Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dartford Crossing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I've been driving my M3LR for almost 2 months now and it is fantastic!

I used the Dartford Crossing for the first time yesterday, then went online to pay/add the M3 to my account today. The strange thing was it advised me that 'This vehicle already exists in the system'... So I rang up Dartford Crossing customer service who said that the car was already registered to another account and there is nothing outstanding for yesterdays crossings :confused:

Has anybody come across this before?

I'm leasing directly with Tesla and they haven't sent me the V5, but it seems they are very kindly paying my dart charge.

Could it be that there's been another number plate error? IIRC, someone here drove their car away from the collection centre with the wrong plates on, as there had been a mess up with fitting the plates to the car. I can't recall what happened exactly, but think the problem only came to light when the V5 arrived, and the reg number on it didn't match that on the car.

Could it be that there's been another number plate error? IIRC, someone here drove their car away from the collection centre with the wrong plates on, as there had been a mess up with fitting the plates to the car. I can't recall what happened exactly, but think the problem only came to light when the V5 arrived, and the reg number on it didn't match that on the car.

Maybe, but the plate on the 'Registration' doc from the glovebox matched correctly, plus I successfully registered with TFL for the congestion charge exemption, so it feels like something else.

Incidentally, the lady at customer services made a note on the system that no demands etc should be sent out... so I have saved £4 :)

I think it's probably an oversight on Dartford Tesla's part. AFAIK all their registered vehicles (registered under Tesla Dartford) are covered for the Dart Charge, some sort of fleet account, I could be wrong but just going by what I remember being told about their loan vehicles. Is your lease vehicle new?

My previous car reg started with YX and for whatever reason, whenever I had to type it in, there was a good chance I would type it as XY. So more than once (including the Dart charge) I would get fined for not paying (I had effectively paid for someone else).

Just out of interest, due to living in Kent and leasing from Tesla (Dartford Pickup). I thought I would update my Dart Charge account with my registration.

I get a message saying the registration is already registered.

Ummmmmmmmm

I think it's probably an oversight on Dartford Tesla's part. AFAIK all their registered vehicles (registered under Tesla Dartford) are covered for the Dart Charge, some sort of fleet account, I could be wrong but just going by what I remember being told about their loan vehicles. Is your lease vehicle new?

The thing is I picked it up from Heathrow! o_O

Just out of interest, due to living in Kent and leasing from Tesla (Dartford Pickup). I thought I would update my Dart Charge account with my registration.

I get a message saying the registration is already registered.

Ummmmmmmmm

Yep, that's exactly what I get