Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Damage to leather while cleaning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone (no me) rubbed the inside of the door area (see pic) when cleaning something off of it. I don't think the white marks are a stain, but rather the excessive rubbing, peeled away the black.

Has anyone ever experienced this and might be able to recommend a remedy? Possibly a polish or marker or something?

Thank you in advance...

teslascratch.JPG

It's not leather, I assume you tried to see if it wipes off with a wet rag. Don't use a marker! But you can try using black shoe polish to stain the white areas black again, if the black is actually scraped off. I have done this on a real leather steering wheel in the past that got scratched and it worked.

If you use a shoe polish, you'll be dying whatever the white stuff is, instead of removing it.
I agree with this, "if" the white is actually something on top of the black surface. When I suggested shoe polish it was because the OP said the surface scratched off the black. Obviously one would have to see if it's a scratch or it's marked white. I hope the OP reports back about what worked.