Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think for sand you probably need something light, or different wheels/tires that can spread the weight out more. Not a good choice for a stock EV truck, or even a stock ICE truck.
Air down, increase contact patch. Has nothing to do with ‘light’. An R1S does the same thing with 40+ psi in the tires.

//tell us you’ve never driven in sand without telling us.

Yeah heavy EV trucks are not well suited to stuff like that, given the heavy weight. That said, I think part of the problem is the off-road software isn't out yet. So the truck may ironically be less capable than even something like the Y (other than ground clearance).
I saw something about them not having locking "differentials" yet, if it even has differentials. Although does it have some kind of limited slip software? Both are kind of trying to achieve the same thing in different ways. A locking differential can literally lock the differential solid. Limited slip just reduces slippage by transferring torque. I'm not sure what, if anything, the Cybertruck has right now.

Environmental friendliness is just one possible aspect among many, and may not have been one for this particular buyer, and even if it was you are talking about two different classes of problems that might be weighted differently. Why are those rules in place for that particular beach? If it's environmental reasons, it's still a local and temporary issue (temporary for as long as the truck is there), whereas the CO2 emissions and pollution concerns are a global all eggs in one basket problem that is enduring and hard to reverse, making it a much higher risk higher impact problem than driving on restricted beaches.

The beach driving ban probably has to do with endangered animal breeding grounds or even the safety of beach goers. It's not about CO2 since there are also roads and parking lots very close by.

Two trucks that don’t exist. (RAM vaporware)

Rivian isn’t some magic bullet, it fails with its overly complicated suspension and other known issues. - lots of these trucks having 2+ previous owners, that speaks volumes on how “objectively better” they are with 50+ units sitting unsold at local service centers. How many lemoned units? How many sent the vehicle back within the 7day window?

Silverado EV, have you driven one? The one in my driveway has sub 400miles on it, won’t charge, just came back from service for the same issue. -Stop sale issued by chev on how many of their EV platform?

We might as well start comparing the Nissan-fiskar truck(s) too.

Can we just state the obvious? Full size truck/ SUV EV's are stupid, plainly put. Hybrid is the way.

EV trucks just become a battle of who can install the largest battery packs, which isn't good for the environment, other road users, or the buyer's pocketbook.

EV's make great second/ third or fourth vehicles for homeowners with dedicated parking spots in small efficient personal transport vehicles and possibly in a few dedicated light weight spoke operation (comes home every night) hauling operations (i.e. Amazon delivery or moving trucks).

😂😂

Stop sale on the EV f150 with lip service from ford. Issues with demand, too.

“BuT iTs So Gud oF A tRuCk!111”
😂💀

Ford stops sale to fix a problem with trucks leaving the factory….. meanwhile at Tesla:

“We were unable to replicate”

IMG_1067.jpeg

“InDisTrucktable” 🤪💀

Issues with selling Tesla that Tesla keeps bringing the price down 🙄

Reactions: TessP100D
  • Disagree
Reactions: buckets0fun
  • Disagree
Reactions: kabin
You might find this shocking but I had two trucks in the past and never towed a damned thing with them.

I bought them for other reasons the Cybertruck is perfectly capable of doing. Just because you don’t tow doesn’t mean the other truck features like the 6ft bed aren’t extremely useful especially with the 120 and 220 outlets.

For the roughly 1/3 that buy a truck to tow, I agree with the folks that say there are much better options than a Cybertruck so if that’s important get something else.

Some of us prefer staying in hotels when we take trips versus needing a specialized heavy duty truck to tow the camper that other than two trips a year sits in your driveway and your neighbors think looks like a 💩 😂

Some of us prefer staying in hotels when we take trips versus needing a specialized heavy duty truck to tow the camper that other than two trips a year sits in your driveway and your neighbors think looks like *sugar*. 😂
And for those of us that live at racetracks in our campers, have been towing with EVs for years, we’re okay with 1.4-1:1(mi:kWh). Because charging there is cheaper than petrol/diesel+oil changes+potential for trans issues+and+and+and+and+.

You know, the thing that all towing with EVs has been for longer than one could care to remember. 😉

Reactions: SamS