Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dallas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are renting a house in the area and the owner is amenable to putting in a plug at home what is the approximate cost for putting in at plug for charging? Inquiring minds want to know thank you.

It varies a great deal depending on whether your current service and box can accommodate it, the length of the run you need from the box to the outlet location, and permitting cost. If you have a very short run, adequate service and box, and a low permit cost, it'll probably cost around $500, give or take. I had a very long run, adequate service, and a $300 permit, so it was around $1500 for me.

Reactions: larmor
If you are renting a house in the area and the owner is amenable to putting in a plug at home what is the approximate cost for putting in at plug for charging? Inquiring minds want to know thank you.
I was quoted 200-300 bucks under conditions that the panel has suffcient capacity (load and breaker space) and the outlet will be within reasonable proximity of the panel.

Reactions: larmor