Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck vs F150, What More Made In USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kpanda17

Oct 17, 2022
USA
Really think about it, what’s more American and made in rhe USA, Cybertruck vs F150?
We will use rhe Model Y as rhe stand in as we don’t know the content specifics for rhe CT yet. Don’t think we know the exact origin of the Lightening content and will use rhe standard F150 for that stand in.
Cars.com source

1691777923449.png

2022 List

1691777810413.png

Model Y
Above you can see it’s #1, 80%
1691778338820.png

F150 55%
1691777407592.png

Let’s be proud Americans with Tesla owned and made in rhe USA
1691778457793.png

I can’t wait to put a flag on rhe back of mine
👍

Attachments

• 1691778277143.png
    1691778277143.png
    173.8 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: android04
Really think about it, what’s more American and made in rhe USA, Cybertruck vs F150?
We will use rhe Model Y as rhe stand in as we don’t know the content specifics for rhe CT yet. Don’t think we know the exact origin of the Lightening content and will use rhe standard F150 for that stand in.
Cars.com source

No need to get it second hand. They have reports here:

All of a sudden what's "more American" is important 🤣

I'll tell you what's not American, is that pea sized Frunk in the Cybertruck......
I was thinking the same, then I realized that the Lightning pickup bed is so short that it’s almost wider than it is long.
The modern truck trend for stunted pickup beds is definitely un-American :D
Granted nobody has measured the Cybertruck bed yet, but they were claiming a full size 72-78”
I love using the American made thing with rednecks, especially when they start to use the “good old American iron” trope

Last edited:
Reactions: outdoors
It’s not horrible
View attachment 970451
My est is 30” wide, 16” deep and 16” tall
4.5 cubic feet
Vs
R1T 11
Lightening 14
I’ll take a bigger bed va Fronk anytime
F the Fronk
Need the bed

No you won’t unless you’re hauling crap in the back 24/7.

The Frunk is the most utilized cargo space in the Lightning next to the underseat storage.

Just like I would take a traditional truck bed as opposed to the CT bed that doesn’t allow for chucking *sugar* over the side….

BTW here is the CT towing ….. finally

CT has a smaller cab and frunk, but 7" bigger bed than the Lightning.

But is the bed more narrow than an F-150 Lightning?

Again, it comes down to the buyer being realistic about hauling crap in the bed vs the convenience of interior/frunk storage.

A lot of Tesla owners who will move to the CT are going to find out quickly that tossing Costco crap in the bed isn't convenient at all. The Frunk is where it's at.

I'm guessing the vast majority of CT owners will be driving round with the vault lid closed and will have removable vault organizers back there.
There's also all the fairly substantial under-vault storage areas as well.
Doesn't look like the side storage made it though.

Reactions: uscbucsfan