Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd say he's more of a realist than a shill but yeah, he does gush a bit too much about Tesla egineering.

Also he comes at everything from a cost perspective. And that perspective is often at the cost of the customer experience.
Munro's sole consideration seems to be how cheaply a car can be slapped together by the manufacturer.
I stopped watching him quite a while ago but I recall him doing a teardown of the VW ID.4 when it came to market. That ID.4 had a very solid build quality below the skin, with plenty of metal components and the use of plenty of screws instead of plastic clips. Munro was going on all the time about how they could have used plastic clips instead of screws, plastic components instead of metal ones and how they could have glued parts together, instead of using plenty of screws.
He gave absolutely no consideration to aspects of longevity and the possibilities to recycle or to repair any components once the car was a couple of years old.
Any car that Munro consults on I would consider as a car to avoid.
Given recent events I wonder if Boeing has their own versions of Sandy Munro?

I would define that answer as someone spending countless hours/days on multiple forums posting mass negative BS when they Clearly have NO interest in the product other than to crap on others for their personal interest. That would be Crazy….
Can't speak for others but that's far from my perspective.

I want Tesla to be something I'm proud of and something that lives up to its original promise. I think, for a lot of us, Tesla was supposed to represent positive change. So, between the lies, the overpromises and under-deliveries, the religious level zealotry its staunch defenders hold; we, the owners who have paid a real price, are justifiably frustrated.

This isn't to mention the moral hazard many Tesla defenders exhibit by being stockholders. The entirety of Tesla is held up by ~200,000 - 300,000 upper-middle class stockholders. Many of them are here, with their neck veins bulging and defending another under-delivered, half-baked product. Something that may be cool after another 3-5 years of development, but right now really doesn't suit any actual human's actual needs.

Last edited:
Munro's sole consideration seems to be how cheaply a car can be slapped together by the manufacturer.
I stopped watching him quite a while ago but I recall him doing a teardown of the VW ID.4 when it came to market. That ID.4 had a very solid build quality below the skin, with plenty of metal components and the use of plenty of screws instead of plastic clips. Munro was going on all the time about how they could have used plastic clips instead of screws, plastic components instead of metal ones and how they could have glued parts together, instead of using plenty of screws.
He gave absolutely no consideration to aspects of longevity and the possibilities to recycle or to repair any components once the car was a couple of years old.
Any car that Munro consults on I would consider as a car to avoid.
Given recent events I wonder if Boeing has their own versions of Sandy Munro?
Sandy Munro is a hack and skill, all wrapped up in one.

• Disagree
Reactions: finman100 and kabin
There's a few good reasons potential CT buyers might be on the fence. Some of the good versus the bad. Some say demand will be much lower than 150k per year.

And let’s not forget… Elon himself said.. he wasn’t sure it would end up being a success, and if it doesn’t suceed he would build something else.
i‘m ready for the new design to be revealed.

There's a few good reasons potential CT buyers might be on the fence. Some of the good versus the bad. Some say demand will be much lower than 150k per year.
If they stick to these two configurations and these prices, yeah the CT is just a rich kid's toy; selling <100K a year. If they get the price down to ~$65k-$75k rollaway cost for the dual motor with a 500mi EPA range and put in a fair number of 800v trailer accessible superchargers, I think they could sell hundreds of thousands a year.

If they stick to these two configurations and these prices, yeah the CT is just a rich kid's toy; selling <100K a year. If they get the price down to ~$65k-$75k rollaway cost for the dual motor with a 500mi EPA range and put in a fair number of 800v trailer accessible superchargers, I think they could sell hundreds of thousands a year.
Yep, that would hit important goals for many buyers. We'll see how well next gen 4680 performs as well as how fast they ramp up 4680 production. Until then current 4680 performance is marginal at best and not worthy of a premium price no matter how much lipstick they stick on the pig. 🐷

Speaking of Tesla scams. I tried defrost mode for the first time today. I never used it in the past because I KNEW it would do this. But after seeing all those timelapses of it working fine, I thought I would ty it.

NOW I have to go to the inner most circle of hell and get the windshield replaced (since Safelite doesn't offer replacements for the Model S). Tesla won't work with insurance (for the same reason they won't let you use your car battery as a house backup, because it competes with another product they sell) so I have to front the cash, then get reimbursed by my insurance company.

Despite my best efforts, I've just been Musked.

IMG_3383.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow I’m not sure why it would crack. I’ve had three MS’s since 2013 and never had a windshield crack. Was this on your MS? Guess you must have had this happen before on your other Teslas. Sorry you’ve got to deal with this.
Yep. On the Model S. In my old company Model 3, I had to get the windshield replaced (rock hit it), luckily Model 3s can be done by Safelite.

This happened while I was shoveling my driveway and the car was "defrosting" behind me, made an audible cracking noise.

Speaking of Tesla scams. I tried defrost mode for the first time today. I never used it in the past because I KNEW it would do this. But after seeing all those timelapses of it working fine, I thought I would ty it.

NOW I have to go to the inner most circle of hell and get the windshield replaced (since Safelite doesn't offer replacements for the Model S). Tesla won't work with insurance (for the same reason they won't let you use your car battery as a house backup, because it competes with another product they sell) so I have to front the cash, then get reimbursed by my insurance company.

Update: Safelite now does Model S windshields! Wheww... so only partially Musked and he ain't getting any more of my $$$

View attachment 1009490
Dam. Sorry

Reactions: jebinc