that's what I expect to get (so for 320mi EPA range, that's ~210mi of real world maximun distance traveled between charges). Sometimes I may get more, but that's gravy.

Also, if you have in your brain before you buy the car that all road trips will be 20-25% longer, you won't be frustrated when you need to SC. Home charging still beats the hell out of getting gas multiple times a month!

Part of the problem is Tesla always wants to be the "Fastest production XX" which is fine when a sedan or CUV can also get decent range.

With Trucks, "The Fastest" means jack. They could have added that range extender to the Frunk since it's pretty much useless. I mean these people are smart, it's like the range extender was an afterthought after they found out their "aerodynamic" design wasn't going to net any type of range improvement over the Lightning "Brick"

Part of the problem is Tesla always wants to be the "Fastest production XX" which is fine when a sedan or CUV can also get decent range.

With Trucks, "The Fastest" means jack. They could have added that range extender to the Frunk since it's pretty much useless. I mean these people are smart, it's like the range extender was an afterthought after they found out their "aerodynamic" design wasn't going to net any type of range improvement over the Lightning "Brick"
oh yeah... i forgot the countless mocking of Rivian and F150 Lightning as aerodynamic bricks and how the Cybertruck would be getting superior range by having terrific aerodynamics alone. lol. that aged well.