Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Danger - Falling Rocks! I'll say!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
Saw this Model 3 owner's story this morning of a 37 pound rock that fell on to his car while driving in WA. He got damn lucky, and interesting to see how the Model 3 took the hit. That Center screen mount is pretty rock solid and likely this rock put it to the test although it looks like the dash took the biggest hit. Looking at the image of his car face on, it looks like that mountain rock was going for a direct hit on the driver.

Scientists test underwater “LarvalBot” in effort to rebuild coral reefs damaged by climate change

What the heck happened there? I was on the story when I copied the url and in fact never saw that story. Anyway, thanks for adding the correct story link. And for some reason TMC won't give me access to my original post so I can't fix there. Says it's only been 16 minutes. Weird. Can original posts not be edited?

Attachments

• Tesla_Cape_Horn.jpg
    Tesla_Cape_Horn.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: SMAlset
I find that news agregators like Apple News And Flipboard send me to the wrong link every so often. They also have a habit of sending me to sites that themselves have clickbait all over the place and when I try to get a link or move from story a to b... I get back c...

Happens...

Bad web design... or maybe good web engineering to create a purposefully bad result...

I reas this story this morning. The part that kep freaking me out was “glass in his eyes...”
- I hate sitting there worrying if someone is OK knowing I will never find out.

Larvalbot is super cool. Your wrong link lead me down the rabbit hole. Read about larvalbot for half an hour.

Totally by accident but glad it wasn't a waste of time for someone. :)

As for the source, I did a Google search as I wasn't sure which source I had read it in that morning. Search brought up Teslarati's article and from there not sure what went wrong. What gets me is I saw the article on my screen. But yes, sometimes I stumble into unintended articles that can be quite fascinating.

Yes, the glass in the face and eyes got a reaction from me too. Thankfully no one was behind him. Not sure where exactly he was, but getting rammed from behind by a car coming around a curve in that gorge area could have possible sent one's car over the edge. He was lucky on so many fronts. Here in the SF Bay area Hwy 17 through the Santa Cruz Mts. can be dangerous during heavy rains due to falling rocks. So far no rain yet but sure we will hear accounts of rockfalls this winter.