Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah totally valued, by the same 5 people with 700 posts. lol.

Those 5 include you correct? You’re always in this thread even though the title of the thread clearly states it’s not an “I love my Cybertruck” thread…..

Again, the thread was dead until someone decided to put their cape on to the defense the honor of the Cyberdashian

A few updates.

1. Many believe that Elon envisioned the CyberTruck as something that could be useful on his planned Mars colonization. Will use profits from selling to the general public that will offset it's developmental costs, essentially subsidizing his Mars Mission.

2. Reports of rusting Cybertrucks has turned out to be click bait. The rust shown was from iron contamination that sat on the surface. Probably rail dust, that is well known by most detailers. Also shows up as rust deposits on traditional clear coat paint jobs.

3. More click bait by influencers "testing real world range" on early production Founder Edition CyberTrucks. These trucks come with heavy duty off-road lugged tires. Of course this will significantly reduce range, and even Tesla shows that on their web pages. While this gets lots of hits and monitization from YouTube, it paints an incorrect picture. Cybertrucks, with normal street tires get more than the rated mileage.

Tesla has many enemies, as well as content providers looking for clicks. Best to take these early "revelations" with a grain of salt.

The CyberTruck is significantly different from traditional legacy Pickups. They each have their strong and weak points. The marketplace will sort out the sales volumes each will achieve.

Believe the CyberTruck is unique, special and will find their place in the market. Many will still prefer a gas/diesel powered traditional truck, while others will appreciate the unique capabilites of CyberTruck.

Those wanting to stick to legacy pickups, of course will want to find a way to justify their purchase of a heavy, gas guzzling ICE purchase.

A few updates.

1. Many believe that Elon envisioned the CyberTruck as something that could be useful on his planned Mars colonization. Will use profits from selling to the general public that will offset it's developmental costs, essentially subsidizing his Mars Mission.

2. Reports of rusting Cybertrucks has turned out to be click bait. The rust shown was from iron contamination that sat on the surface. Probably rail dust, that is well known by most detailers. Also shows up as rust deposits on traditional clear coat paint jobs.

3. More click bait by influencers "testing real world range" on early production Founder Edition CyberTrucks. These trucks come with heavy duty off-road lugged tires. Of course this will significantly reduce range, and even Tesla shows that on their web pages. While this gets lots of hits and monitization from YouTube, it paints an incorrect picture. Cybertrucks, with normal street tires get more than the rated mileage.

Tesla has many enemies, as well as content providers looking for clicks. Best to take these early "revelations" with a grain of salt.

The CyberTruck is significantly different from traditional legacy Pickups. They each have their strong and weak points. The marketplace will sort out the sales volumes each will achieve.

Believe the CyberTruck is unique, special and will find their place in the market. Many will still prefer a gas/diesel powered traditional truck, while others will appreciate the unique capabilites of CyberTruck.

Those wanting to stick to legacy pickups, of course will want to find a way to justify their purchase of a heavy, gas guzzling ICE purchase.
1. Oh please, ct on Mars is ridiculous and a pipe dream. No sane person actually thought that to be true.
2. Not click bait, a lot is rail dust but rust *has* been happening as well.
3. Not click bait, real world tests with actual objective numbers are not click bait.

Try living in reality not your imaginary world.

1. Oh please, ct on Mars is ridiculous and a pipe dream. No sane person actually thought that to be true.
2. Not click bait, a lot is rail dust but rust *has* been happening as well.
3. Not click bait, real world tests with actual objective numbers are not click bait.

Try living in reality not your imaginary world.
Now that we know SpaceX is collaborating with Tesla on the new Roadster, I wouldn’t say Mars is ridiculous speculation in terms of the Cybertruck.

“DGAF” what makes a truck a truck….

We’ll just add “Truck” at the end so it’s not confused for a Crossover….. smh

Tesla had 4 years…. 4 years…. They got a look at the Rivian, Lightning, Silverado and Hummer…. And what do they put out? A Mid Pack offering that’s more expensive and only offered with Market Adjustment.

Again, I ask. If the Silverado was to come out with an “all new” model that is the same specs as a 3 year old F-150, what would be the reaction in the ICE world?

We all know why people are buying the Cybertruck, it’s not because it offers the best specs.
There is NO OTHER TRUCK in the world that comes with FSD like the foundation series does.

There is NO OTHER TRUCK in the world that is bullet proof.

There are NO ICE trucks that will have PowerShare to power your house.

How many of your F150’s have 240 and 120V outlets to power your tools on a job site or do you have to lug around an expensive gas generator to do that?

Jealous detractors point out some things it can’t do while omitting what it does better including drive by wire and shorter turning radiuses.

Look, most of us don’t tow and 300M range is all we ever need to do all the truck things we need to do, just like 300M range was all we ever needed with our EV sedans and SUV’s.

I remember when I bought my 2014 Model S how the same detractors said the sedan couldn’t do this and that their ICE sedan could.

Don’t buy it if it doesn’t suit you but I’ve had my Cybertruck for 10 days and wouldn’t sell it to you for $150k even if there was no contractual penalties.

There is NO OTHER TRUCK in the world that comes with FSD like the foundation series does.
They don’t even have AP at the moment.
f150 powerboost has entered the chat.

including drive by wire and shorter turning radiuses.
* steer by wire. Most ICE vehicles (since 2005) are drive by wire.

I had iron contamination on my new 2012 Tundra. It was weird because it was on the outside of the paint. Buffed out fine but because it was paint no one thought the truck was rusting.

How many of your F150’s have 240 and 120V outlets to power your tools on a job site or do you have to lug around an expensive gas generator to do that?

Jealous detractors point out some things it can’t do while omitting what it does better including drive by wire and shorter turning radiuses.

Look, most of us don’t tow and 300M range is all we ever need to do all the truck things we need to do, just like 300M range was all we ever needed with our EV sedans and SUV’s.

I remember when I bought my 2014 Model S how the same detractors said the sedan couldn’t do this and that their ICE sedan could.

Don’t buy it if it doesn’t suit you but I’ve had my Cybertruck for 10 days and wouldn’t sell it to you for $150k even if there was no contractual penalties.

1. Since when do trucks require to have FSD? I’d say the folding work table in the F-150 center console is more useful than FSD.

2. Why in the hell do I need it to be bullet proof?

3. “ICE” glad you omitted the Lightning 🙄

Does the Cybertruck have useful plugs in the frunk?

All of a sudden a shorter turning radius is required in a truck ….. hilarious…

Glad your not selling it for $150k because Tesla themselves wouldn’t give you more than $50k 🤣

Again, Cybertruck fans trying to redifine what a truck needs to have when it’s their first Truck lmao

A few updates.

You like to conveniently explain away things, huh?

I do agree that the market will sort it all out.

Reactions: T3SLAROD

FSD is the. It Fraud.

Range is King. 500 + miles was promised, and not delivered. A complete fail.

Reactions: Cal1 and T3SLAROD
1. Since when do trucks require to have FSD? I’d say the folding work table in the F-150 center console is more useful than FSD.

2. Why in the hell do I need it to be bullet proof?

3. “ICE” glad you omitted the Lightning 🙄

Does the Cybertruck have useful plugs in the frunk?

All of a sudden a shorter turning radius is required in a truck ….. hilarious…

Glad your not selling it for $150k because Tesla themselves wouldn’t give you more than $50k 🤣

Again, Cybertruck fans trying to redifine what a truck needs to have when it’s their first Truck lmao
Facts and common sense are not what they want to hear.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
FSD is the. It Fraud.

Range is King. 500 + miles was promised, and not delivered. A complete fail.
I’m not a CT fan and bought a Lightning last summer. But I don’t feel the level of betrayal many feel here. I did get caught in the Plaid+ fiasco so I do know Elon’s failures. Funny how the Elon sycophants just ignore what we have on tape. Somehow they just rationalize away the failures. I

laughed hard at the baseball demo. There was no one to tell him how dumb it was to try to minimize the steel ball fiasco? It actually made it worse in my eyes and showed how petty Musk really is.

The bullet demo was so stupid. Anyone experienced with guns instantly said 45 cal bullets are not penetrating anything. Nothing like a 9mm or .223 rounds. To have someone shoot arrows at it was so… childish. Someone should have explained how bad that would look. Arrows? Really? Like someone needs arrow protection in their truck.

The battery extender that takes up a huge amount of bed space will go away in a few years. Most that needed that range also would need the bed space. Again something he should have just left alone.

I don’t hate or even dislike the CT it’s just not for me. The range failure is not why I pass. It’s just doesn’t do enough better to get my $.

Oh yea FSD is a fraud. It doesn’t work anything he promised.