TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Dallas Service Center Pickup Experience

Discussion in 'Texas' started by wqu06, Apr 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. wqu06

wqu06 Member

Hey guys! I have a Model X that just went into production (4-1-17) and was hoping to hear people's experience who picked up their car at that Dallas Service Center. Thanks!

2. vrykolas

vrykolas Member

We picked up 12/20/2016 during the 4Q 2016 rush to meet quotas (at Cedar Springs location)

We had an EXCELLENT experience! It had a scheduled start time with no formal end time, but we only took one hour. They were very patient with my need to check most things. They walked through a lot of intro stuff with my wife.

Don't worry about "all" things mentioned in the pickup checklist, just enjoy the delivery.

However, I would check for things that might be considered *caused by user*. For example, check for scratches (I side and out), paint chips, and main functionality.

All the other items are covered by warranty and can be fixed later (if needed).

Everyone we interacted with was great!

3. wqu06

wqu06 Member

That's good to hear! I live in OKC so I plan on going through the car thoroughly before driving back. Don't want to take it back to Dallas for something that Ranger Service can't fix :).

• Like x 1
  4. vrykolas

vrykolas Member

Yes, so if you're "out of town" DEFINITELY sirens more time and be more careful. My experience/recommendation is being only 30 minutes away.

5. bcampbelllds

bcampbelllds Member

The Dallas SC is fantastic. They are always helpful and attentive. I stopped by in December unannounced and they quickly replaced two tires.

• Like x 1
  6. Prestoward

Prestoward Member

The Dallas service center are great people. I have had two Tesla delivered with them, they are top notch.

7. cab

cab Member

Good guys there for the most part, but agree with looking for anything they might say "you" did and also recommend taking a test drive (which they don't seem to be big fans of).

8. cbdream99

cbdream99 Member

I just took delivery, staff is excellent and a complete throughout orientation. I do suggest you check everything once more yourself before driving out.

• Like x 1