Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dallas Service Center Pickup Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys! I have a Model X that just went into production (4-1-17) and was hoping to hear people's experience who picked up their car at that Dallas Service Center. Thanks!

We picked up 12/20/2016 during the 4Q 2016 rush to meet quotas (at Cedar Springs location)

We had an EXCELLENT experience! It had a scheduled start time with no formal end time, but we only took one hour. They were very patient with my need to check most things. They walked through a lot of intro stuff with my wife.

Don't worry about "all" things mentioned in the pickup checklist, just enjoy the delivery.

However, I would check for things that might be considered *caused by user*. For example, check for scratches (I side and out), paint chips, and main functionality.

All the other items are covered by warranty and can be fixed later (if needed).

Everyone we interacted with was great!

We picked up 12/20/2016 during the 4Q 2016 rush to meet quotas (at Cedar Springs location)

We had an EXCELLENT experience! It had a scheduled start time with no formal end time, but we only took one hour. They were very patient with my need to check most things. They walked through a lot of intro stuff with my wife.

Don't worry about "all" things mentioned in the pickup checklist, just enjoy the delivery.

However, I would check for things that might be considered *caused by user*. For example, check for scratches (I side and out), paint chips, and main functionality.

All the other items are covered by warranty and can be fixed later (if needed).

Everyone we interacted with was great!

That's good to hear! I live in OKC so I plan on going through the car thoroughly before driving back. Don't want to take it back to Dallas for something that Ranger Service can't fix :).

Reactions: vrykolas