Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that supposed to be an example of a broken promise or a negative? I think it showed the opposite. The guys' wrap got scuffed (so he will need to redo the wrap) and the plastic bits got damaged, but the door held up surprisingly well. With any other car/truck, if you get side swiped, the door most likely will be significantly dented.

Here's an example just with a quick google:
img_6722-jpeg.42679

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/dealership-side-swiped-my-truck.9404/

This truck will be on the road within a week, I’m not sure why people are all caught up on having a dent less truck of all things.

Cybertruck should have cheap insurance since it’ll never need to be repaired 🙄

• Funny
Reactions: Suns_PSD
This truck will be on the road within a week, I’m not sure why people are all caught up on having a dent less truck of all things.

The Cyber-Turd will end up being an expensive car to insure. It will take the Insurance companies a little time to gain loss experience. Then they will lower the boom on rates.

It's more about parking lot door dings and swipes. I have plenty on my Model 3 because I street park on a hill with 90 degree parking. Not worth it to fix or claim insurance, but a pain to look at. From what I see, most of those would not affect the Cybertruck.

Two trucks that don’t exist. (RAM vaporware)

Rivian isn’t some magic bullet, it fails with its overly complicated suspension and other known issues. - lots of these trucks having 2+ previous owners, that speaks volumes on how “objectively better” they are with 50+ units sitting unsold at local service centers. How many lemoned units? How many sent the vehicle back within the 7day window?

Silverado EV, have you driven one? The one in my driveway has sub 400miles on it, won’t charge, just came back from service for the same issue. -Stop sale issued by chev on how many of their EV platform?

We might as well start comparing the Nissan-fiskar truck(s) too.
As a Rivian owner, there are some that have issues but the vast majority are not having any major issues. I've never had anything major, nor the friends of mine who own them. I think the biggest reason we're seeing owners sell them quite quickly is because so many initial buyers got it at the original honored price plus qualifying for the tax credit. So they got to drive the car for over a year and still able to sell it at a slight profit. I'm tempted to sell mine for the same reason although I really love this truck. I just hate owning depreciating assets long. I don't usually own a car longer than 2-3 years. I'm approaching 2 years now on my R1T

For those wondering how the CT ramp is going at GigaTexas these snippets from the daily GigaTexas video are pretty surprising. The ramp appears to be going much better than most expected. Not included are more trucks at 10:09 getting charged and 12:21 where the trucks are being loaded, Link to video below. There were additional trucks but I didn't do a screen shot.

CyberTrucks at GigaTexas March 13 2024.png

CyberTrucks at GigaTexas Charging Parking Lot March 13 2024.png

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand
For those wondering how the CT ramp is going at GigaTexas these snippets from the daily GigaTexas video are pretty surprising. The ramp appears to be going much better than most expected. Not included are more trucks at 10:09 getting charged and 12:21 where the trucks are being loaded, Link to video below. There were additional trucks but I didn't do a screen shot.

View attachment 1027705

View attachment 1027706

Per @Troy's latest public estimate, he's expecting about 2k for all of Q1.

Just wondering what you will say when the production run rate for the CT is greater than any other EV truck. Good chance that will happen sometime next year.

Congrats Tesla?

It still looks like a dump truck and no amount of production run is going to change that.

I think you might be overestimating the desire for this car. It’s out of reach for many people even at the regular price. This isn’t a 3 or Y. As stated in other threads, people think they need a big SUV until they drive said SUV and it doesn’t have the driving dynamics they were promised.

Again, a resell, you tube or collectible.

Last edited:
Just wondering what you will say when the production run rate for the CT is greater than any other EV truck. Good chance that will happen sometime next year.
Sales won't make it any less ugly. Highly skeptical it will sell "greater than any other EV truck" regardless. The other options on the market are drastically better cars.

The Truck As Statement Piece​

All of this said, there's a certain honesty to the Cybertruck. In a world saturated with overland builds festooned with every piece of off-road equipment known to man but which never leave the pavement, the Cybertruck speaks plainly. Everyone knows you bought it because you think it looks cool and everyone you know and will ever meet will want to take pictures of it and go for a ride in it. In the land of pavement machines, the Cybertruck rules.

• Funny
Reactions: SamS and Suns_PSD
Sales won't make it any less ugly. Highly skeptical it will sell "greater than any other EV truck" regardless. The other options on the market are drastically better cars.
I won't argue whether it's ugly or not since that depends on who you talk to. Just remember that when the VW Bug came out many said it was ugly too but over 23 million were sold. Only time will tell after the CT has been around a few years what it's legacy will be. I just think we should wait and see how it plays out. Why rush to judgement?

I won't argue whether it's ugly or not since that depends on who you talk to. Just remember that when the VW Bug came out many said it was ugly too but over 23 million were sold. Only time will tell after the CT has been around a few years what it's legacy will be. I just think we should wait and see how it plays out. Why rush to judgement?

Anything the Germans made during that time was Ugly whether it wasn’t or not.

• Funny
Reactions: zoomer0056